• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Escavalier] vs Accelgor

Who do you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Black and White Weekly Poll #5: Escavalier vs Accelgor

[Escavalier] vs Accelgor
    [Escavalier] vs Accelgor

This BW Weekly Poll pits two of the coolest Bug Types in Unova against each other, Escavalier and Accelgor.

Quick facts on Escavalier:
    • Highest stats are Attack, Defense and Special Defense
    • Bug/Steel Type
    • Draws influence from Knights/Cavaliers
    • Abilities are Swarm, Shell Armor and Overcoat (DW)
    • Has the highest Attack Stat of all Bug Types

Quick facts on Accelgor:
    • Highest stats are Speed and Special Attack
    • Pure Bug Type
    • Draws influence from Ninjas
    • Abilities are Sticky Hold, Hydration and Unburden (DW)
    • Has the highest Speed Stat of all Bug Types
    credz to karp

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I haven't used either of these, but I really dislike the design of Accelgor and think Escavalier's is pretty cool. Plus his name draws from French knights which is also cool. So yeah go Escavalier :3

Years
  • Accelgor is too frail for my liking. Escavalier is just great with Megahorn, Iron Head, and its defenses. Plus it evolves from the awesome Karrablast, which is a fun False Swiper for in game.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Escavalier since it's Bug/Steel unlike Accelgor and Accelgor's Bug Moves will definitely have no match for Escavalier's typing.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Accelgor definitely. I love his Speedy personality, and I love ninjas. So accelgor.

also, he is the fastest non-legendary spiker.

Years
  • Since my brother hasn't got White yet, I can't get an Accelgor or Escavalier yet so I haven't experienced using them.

But in the Battle Subway, I usually get paired with Hilbert in the Battle Subway and I've seen him using these two.

So if I had to choose, it would be Escavalier.

Years
  • In terms of Movepool, they have both been neglected by Game Freak. Escavalier could have done with Bullet Punch or Sucker Punch. Even Brick Break or Night Slash would have need nice. That said, it's doing better than Accelgor. With little-to-no support moves it can't cripple anything that resists Bug and maybe Fighting. Which is a big chunk of the available Pokemon.

Both would have awesome potential, but Escavalier wins on the appearance and power grounds. Accelgor is more original, but falls short on every other front.

Vote: Escavalier
    [Escavalier] vs Accelgor

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I really want to say both but if I had to choose it's probably be Accelgor due to the Hydration ability and I like the design a bit more TBH.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Argh, that was a tough choice, but I went with Escavalier because it's a freakin' knight bug and has a very strong Megahorn to make up for its lacking move pool. Accelgor still comes in close for an equally cool design, high Speed and a bit more of a move pool than Escavalier.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I voted for Escavalier.

I've never used either of them, but going off looks I'd say Escavalier. Plus I like the whole knights theme going on there.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Yuk, both are really awful I think. When I see Pokémon like that I'm depressed: Pokémon will never be the same again. :pink_frown:
    The good point I give them is the way that Karrablast and Shelmet evolve into them, it's original and innovative !
    So between Escavalier and Accelgor... I gonna choose the first one. Accelgor isn't tough at all, Escavalier isn't really tough neither but it gave me some difficulties somtimes, so I conclude it's better. :pink_smile:
    Plus, at design, I prefer Escavalier, the other one is too strange, I can't really picture it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Looks-wise, definitely Escavalier. And actually battle-wise I'd probably pick Escavalier too. Only one weakness (albeit a double weakness to Fire) and lots of resistances due it's Steel typing.

I don't have either on Black, though.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Accelgor for the win! :D
    With U-Turn, Me First, Giga Drain and Bug Buzz he is a very strong member of my team. And he is not weak, at all... And you can be sure to attack first almost all the time :D

Thrash

Feebas Führer
    Years
  • Not really fond of either, but I picked Escavalier solely based on looks and typing. Dat bug/steel. Plus those little pointed things look like peppermint sticks and I really like peppermint sticks.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I've used Escavalier in a challenge before. Escavalier's high attack stat makes up for his 4x weakness to Fire, and low speed. Accelgor may have high speed, but he doesn't have a very impressive offensive stat, nor any way to boost it.

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I really love both. D:

Escavalier is really awesome, and I enjoy its design too. I feel the exact same way about Accelgor though. D: Plus they're both Bug-types. dfjnbsdhfjbsdfgb UGH. I guess I choose Accelgor, mainly because of its slick appearance.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Although Accelgor is based on a ninja (which are totally awesome), I can't help but feel myself drawn to Escavalier. It just appeals to me more, to be hoenst. So tha's who I am voting for. :)

Back