• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Is there a way to display the player's name in a mid-battle setting? I know I can use the indexes to display the pokemon's names, but what about the player's name?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    weird... it's not working, it literally says "{$player.name}". I'm calling that in a "loss" condition (player loses) in a deluxe trainer battle

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Weird, it's just not working for me... :/
    Also, is there a way to revive one of the opposing trainer's pokemon? I've tried setting the battler, then using :hp or even :useitem and use a Revive, but it didn't work! I don't think there's a way to get the battler id of a fainted pokemon sadly...

Any hopes of future keywords that will allow us to force X to switch, revive, etc?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Weird, it's just not working for me... :/
    Just literally copy/paste this --> #{$player.name} <--- into a string. It can't really "not work". It's just how strings work in general, it has nothing to do with the plugin.

Also, is there a way to revive one of the opposing trainer's pokemon? I've tried setting the battler, then using :hp or even :useitem and use a Revive, but it didn't work! I don't think there's a way to get the battler id of a fainted pokemon sadly...
    To my knowledge, there is no in-built way for AI trainers to revive their fainted Pokemon in Essentials. My plugin can't replicate something that doesn't exist in the first place.

Any hopes of future keywords that will allow us to force X to switch, revive, etc?
    Will I add more keys? Probably. Idk about those specific ones, though. Reviving AI Pokemon is too specific for me to want to add (if something already existed that did this which I could simply copy, then maybe). Force switching seems like an interesting idea though, and probably worth adding.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Thanks for the answers!! I love this plugin, I can just hope it gets even more nice mid-battle settings! <3

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.1.6)

• Fixed an issue related to forms not registering correctly in the Pokedex.
    • Made various tweaks to code in preparation for the release of the Pokemon Birthsigns plugin.

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.1.7)

• Restructured how the Debug tools for all plugins that rely on Essentials Deluxe are implemented. They will now all be grouped together in their own "Deluxe" menu.
    • Added new functionality that allows Essentials Deluxe to detect if any supplementary plugin that relies on it (such as ZUD) is out of date, and will now trigger an error message alerting you to update those plugins if necessary.
    • Made some additional tweaks in preparation for the release of the Pokemon Birthsigns plugin.

Here is a showcase of how the debug menu options are now sorted:
    d7aoTLS.gif

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • Something I noticed that may be worth looking into; when trying to use :effect to set Non-Single Target effects (Safeguard, etc), what'll actually happen is that it sets the effect of the relevant single target effect with the same numeric value.
    For example, Safeguard has a numeric value of 13, but so does Curse. I've noticed that when trying to set Safeguard, Curse is set instead.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Something I noticed that may be worth looking into; when trying to use :effect to set Non-Single Target effects (Safeguard, etc), what'll actually happen is that it sets the effect of the relevant single target effect with the same numeric value.
    For example, Safeguard has a numeric value of 13, but so does Curse. I've noticed that when trying to set Safeguard, Curse is set instead.

Thats because Safeguard is supposed to be set with :team, not :effect. Safeguard affects a side of the field, not a battler.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Update (v1.1.8)
    This update adds many new mechanics, so please reference the tutorial on how to utilize all of these additions to their fullest.

General
    • Fixed an issue with the POKEDEX_SHINY_FORMS and POKEDEX_SHADOW_FORMS plugin settings not properly hiding those forms in the dex in some situations when set to "false".
    • The switch settings for all of my plugins that rely on Essentials Deluxe have been moved to the Settings script of this plugin, for tidiness.
    • Updated the compiler scripts so that map_metadata.txt may have flag settings for each map altered by plugins.
    • Implemented new code that changes a battler's form if the battler should change form due to its held item being changed. This covers certain scenarios that are possible through midbattle scripting that aren't possible normally.
    • Updated the plugin to check for new updates for other plugins that depend on Essentials Deluxe, if installed.

Deluxe Battle (Midbattle - Updates)
    • Tweaked how Midbattle triggers are checked for to remove redundancy.
    • You may now use {2} in most Midbattle keys that accept strings to call the name of the battler's trainer. Using {1} will still always call the battler's name, as before.
    • The "turnCommand", "turnAttack" and "turnEnd" triggers may now be modified with "_every_#" to cause this trigger to continuously repeat every turn that is divisible by the inputted number. For example, "turnEnd_every_4" will trigger something at the end of every fourth turn.
    • The :status key used in a Midbattle hash will now properly change the battler's form if the battler should change form due to a status condition. (Shaymin)
    • The :moves key used in a Midbattle hash will now properly change the battler's form if the battler should change form due to their moveset. (Keldeo)
    • The :form key used in a Midbattle hash will no longer force the battler's moveset to be reset to its original moves when changing forms.
    • The :item key used in a Midbattle hash may now be used to remove a battler's held item when set to :Remove, or set a random item out of an array of items.
    • The :stat key used in a Midbattle hash will now properly trigger certain items upon the battler's stats being lowered. (White Herb, Eject Pack, etc.)

Deluxe Battle (Midbattle - New Additions)
    • Added the new key :ignore to be used in a Midbattle hash that may be used to ignore all keys that appear below this one in the hash after meeting the conditions of a specified Midbattle trigger. This essentially works as the inverse of the :delay key.

• Added the new key :switch to be used in a Midbattle hash that may be used to force a trainer to switch out their Pokemon, if possible. This may be set to the following:
      • Index - The trainer sends out a Pokemon that appears at the specified index of their party (an index of "0" will send out their first Pokemon, "1" is their second, etc.)
      • Species ID - The trainer sends out the first Pokemon in their party that is of the specified species (an ID of :PIKACHU will only switch to Pikachu, etc.)
      • :Choose - The trainer is able to choose which of their Pokemon to switch to.
      • :Random - The trainer chooses a random Pokemon to switch to.
      • :Forced - Functions the same as :Random, only the battle text is different to indicate that this switch wasn't by choice ("dragged out" vs "sent out").

• Added the new key :usespecial to be used in a Midbattle hash that may be used to force a Pokemon to trigger a special battle mechanic, if possible. This may be set to the following:
      • :MegaEvolution - The Pokemon is forced to Mega Evolve.
      • :ZMove - The Pokemon is forced to use a Z-Move. (ZUD)
      • :UltraBurst - The Pokemon is forced to Ultra Burst. (ZUD)
      • :Dynamax - The Pokemon is forced to Dynamax. (ZUD)
      • :StrongStyle, :AgileStyle, :BattleStyle - The Pokemon is forced to enter Strong Style, Agile Style, or a random style, respectively. (PLA Battle Styles)
      • :ZodiacPower - The Pokemon is forced to use its Zodiac Power. (Pokemon Birthsigns)
      • :Terastallize - The Pokemon is forced to Terastallize. (Terastal Phenomenon)
      • :Custom - The Pokemon is forced to use a custom battle mechanic, if one is installed.

Deluxe Battle (Rules - New Additions)
    • The "rules" hash in a Deluxe Battle script now accepts the following keys:
      • :nomega - Sets the NO_MEGA_EVOLUTION switch to true for this battle only, disabling the use of Mega Evolution.
      • :nozmove - Sets the NO_Z_MOVE switch to true for this battle only, disabling the use of Z-Moves. (ZUD)
      • :noultra - Sets the NO_ULTRA_BURST switch to true for this battle only, disabling the use of Ultra Burst. (ZUD)
      • :nodynamax - Sets the NO_DYNAMAX switch to true for this battle only, disabling the use of Dynamax. (ZUD)
      • :nostyles - Sets the NO_STYLE_MOVES switch to true for this battle only, disabling the use of Strong & Agile Styles. (PLA Battle Styles)
      • :nofocus - Sets the NO_FOCUS_MECHANIC switch to true for this battle only, disabling the use of the Focus Meter. (Focus Meter System)
      • :nozodiac - Sets the NO_ZODIAC_POWER switch to true for this battle only, disabling the use of Zodiac Powers. (Pokemon Birthsigns)
      • :notera - Sets the TERA_ITEM_ENABLED_SWITCH switch to false for this battle only, disabling the use of Terastallization. (Terastal Phenomenon)

• The "rules" hash in a Deluxe Battle script now accepts the :scripted key. This is set as its own hash that accepts the following keys:
      • :mega - Disables specified trainers from using Mega Evolution naturally, and may only trigger them in this battle if scripted to through a Midbattle hash.
      • :zmove - Disables specified trainers from using Z-Moves naturally, and may only trigger them in this battle if scripted to through a Midbattle hash.
      • :ultra - Disables specified trainers from using Ultra Burst naturally, and may only trigger them in this battle if scripted to through a Midbattle hash.
      • :dynamax - Disables specified trainers from using Dynamax naturally, and may only trigger them in this battle if scripted to through a Midbattle hash.
      • :style - Disables specified trainers from using Strong & Agile styles naturally, and may only trigger them in this battle if scripted to through a Midbattle hash.
      • :zodiac - Disables specified trainers from using Zodiac Powers naturally, and may only trigger them in this battle if scripted to through a Midbattle hash.
      • :custom - Disables specified trainers from using any installed custom mechanic naturally, and may only trigger them in this battle if scripted to through a Midbattle hash.

Each of the keys above must be set to an array which contains all of the trainers that should only utilize the specified mechanic when scripted to do so.

Last edited:

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Hi, I found a problem whenever we are in a triple battle we get the shift option but due to this plugin, it is not working. It is displaying but not actually working while pressing the key.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    https://i.imgur.com/uW8D9Zy.png I've modified these files in regards to the UI. I'm not 100% sure if any of them are relevant to the battle UI, though.

No, none of that should be relevant.

Wait, what trigger are you even using to activate this speech? I just realized that there shouldn't even really be a scenario where something is triggering while your move window is open, anyway. At least not that I can tell.

EDIT: Nvm, I see, it's "turnAttack". Yeah, I guess this happens specifically when something triggers speech when the move window is still open. I never tested that before.
    EDIT2: Ok, it's an extremely simple fix, just gotta swap two lines around. Next update will fix this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Hi, I really tried everything to make this work but I can't figure out how. I'm a massive noob.

It doesn't list the plugin when compiling. I tried recompiling and installing it on a fresh copy of essentials where only hotfixes are installed but with no success. Any idea what I did wrong?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, I really tried everything to make this work but I can't figure out how. I'm a massive noob.

It doesn't list the plugin when compiling. I tried recompiling and installing it on a fresh copy of essentials where only hotfixes are installed but with no success. Any idea what I did wrong?

If even recompiling doesn't work for some reason, then delete the PluginScripts file in the Data folder, and try again. If even that doesn't work, then the only thing it could be is that you installed the plugin incorrectly and the files are in the wrong place.

Back