• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even More Fixes and Additions to Help-14's Following Pokemon Script

Years
  • Just inputted this into my game today, and it works like a charm. I changed a few lines of code to make it work with other features of my game - the fact that there's not just Shinies most prominent among them, but also the "stolen bag" event I have programmed.

A few things, though:
    1.) When I talk to the Pokemon behind me, it will play the cry, wait for a button input, then display the message as dictated by the code. How do I get rid of the wait in the middle?
    2.) When I restart a save file or change maps - be it by walking to the connected map, going through a door, or using the Debug Menu to warp myself to a new map - the following Pokemon's sprite disappears but the event doesn't, making the Pokemon invisible. I can fix it by toggling the Pokemon following me off (a function I moved from Ctrl to S-which-the-code-calls-Y, and which I moved to the the on-field controls so it doesn't crash when used other places) and then back on, but players aren't going to think of that immediately.

Last edited:

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
    Years
  • I can't get the graphics for animations anymore also do i need to everything outline here to get this to work because i was thinking about adding this to my game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2017
    Hi guys! I really need your help. In my game i have a pokemon that has a multiple form (1) but everytime that i go from a map to another the sprite of the following pokemon change in the form 0. How can i fix it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2020
    Someone could help me ? I have a little mistake, when I finish talking to a pokemon appears this:
    ---------------------------
    Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `talk_to_pokemo' for #<DependentEvents:0x7cbd238>

***Full script:

$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemo
    n

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1600:in `eval'

Interpreter:1600:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1600:in `command_355'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\chris_000\Saved Games/Pokemon Roca Maxima/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • EDIT: Fixed my error from before, but now I have a new one. I keep getting the bug fix error where I need to replace Animations file. I do it but it only works once. After I open it a second time, the error happens again, and I need to keep replacing.

EDIT2: Think I fixed the error above but now getting this while walking around. It happens randomly.
    http://pastebin.com/rcFDmtvT

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2015
    I can not, I need to do a conditional branch , but I do not know what that is , could you help me?

Bro you need to learn RPG Maker before learning Essentials. It's on the events pages. Seriously go learn how RMXP works first or you'll come asking how to do a simple switch and everybody will hate you for it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2019
    Toggling on and off Following Pokemon?

This is probably somewhere obvious but, how do I toggle on and of the Following Pokémon script without using $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.remove_sprite(true)?

Help you be much appreciated. :)

Years
  • You are wanting to make the event stop following you, not toggle them off. The toggle just hides the sprite, but the dependent event remains. Correct?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    i have some problem. when all pokemon dead and switch starting over is on. it's back to PC and heal all pokemon, but not show follow pokemon. i need to create another clear event and use script pbPokemonFollow(x) to show it. how to fix it normal?
    sorry about my bad english and thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    How do I put the script Following and Elite Battle together? why the two error

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
    Years
  • Problem with pokemon follow script

Hello, i have just implemented Rayd12smitty pokemon follow script update and everything runs fine, but now i cant get any items here is the error

Pokemon Titaium
    Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 9, map 176 (A's Room):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section094:2174:in `pbItemBall'undefined method `pbMessageBlack' for Kernel:Module

***Full script:

Kernel.pbItemBall(PBItems::RARECANDY)

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

OK

if i cant get some help on what to do, i've looked at all my script and code and cant seem to see anything wrong,

Years
  • Guys when a Pokémon evolve, the follower sprite doesnt change immediatly, i have to press ctrl. Is there a way to make it change automatically? Sorry for my english.

Years
  • In line 187 of the script 'Following Pokemon', I have this:
    Spoiler:

Upon play testing the game, I get this error, and I get it at the time when the Main Menu is supposed to appear usually.
    Spoiler:

I did not change anything in the script, and if I did, I changed it back. 100% sure of that.

Years
  • In line 187 of the script 'Following Pokemon', I have this:
    Spoiler:

Upon play testing the game, I get this error, and I get it at the time when the Main Menu is supposed to appear usually.
    Spoiler:

I did not change anything in the script, and if I did, I changed it back. 100% sure of that.

NEVER MIND EVERYONE. Thread Tools at upper righthand corner of thread --> Printable version should have the correct format.

Years
  • Okay, I have solved one problem, but now, upon starting up the game, I get this:
    Spoiler:

As you can see, the character sprite for Red is not appearing. Attempting to activate following Pokemon gives me this:
    Spoiler:

And attempting to open the menu gives me this:
    Spoiler:

I have barely ever scripted, so I'm not sure how to solve this problem. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back