• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Event Glitch in the Mystery Gift

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
Years
  • Found this on Facebook. And yes, it's legit. I checked and got it. So, hurry and do it. This thing has Contrary as an ability, meaning that stat changes will have the opposite effect. And this thing has Leaf Storm.

10868131_401203803379456_1541253375567467157_n.png

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I already got a Contrary Snivy from Wonder Trade a day after this Serperior was released in Japan.

I was surprised to get notified by this 'bug' from a friend, so I decided to download it for the heck of it. xD

A question though... Can we only obtain that Serperior in our ORAS games and not on XY games?
    ( I'm kinda collecting Mystery Gift Cards in my album for memories :3 )

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    A question though... Can we only obtain that Serperior in our ORAS games and not on XY games?

I just tried it to answer your question.
    It does not work, it says this game card cannot receive this code.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    It works in the UK too!

This is from Serebii.

For those of you with the European/Australian Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games, the latest event has officially begun. This event offers a Serperior with its Hidden Ability of Contrary, which was available in Japan previously.

I'm guessing UK copies count as European (idk?), so I think you're supposed to be able to get it.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Too bad it doesn't work with the other 2 starters. But hey, I'm only aiming for the Serperior in this event lol.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    How is this obtained? I don't see a way to enter the code in Mystery Gift.

EDIT: Never mind, it's the serial code area, figured it out. Just leave last six characters blank, they populate with 0s.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    This is from Serebii.

I'm guessing UK copies count as European (idk?), so I think you're supposed to be able to get it.

Huh, I did not know that. Bulbanews made no mention of it being available in Region 2.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Why is this an "Event glitch"? Serebii shows that it's legitimately available in North America and Europe since yesterday and Emboar will be available Jan 29 and Samurott on Feb 5

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The real problem is whether or not this would count as a hacked Pokémon, because as much as I want to try it out to obtain my Contrary Serperior, I'm worried about the outcomes when used at official tournaments.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Its a freely given pokemon offically provided by nintendo, its not glitched or hacked or anything else.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • The real problem is whether or not this would count as a hacked Pokémon, because as much as I want to try it out to obtain my Contrary Serperior, I'm worried about the outcomes when used at official tournaments.

Its not hacked, why would a hacker hack into Nintendo's own servers just to give the world a unique pokemon. That sounds pretty stupid really, most hackers make it so their hacked pokemon is theirs own (Unless this hacker was generous and seeming to share the love of Pokemon, which is a 50/50 say). Also, from looking at various sources, its a legitimate gift pokemon.

I have both versions of OR/AS and I got it twice and this is what I can say of it from quick glances. One, the nature is random since my OR is gentle and my AS is Sassy. OR is a boy, AS is a girl (lol) and its attacks are as the following.

1) Leaf Storm
    2) Hold Back
    3) Wring Out
    4) Giga Drain

Over all, both of my Serperiors have very great Sp.Def and Speed so, I know what I am going to be doing when breeding.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The only concern I have, since I hurried to get them upon reading it might be a glitch, is that the Power Saves entry might have the same date if it's not already in there. I should check if the software already has it; if so, chances are they got a Japan version. No way I'm replacing my valid one with that one, however.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I've googled this and reports don't indicate that it's a glitch:
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/three-stars-of-unova/
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/pokemon-om...ock-contrary-serperior-7-handy-pokemon-619506

I got my Contrary Serperior about an hour ago and Emboar and Samurotte are on the way. Interesting how all three will supposedly be available almost all year ( through November 30th which happens to be my birthday). That's quite a long time. I'd assumed it a typo the first time I'd read it but when it appeared in another source as 'November' not just 11 as in the first that seemed like pretty solid clarification.

I'm excited for Reckless Emboar.

Back