• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discussion Event Organization

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How will events be run?

Will people brainstorm ideas for events, you gather the best, and then you present a list and let people volunteer for hosting them?

Or do you let people sign up with events, so that the one coming up with the idea is the one who gets to host it?

I think the latter way makes sense, as then you?ll be sure each events gets cared for. You could still have a brainstorm thread too for ideas people don?t want to host themselves, and let people snatch orphaned ideas from there and sign up with them in the proper way :)

What do you think? How has it been in the past?

When should event planning towards the public begin, also?

Years
  • How will events be run?

Will people brainstorm ideas for events, you gather the best, and then you present a list and let people volunteer for hosting them?

Or do you let people sign up with events, so that the one coming up with the idea is the one who gets to host it?

I think the latter way makes sense, as then you?ll be sure each events gets cared for. You could still have a brainstorm thread too for ideas people don?t want to host themselves, and let people snatch orphaned ideas from there and sign up with them in the proper way :)

What do you think? How has it been in the past?

When should event planning towards the public begin, also?

Makes sense to me, run a thread for events people want to run themselves as well as one for events people would like to see but aren't able to run themselves.

I don't think we should open planning to the public until we know the specifics of how the GT is running with the theme and all that. We could probably open up the event idea threads fairly soon though.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I second Gimme. A simple thread for events people want to run / see and a little more time to organize things before making it public.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I don't see any problems with that, I'm all for it!

Years
  • also for gimme's idea. fairly sure this is how past GTs were done anyway -- just opening a thread to see who's interesting in running events would be fine.

Back