• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever feel like a nerd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • I don't study. Nerds study. I like to read, though, but that makes me a bookworm, and not a nerd.

I'm a geek, though.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • xD, well, I do go to the best school in my state, so sometimes, yes. But if you just took a look at me, you wouldn't think that I was. =P

As for anything Pokemon related.... >_>. In 7th grade, we were in computer lab. I was on PC and my email which sends all my PC email. I get of for a quick second to use the bathroom, then I come back seeing one of my friends announcing every PC email in my Inbox. >_> That was when I felt like a real nerd. =''(

Years
  • Sometimes I guess, if you and your friend ever get into a Pokemon chat, and someone else is around you, a cool person in your school, listens as your friend and yours conversation. Then, he makes fun of you, this never personally happened to me, and I hope it never will, do you ever feel like a nerd when you chat about Pokemon with a friend? I surely don't, I play sports. I'm on a private local Basketball and Football team.

I have that happen in 9th grade, minus the person picking on me.

Yes, because I am smart for my age.

Smart =/= nerd. There are people who are generally smart, then there are nerds [people who are uber-smart in certain subjects].

Anyways, I've always been a bookworm and a gamer, even though the bookworm part doesn't exist anymore due to me having the internet. I still read alot regardless. After all, there's not much of a difference...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I am a moderator on a Pokemon forums who likes to take apart computers and design websites for fun. Yes, yes I am.

It doesn't stop me from being smooth with the ladies.. or playing for my school football team.. or still being able to hang out with the cool crowd.

On second thought, I'm not a nerd. I'm me.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I am a moderator on a Pokemon forums who likes to take apart computers and design websites for fun. Yes, yes I am.

It doesn't stop me from being smooth with the ladies.. or playing for my school football team.. or still being able to hang out with the cool crowd.

On second thought, I'm not a nerd. I'm me.

^^This. Pretty much, this is me.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • A bit whenever I discuss Pokemon with nerds (I hate to use that word...).
    But when one of my friends is like, "Pokemon is gay"
    I tell them, "Pokemon is amazing. If you don't like it, I will happily beat you *enter bad word for butt here*."
    That shut's them up, then I feel like a cool nerd B)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I generally avoid the nerdier topics around people. But yes, I occasionally feel nerdy when I play HeartGold or any nerdier game, but then I remember that I don't care what anyone thinks. :)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • My opinion varies at time. Whenever I talk about Pokemon, gaming, Graphic Designing, etc., it makes look like I'm just one of the many geeky Asian kids at my school. I don't feel ashamed, because my friends accept me for the way I am. At other times, my friends would joke about me being a geek. It's okay, though, because I am laughing all the way.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Well, I love playing videogames, I like to read, I'm smart for my age, and I love technology, so I do consider myself a nerd.

Most of my friends don't, and I don't blame them, considering I'm not always nerdy and I also do things that people here consider cool.

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
  • I suppose I would definately be what society considers a "nerd". I love Pokemon and wished they were real, my room is filled to the brim with manga and plushies, and I enjoy looking at fanart and reading fanfictions. =) It's cool, though. I don't care what people perceive me as. I am simply myself, and I don't plan on changing anytime soon. xD

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yes but I'm one hellova cool nerd at my school. I play games that people consider kiddy for my age, they arnt really xD, and I still like to whip out my yugiph cards to duel. Educational wise is the same way. I'm nerdy and like to the best I can on a test project you name it. To me if you do what you love no one has the right to say its "nerdy" and "lame"...personally I would A. Tell that person off B. Wave my so called nerdy object in there or C. Tell them that what they do is nerdy, but that's just me and my personality n_n

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm a nerd and I'm not afraid to show it. If people don't like it, I don't care :/ They can like their football and purple drank for all I care. It's good that once you hit my age, people around here are mature enough to respect the things you like.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'm a nerd and I'm not afraid to show it. If people don't like it, I don't care :/ They can like their football and purple drank for all I care. It's good that once you hit my age, people around here are mature enough to respect the things you like.

Hee hee, purpldrank.

I'm not particularly athletic, but I still fit more as a "cool nerd", like everyone's mentioning.

See? I'm agreeing with the cool kids, and that makes me cool. (b' ')b

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • No, but I do feel like a nerd all the time otherwise, since i'm good at english (VERY unsual when you're 13 years old and from Norway..), I get good grades, and I spend most of my time at the computer.

I do this because I want a good job, a good education and because I hate being outside, since it's always boring as hell and effing cold (most of the year) (or I have to spend time with an annoying friend of mine who always hits/kicks me for god knows what reason -.-)

I like going outside during the summer, but norwegian winters? BLEHH. I can't believe some people say "I like snow." But that's just me..

RocketExec.

Gleek♫
    Years
  • Pahaaa!! My friend is always embarressed and won't talk about pokemon in school, even though LOADS of people play it!! He says I get my Pokewalker out too often as well ¬_¬

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Pahaaa!! My friend is always embarressed and won't talk about pokemon in school, even though LOADS of people play it!! He says I get my Pokewalker out too often as well ¬_¬

Would that make him an un-nerd?

Years
  • I usually don't play Pokemon a lot, but I do visit here almost every day, 10-20 times. So...
    I could consider myself a geek, but I played Basketball and Football all through school. And I still play, on local teams. But, everyone who posted that they were a nerd and were sad about it, just think of it this way, you're a nerd because you're smart right? Playing Pokemon doesn't make you a nerd. When you get into you're 30's, all of those people who did call you a nerd, are going to be working for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back