• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

evil teams: memorable things

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    So for each "evil" team- Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, etc etc- what was memorable about them? Could be like, their hideouts or an encounter with them or just a line of dialogue- what kind of stuff stuck out for you? Could be from the games, anime, manga, what the heck ever idc just. What grabbed your attention?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    im gonna beat everyone else to the punch and say that team skull trying to steal a bus sign really... really solidified my impression of them lmao it was so good

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Going with Team Skull as well when during our first encounter with the group, they complained about our character and Ilima not paying attention to them. I actually laughed so hard at that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    YEAH they were making impressions right off the bat weren't they! I honestly have never read each line of grunt dialogue more closely than I have with Skull haha

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jan 4, 2017
    Before Sun and Moon I would say Team Galactic, because I grew up playing Platinum and I just like them. 2nd would either have to be Aqua (because I played Sapphire) or Plasma (they were interesting to me when I first saw them when I was 11 or 12.). But now because of Sun and Moon, I freakin love Team Skull. They're so silly and remind me of Team Rocket. And also they tried to steal a bus stop lmao.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    so another thing that was super memorable to me was team galactic's bombing of the lake? especially in the manga, that horror and intensity was so striking

blue

gucci
    Years
    hyuck hyuck hyuck guy from gsc.

evil teams: memorable things

Years
    Gonna post in a format like Angelica over there.

Team Rocket - These guys were pretty much your typical Mafia-style team, and since I didn't play any games mainly set in Kanto I can't give much of an opinion but I can get their wide appeal in the fanbase.

Team Magma/Aqua - I'm putting them in the same slot since their plots are pretty much the same. I used to think their goals didn't make sense at first, but with climate change now being a thing it does make me want to relate them to that. Having huge improvement in OR/AS helps as well.

Team Galactic - I feel this team was a joke except for Cyrus who wanted to create his own universe. Like Angelica said, he still ranted how he wanted his own universe even while he had been stuck in Distortion World.

Team Plasma - My faves for a reason. These guys have interesting development in the time between BW and B2W2, with some members following N and others following Ghetsis. N split from Team Plasma in B2W2 and this was shown when the grunts that stayed and followed Ghetsis started donning new uniforms. Ghetsis is also well-remembered for being a true evil guy.

Team Flare - The team everyone loves to hate, but there's one thing I'll remember for them and that's a plot to eliminate anyone not associated with them, along with Lysandre being the cruel mind he is. Their plot is essentially genocide and I'd praise it for Pokemon daring to do something so dark.

Team Skull - Those guys surely have fashion sense, even if they ended up being disbanded in a similar fashion to Team Rocket. Finding out they were working for the Aether Foundation was a real twist in itself.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    TR: Jessie, James and Meowth. I played Yellow version first so they were even there for me.

Magma/Aqua: silly getups.

Galactic: I haven't played Platinum yet! But I got a cartridge for Christmas so I will soon c:

Plasma: They seemed more interesting and deep than the previous clearly "evil" teams. Also they had a king.

Flare: who were these guys again? and whyy

Skull: So cute and funny tbh. Ever since the demo, they were just too silly to be evil.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    Team Rocket: These one were probably the most believable and the less cartoonish
    Team Aqua: Pirates who's leader needs a serious explanation on the water cycle
    (Skip DP and BW)
    Team Flare: Okay, these suits got me laughing. There's no way they can get more ridiculous.
    Team Skull: I stand corrected
    I'm still laughing about those Team Skull Grunts and the rapping Spinda that are so broke that heal your Pokemon for 10 pokedollars, despite clearly being the enemy. Preschooler give like 15$, meaning they'll betray their team for less than a child's pocket money.
    Or the grunt in Aether Foundation that goes "Nope! I just saw you beat two of my friends. I ain't challenging you"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    pfft how could I forget the Po Town Pokémon center? Or... just all of Po Town honestly Team Skull is bae <3

Back