• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Expanding the Pokédex into Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 20, 2019
I need help!. My game shows the start and then reboot, only shows the part that says "pokemon 2002 - 2003 and then reboot. Anyone knows why is that?, or may i have to put more than four bytes between all the codes?.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
So it is said in step 4, there are parts about national dex, hoenn dex (pokedex) and hoenn dex (summary). What does "desired new slots of Pokemon" mean? Does it mean you insert them all, or respectively? Let's say I want 600 slot for national dex and 200 slot for regional dex, does it mean I have to count all slots in part 1-3 as 600, or I count national dex 600 slots, hoenn dex pokedex 200 slots, and hoenn dex 200 slots respectively as "desired new slots of Pokemon"? thank you

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 20, 2019
YES! i finish this!!!. Now i have 1096 slots of pokemon to add; my own creations + all VI generation pokemon + megaevos. I'm so exited ^^. Thanks for the guide, i have some errors but i figure out, and now i expanded to my desired amount of pokemon slots....Now to add 2 more types and more attacks...God blessme xD

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Hello!

First great job for this tuto :)

Two i have a little question (stupid maybe) Is it possible to reduce the size of the pokedex

Thanks ans sorry for my english

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I have a problem with Step 1: after the intro Copyrights the screen simply stays black forever. I think it's JPAN's Save Block Hack.
I'm not using a US ROM so I'd like to know if the Save Block Hack must be "fixed" for other ROMs to work or it's "universal".

Thanks!

Years
Expansion - including pokemon animations.

Hey, I see the current method of disabling animations is, ahhh, of poor quality. Instead, I offer a better solution. Keep animations of pokemon up to certain index, so for example gen1-3 pokemon animate, while the added ones don't.
Code:
Spoiler:

Hooks:
Spoiler:

Even if you want to disable animations for ALL pokemon, this solution is better than the one in OP. Just set the max species to 0 and you'll have the same effect.

Years
Double post. First, my above method corrupts sound in poke summary screen. But never mind that.
The current way of expanding pokemon(aka the one in the OP) is glitchy. What I mean is it messes up with data it shouldn't on a wrong assumption it's related to pokedex. I may fix that in the future, but for the time being expect unexpected behaviour that may and probably will happen at some point.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
I thnk this method is working perfectly, isnt it???
I am planning to make pokemon expansion in emerald in my tool...(because no tool yet has this feature for emerald)
So just wanted to confirm this whole process first :)

Years
I thnk this method is working perfectly, isnt it???
I am planning to make pokemon expansion in emerald in my tool...(because no tool yet has this feature for emerald)
So just wanted to confirm this whole process first :)

No. It's extremely buggy, I advise anyone to NOT use this and use the method in my signature instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back