• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Express Game Maker

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Private beta, you can sign up. They send invites every week.
    I think they're skipping beta all together.. And just going to release it.

Oh, it may have double screens by default(for those nds styled poke games)

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    This looks really cool, but what would make it really awesome is if it could make the games for the ipod touch. :p

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    A game engine that's easy for noobs to use, has an f-ton of features that other engines may not, and can make any kind of game?

SIGN ME UP.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    is this part of the "Game Maker" series or on it's own? the website wont open on my computer so i cant tell much about this. how much will it cost when comes out?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • So, does this have slight 3d support, or at least the ability to add it? (When I say slight, I mean up to par with the DS games)

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Express Game Maker will go public on October 1st.
    Be apart of the public Beta Testing!

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • Sounds good, but will I be able to use my RMXP Pokemon Sprites on it or will I have to get all new sprites again?

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
    Years
  • There is a slight problem, some people that cannot script very good or have no idea how to make the basics for a game will be clueless because no staterkit... its also a good thing cuz maybe they learn to script. Unless your lready working on a starterkit.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Sounds good, but will I be able to use my RMXP Pokemon Sprites on it or will I have to get all new sprites again?

With some work you can probably get them to work.

There is a slight problem, some people that cannot script very good or have no idea how to make the basics for a game will be clueless because no staterkit... its also a good thing cuz maybe they learn to script. Unless your lready working on a starterkit.

This probably won't be for people who want to make Pokemon games, at least not for some time.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Making a pokemon game in EGM will somewhat be a challenge, but to be honest it's really not all that hard. If you know basic math it's easy.

Any sprite format is accept, it's like game maker a bit(well accept the animator is different)
    The mapping in EGM is really nice^^

minime010

All food belongs to me.
    Years
  • I have no knoledge of game developing, cause I got outta hacking to start it just a few days ago. I have to say this looks very easy to use and its something I would love. Thanks for bringing this up!

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
  • This sounds very interesting I only have one question though, Will there be unlimited layering or limited layering like Rmxp?

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    This sounds very interesting I only have one question though, Will there be unlimited layering or limited layering like Rmxp?

Yes it's unlimited amount of layers from what I can gather using it, however if you don't set the game up properly then you can't do testing as the player just crashes.

Back