• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Facial Hair, Attractive or Not?

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    I really wish I could grow full beard, whether it be a huge lumberjack beard or a shorter hipster folk-punk beard.

Or one like Brent Hinds.
    Facial Hair, Attractive or Not?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Looks better or worse on some people than others, but like scalpal hair it doesn't generally sway me beyond indifference.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I really can't stand facial hair on myself or anybody else. I shave daily because if I start to see facial hair growing I'm like "ARGH GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME!"

Anything beyond slight stubble is, in my opinion, incredibly unattractive and needs to be taken care of immediately. It just looks dirty. I hate beards, moustaches, goatees, the lot. And one of my pet peeves is when teenagers or people in their twenties grow beards just because they can now and want to look older or more mature. That is so obnoxious, and it doesn't work.

As to sideburns, that depends. I don't think long sideburns look good on anybody, but short ones can be OK. I keep my sideburns rather short, and they never really bother me. But I never really notice sideburns on other people unless they're designed to be noticed... which is also something I hate lol.

Years
    I usually grow my facial hair out because I can't be bothered to shave. People IRL tend to think my beard looks good but on the internet not so much lol. As far as other people go, it depends on the individual. Some people pull facial hair off very well and others not really.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    At the high school I went to, you weren't allowed to have any facial hair. If caught, they'd give you a razor and shaving cream and you had to go the bathroom to shave. What sucked is they give you a crappy razor and really bad shaving cream so I'd easily cut my face. So all throughout high school I hated shaving/facial hair. Which is probably why I have a goatee now. I think it depends on the person. Personally I think I look better with a goatee than with no facial hair.

Ayselipera

I like both facial hair on guys and a clean shave. Both are pretty attractive in their own way imo. I just think it looks silly if a guy grows it out and doesn't have a full beard yet so gets that patchy look or of course neck beards are a no. Only other thing I can think of that I don't like is when a guy gets a full on thin outline of his face in facial hair. Just uhgug shave it off or grow it all in.

I think it's best as stubble personally or a really short beard. Like so short that you can't grab the hair with your hands, but it fully covers the skin.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Facial hair? On me? Hah.
    Hah.
    HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA no
    I don't look good at all with facial hair; the one time I tried to grow a mustache I looked like I was ready to say "It'sa me, Mario!" any second. I just don't work well with facial hair, it doesn't like me, I don't like it.

Last edited:

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    I love facial hair. Usually just stubble or trimmed is great, I don't really like huge beards or anything. I myself have had facial hair since I was about 16? I don't really remember. It's only getting more and more, and I don't mind that I have to shave once in a while.

Years
    No facial hair for me, it makes me feel weird.

You will never see Hikari10 fall in love with guys who have facial hair.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    When a guy has a beard that's tame and trimmed and nice, I'm cool with that. When it turns into this full-out lumberjack homeless Santa Claus terrorist beard, then I'm turned right off. Not into mustaches or big lamb chop sideburns, either. Either keep it short and clean or none at all.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I hate facial hair. My brother and dad have mustaches. My brother's mustache especially makes him look like a child predator. I like to keep my facial hair completely gone, but it's an uphill battle :/ My stubble grows back so quickly it's ridiculous...

Naturally, I wouldn't want facial hair on my partner.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    Thanks for everyone posting!
    So what I've gathered is that most people arent fans of big awesome beards and prefer little tame beards?
    Personally I'm to lazy to shave all the time so usually have a short beard and moustache growing in, and it grows back so fast I don't see a point in shaving unless I'm going out.

Years
    For me, it really just depends on the person and the amount of facial hair. It's not a general yes/no question, but something I treat on a case by case basis. I like a good-looking beard. Other people like my little bro who can only grow neckbeards? ick. I should get him a razor for his birthday.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I guess I have to like facial hair, since my entire male's side of the family are all profusely hairy so we have to work hard to maintain our facial hair, etc. etc. I don't like having it, and some kids at my school make fun of it, and it's just a no for me. Even though I have to. Contradiction?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I tend to be very observant, and notice small details. I'm a very clean person....and also notice how people are by facial hair, so:

Facial Hair + Me = No no

Facial Hair + Another Person = No no

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Just saying, but if I see a girl with a beard, I run away. Very fast.

Back