• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Orgy? There's no orgy in my contract! My agent has made it very clear that I will only pose nude if I think it is in good taste!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Hiiiii, kiddies! Guess who's back from the mean ol' military for good? =D

Not that most of you wouldn't know that already since I've been repeating it all over the place, but still...it's good to be back. :3

The "official" FanFiction Lounge Orgy post.

Kick arse. :D

Jaxxxy (three x') x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest x parody one-shot x John Paul x Andy x Angel x Grovyle (Griff) x Golden Riolu x ONIONS x Anon! x Burnt Flower x kc x Duncan x PeachyBoy

This will be updated whenever.

Orgy? Excuse me, but I must join Griff on the objectors' front here. My contract quite clearly states that I shall not participate in any such acts unless they are perpetrated in a manner which is socially inappropriate, morally reprehensible, banned by 4kids, and completely devoid of even the faintest semblance of good taste-

*Pauses to look at list*

...upon closer inspection, I find that this orgy of yours meets my standards quite nicely. I'll bring the whipped cream this time around, shall I? xD

Have you ever used/planned to use real life terms, such as "old school" words to help bring out a characters personality?

Oh yeah, I have fake accents and peculiar vocabularies galore in my past writing, including one character of European origin who's gone so far in her attempt at faking a Japanese nationality that she even goes under a pretend name. Basically only because she's an annoying little kid who thinks Japanese stuff is cool. XD

So yes, I've done this...a lot, and will probably continue to do so. x3

When it comes to reality in fanfics, such as attitude, are your characters ever too blunt with any other characters?

Yeah, I think I've gone through quite a few of these too, as I do love my blunt, snarky, witchy characters almost as much as the smooth, disturbed, manipulative ones. A bit too much, actually, so I've been making a point of doing some more positive ones to balance out the horde of psychopaths and deadpan snarkers hanging around the place.

Oh, and for my amusement, a small philosophical question:

If all the fictional characters you had ever created were on the verge of being erased from existence, and you could only save one; which character would it be and why?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    If all the fictional characters you had ever created were on the verge of being erased from existence, and you could only save one; which character would it be and why?

Well, it would be Steven. ._. Seeing as he was my first ever character, and just holds that special place in my he-- *shot* He was the protagonist in one of my fics that actually did well. So yeah, without a doubt in my mind, it would be the hero... Steven. I don't have many characters to throw into that boiling pot though. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Ah. That's what I love about using canon characters. :D

So all you with OC's...have fun!! x3

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
    Years

Oh, damn...that's a hard question. I'm very fond of the protagonists in all of my one-shots like Michelle, the little girl who went insane after seeing her mother's corpse in A Life's Worth, or Agnes, the soldier whose craving for raw meat turns into full-fledged cannibalism in Contaminated Freedom.

But...I think I'd save Claire, one of the main characters in my fic Maggots of Society. She is just so delightfully psychopathic and I have a blast when I write her scenes. XD

Bay

Years
    BeachBoy, you were intersted in this orgy after I want my sig to be check, huh? :P

Man, though one. I love all the characters I did in all of my stories, but if that were to be...Bunny. I just had so much freaking fun writing about her and also slowly develop her as a character. Not to mention I love her reaction to nicknames like "Bun-Bun." XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Have you ever used/planned to use real life terms, such as "old school" words to help bring out a characters personality?

Only once, and that was stealing from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Making my not-yet-named character say hot dang, Hell's bells and Aw, shuddup, you really brought his personality out.

That's a hard one. It really is. For once, I'm thinking about my answer. Hm, it's a tie between Noah Fowl in Operation Main Frame and my not-yet-named character in The Fiery Authority. There personalities are amazing, Noah's cool under pressure and the not-yet-named character uses phrases from the 1880s and doesn't have a name, what more do you want?

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
    Years
    How can anyone have doubts about the orgy? The standards are almost too high. For me, anyway. XD And come on, Griff. Forget your agent and come on. :D

Ouch. Making me choose? You're supposed to stay unattached to your characters, to keep everything unbiased. Seeing as I've killed off so many...well, I've always liked Dusek's character. He's been developed so much throughout it all, especially in LoS. There's also one other character I really like, but he's not been officially introduced yet so I won't say anything about him.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years

Oh that's easy, I'd save Lilith from my last fic. I loved every second of writing her character and even put a little of her in one of my new characters.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Actually, a topic that was raised on another forum I frequent that I won't post the link to because that'd be mindless advertising got me thinking, and I'm pretty sure it's been answered already, but I don't care, I'm asking it again.

Have you ever had Writer's Block, and, if so, what did you do to overcome it?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years

OH boy, I've come face to face with the dreaded Writer's Block many times before and it has taken many of my fics down with it. I generally get over it by reading my reviews over and over again. It may sound like an odd method but when I do it I keep telling myself that people actually like my fic and take time out of their day to both read and comment on it, so I shouldn't keep them waiting. Of course, this won't work if you have no helpful reviews.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016

Oh man is that a tough question. I love all my characters. Their like my children. But if I had to save one, I think it would probably be Pearl. Diamond and Dawn most likely would be erased from existence together, the little love birds. Besides, Diamond would be too stubborn to allow his best friend to be erased.

Surprisingly I haven't hit the Writer's Block wall yet and I've written 50 chapters of my fic. I don't know what's wrong with me, dudes.

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
    Years

I hit a VERY bad Writer's Block during my fic Two of a Kind and I didn't write for years. o_o It wasn't until there was a Tragedy Contest in SPPF, that I finally managed to force myself to write and the result was my one-shot Welcome to the Internet. My current fic also helped me greatly since I actually enjoy writing it. :3

Lash

Years

olawd, I get that stuff like half the time. To overcome it, my friends (mainly the TK and Gummy) threaten to take away my eating and breathing privileges, which, surprisingly enough, works. Along with that, whatever Avenged Sevenfold CD I am listening to gets me to writing with the inspirational song, which usually has acoustic guitars.

As a writer, would you prefer to exceed your own limitations, or stay within them?

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
    I've always been wondering; how come so many people want to rp with wolves, yet I've rarely seen a story of them? Which is why I'm going to attempt one. So I ask you another question. Would too much information on how wolves actually hunt, mate, fight and so on detract from the overall story, or would it make it more realistic?

Oh, and information on how other animals actually act... Like owls... Snowy owls, however much people like them, do not actually live all their lives in a forest. They are nomadic and their colour draws too much attention to themselves when they are hunting to be a forest bird. Also, the females are actually supposed to have black barring on their feathers. However, who here has even heard of a barred owl?

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016

olawd, I get that stuff like half the time. To overcome it, my friends (mainly the TK and Gummy) threaten to take away my eating and breathing privileges, which, surprisingly enough, works. Along with that, whatever Avenged Sevenfold CD I am listening to gets me to writing with the inspirational song, which usually has acoustic guitars.

As a writer, would you prefer to exceed your own limitations, or stay within them?

Yeah, you better write or I'm taking away the breathing for the night, ya hear, punk? xD. Seriously. I'm ready to beta any time dude.

Bay

Years

I did with the original version of "Nothing, Everything," stuck on what should happen next. Eventually though, I thought over many things and then I began a rewrite.

On my other stories, I would usually take a couple days break and then I start writing again after thinking what I want to happen next.

I like to exceed my own limitations. I would always experiement new ways on how to write, mainly how I want to convey the tone and emotions each chapter.

Also, nothing wrong with you, TurtleKing. That means you're on a writing streak. Keep it going. ;D

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    It's about time I started posting in the Writer's Lounge here... Well, seems like a fun way to defeat some of my evil Writer's Block...

I really can't be sure! It's a pretty depressing question... But, I think I mwould perhaps just pick a random one and start anew from there. Any character in existence can be built on to come up with new ideas, so... yeah! But I'd first make a list of characters I enjoy writing about and pick from them. No use in writing about something you don't like very much!

I wait it out. I may review some fics and read some others, but most of the time I just have to suffer through it and simply not write for a while. If I force myself to write, then the result is... well, let's just say it's not pretty...

I'm a rather slow-progress writer. It isn't often that I try something different, and when I do I think about it for a while, wondering how and if I'll be able to pull it off. Sure, I like to better my writing, but I prefer a soft, easy pace rather than trying to overdo everything and eventually messing up.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years

I start writing again. I open word and let whatever I have in my mind out. Some good ideas can come out of that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Well, I...umm...am currently...I'll get back to you on that! ^^;

Why stay within when you can go much farther?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back