• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
To write, dark fic comes almost naturally to me. It feels like a lot of the time, when I set out to write something longer than a chapter, someone gets killed. When it comes to one-shots, I tend to like crack the most, but I dapple a little in romance. Or smut. Because I'm like that. Really, I don't know. Usually, it's because it's the mood I'm in when I write. Or because I have a really strange imagination.

I know... There is something strangely attractive about writing about suicide. I got this idea for a one shot from a song and something I was reading.

I mean, I love Romance much more and the levels around it. Mood is important ;)

P.S. Sorry that their aren't tiny Pachirisu living in my tree Pokemon...
That would be kind of cool. Like a Pokemon Metrenome... lol

Did you get to read the message I sent you?
I can understand if you don't have anything in response to say.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I know... There is something strangely attractive about writing about suicide.

Oh, not so much suicide as it is homicide. Or "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to kill you."

I got this idea for a one shot from a song and something I was reading.

Oh? What idea's that? o.o

P.S. Sorry that their aren't tiny Pachirisu living in my tree Pokemon...
That would be kind of cool. Like a Pokemon Metrenome... lol

Oh yes. Or really inconvenient. "Hold on. Spearow's trying to build a nest in my Pokemon. No, uh, in my Pokemon. Yes."

Did you get to read the message I sent you?

Responded to it after. Sorry about that.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
I mean, I love Romance much more and the levels around it. Mood is important ;)

I may add romance to mine, but if I do, I want it to be different. Not have the two who travel fall for each other but maybe, other ways, I still don't know. It would be a nice twist in my story but I still don't know where or how.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
I may add romance to mine, but if I do, I want it to be different. Not have the two who travel fall for each other but maybe, other ways, I still don't know. It would be a nice twist in my story but I still don't know where or how.

I don't know... Depends on how you work it.
If you are good at writing romance, then yes.
Especially by fitting in teenage "bursts" of passion.
Like if they were "together" or for sure had feelings for each other, an example would be the guy pushing the girl against a wall and kissing her.

I'm feeling drained. Everything seemed to be going well with my story and stupid Team Galactic had to go and mess things up.

I need an angle for their evil plans this time but I can't think of one that fits my plot to the end. All the ones so far seem to choppy with little explanation.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
I don't know... Depends on how you work it.
If you are good at writing romance, then yes.
Especially by fitting in teenage "bursts" of passion.
Like if they were "together" or for sure had feelings for each other, an example would be the guy pushing the girl against a wall and kissing her.

I'm feeling drained. Everything seemed to be going well with my story and stupid Team Galactic had to go and mess things up.

I need an angle for their evil plans this time but I can't think of one that fits my plot to the end. All the ones so far seem to choppy with little explanation.

Well, I think I could be good at it because romance is something I can express pretty well. I've just really never written it fanfic form.

Hmm...well, if I know what you were aiming with your story, I could throw in suggestions, but I don't know what is going on. Knowing me, you probably have and I've missed it XD

bobandbill

one more time
Years
What is your favorite genre to write about? Read about? Why?

(This question is also awfully familar... oh well).
For both its the comedy genre, hands down. I quite liked to try and make readers laugh, entertain them with my attempts at comedy, and as a result I too like to be entertained. Although in reading I like various other genres as well (although not the biggest fan of angst fics...).

Bay

Years
I love writing mystery and parables. Mysteries because I love to have my readers keep guessing and parables because I love to bring out a message for them to learn.

As for reading, anything with police/FBI/CIA. Seriously, I'm quite interested on how they work, both the good and the bad. XD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Comedy wipes the floor with everybody, hands down, hands tied behind its back.
That didn't make much sense, hey?

Anyway, I just like laughing as well as seeing others laugh (although with a fanfic, you don't really see them laugh, more their actions talk. I like to entertain and to be entertained, although it doesn't always work out... *cough* a few dozen pages back *cough*
Other fics are good too, I like journey fics... Romance isn't too bad but...darkfics don't really fit with me... Still, I'll read anything if it's good!

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years

I like fantasy and sci-fi best, and when it comes to Pokémon fanfiction, I read almost exclusively OT or pokécentric 'fic, usually of the darkfic, action/adventure, comedy, journey, or introspective persuasion. Some AU's can be cool, too.

I write exclusively OT 'fic, and usually of action/adventure or darkfic nature. Most of my one-shots are pokécentric and/or introspective, and I will occasionally do something comedic.

As to why, I'm not really interested in any of the canon characters, thus the preference for OT. It's also a genre that's rife with possibilities, and so I enjoy it for the same reason that I enjoy fantasy/sci-fi: because it explores what is possible, rather than what actually is. If it's done well, anyway. I'm a gloomy sort of person, so darkfic both appeals to me and is relatively easy to write; introspective stuff for the same reason. I enjoy writing battles and action sequences best, so most of my 'fics have action/adventure as a subgenre for a reason.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
Well, so far I've only written OT non-journeyfic. Most have a bit of humor thrown in, though Fuega is going to go down the road of angst and my currently-bieng-rewritten Sixth Warrior is mostly 'save-the-world' adventure with some romance thrown in. The Delta series will be mostly adventure/comedy, with a bit of drama near the climax. Oh yes.

So yeah...I'm trash at writing romance between canon characters. No idea why. I'd have to say that adventure is my forte and fave. My favorite to read is a good amount of humor, with romance occasionally thrown in.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

I like to read and write both Fantasy and Sci-fi. I like to write Fantasy primarily because it lets me put people with human understanding and feelings into situations that aren't normally possible. This lets me delve into the human consciousness, something I'm infinitely fascinated by. It's like an extreme exaggeration of human character, I guess. Plus it allows me to imagine utterly amazing and completely impossible locations, weapons, events, abilities, etc., which is really fun.

Sci-fi serves a similar purpose. It allows me to show how technology may advance, yes, but it also allows me to show how the human mind may develop along with that technology. In my case, I usually go for a more grungy feel, like "1984" or "Bladerunner". It's when technology develops faster than human understanding that problems arise, and it's a point I hammer home a lot. I also like to point out the rift between using technology for good and evil.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023

You could say I have a split personality. I'm either hopelessly pessimistic or extremely optimistic depending on how my day has been or what events have taken place that are of any concern to me. Normally, when I write, I'm somewhere in between the two personalities. When I write, there's just enough wit, mystery and darkness to create an interesting atmosphere. The fan fic that comes out of it is normally a darkfic and that's my favourite sort of fic to write.

I like reading Journey fan fics, normally because they tend to be epic failures and they're good for laughing at, but when they're written successfully they are well worth the read so it's a win-win situation.

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
Years
Nine days since I logged on? Really? I guess recent events have been distracting me. I can't be bothered reading through a load of pages, so I'll just answer the topic on this one.

I don't actually have a favourite. Although I do prefer tragedy over comedy most of the time.

I like reading Journey fan fics, normally because they tend to be epic failures and they're good for laughing at, but when they're written successfully they are well worth the read so it's a win-win situation.

I sincerely hope my journey fic isn't the former.

~Golden

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Hm, I came up with a topic for this thread while I was writing chapter four of Operation Main Frame.

Do you tend to write ideas and/or first drafts of your stories in notebooks or do you use Microsoft Word or a similar program all the time?

I write my ideas and drafts down in a hardback copy of mine and when I'm happy with the chapter I've written down, I'll write it down on Microsoft Word. It takes time but it allows me to edit it as I'm writing it, which is better than just using Microsoft Word and having to go back and re-read it, I think.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Hm, I came up with a topic for this thread while I was writing chapter four of Operation Main Frame.

Do you tend to write ideas and/or first drafts of your stories in notebooks or do you use Microsoft Word or a similar program all the time?

I write my ideas and drafts down in a hardback copy of mine and when I'm happy with the chapter I've written down, I'll write it down on Microsoft Word. It takes time but it allows me to edit it as I'm writing it, which is better than just using Microsoft Word and having to go back and re-read it, I think.

I think we have had a simular topic before.

I write my ideas and plot twists down. Other than that I keep everything in my head until I type it into a word document.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011

I use Word. Sometimes I write on paper, but those passages never acutally end up in my stories.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

I write all my ideas down in a hardback notebook I have reserved for the purpose. I usually don't actually write out chapters in it, though, unless I think of a good sentence or paragraph or whatever and I don't want to forget it. You can hear the sounds of my pen scratching around 2:00 A.M. most nights XD.

All actual chapter writing occurs in Word. Call me crazy, but I like to have cut/paste/delete options readily available. Pencil and pen is slower, in any case, and Lord knows I don't need to be any slower.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years

Well I have writeen things down in a notebook before, when I knew I was going to be without a computer but most of the time it's in Word. I just like being able to form ideas and type without having to go back and read my horrible handwriting.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016

I type faster than I write and I get "hand cramps" less when i am typing and it is easier to keep track of stuff on my computer, then it is in a notebook. So I use Word to type it all up and listen to music for inspiration.

Inspiration hasn't struck recently though. Could be school in the way...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
The only thing I have done on paper are three notebook sheets with tentative teams for the major characters.

However, I do some brainstorming and planning on Notepad files and such, that doesn't go into my fic's main Word document.

It's because my handwriting is illegible for the most part XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back