• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I write a generic journeyfic, but it wasn't inspired by Saber's work (I hadn't even read it when I started). Whether that makes mine any better or worse is up for debate, but I do know I was utterly unimpressed by her second installment and quickly gave up on it.

As for improving over time with my writing, I'm not sure it would apply to me as much as some of the others. The reason is as follows: A wise man once said, "I'm getting too old for this ****." The last thing I want to worry about after a two-year, 50+ chapter fic is writing ANOTHER two-year, 50+ chapter fic. Meh, I might just limit myself to one-shots/shorter pieces after I finish my main fic. Or I may just fall off the face of the earth and begin writing stuff for the IRS.

Bay

Years
As for improving over time with my writing, I'm not sure it would apply to me as much as some of the others. The reason is as follows: A wise man once said, "I'm getting too old for this ****." The last thing I want to worry about after a two-year, 50+ chapter fic is writing ANOTHER two-year, 50+ chapter fic. Meh, I might just limit myself to one-shots/shorter pieces after I finish my main fic. Or I may just fall off the face of the earth and begin writing stuff for the IRS.

Heh, I'm actually thinking of also probably limiting myself to one-shots/shorter pieces after I finish posting NE. I love writing fiction and all, but it's taking a lot of my time, with me busy for school and all. Even though NE is finished, I'm still revising and revising and revising. XD I could just try finish another story this summer before school starts, but then I'll keep thinking of ways to make the story better...XD;

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
If the anime writers wanted to base an episode/movie on your fan fic, would you give them the rights to?
Sure, as long as I had enough creative control over it to make sure they wouldn't rape it completely.

As for the discussion of what to do after one's big, epic fics, I'm definitely going to write more longer fics after The Quest for the Legends because it just gives me so much to do, unlike one-shots - I can think up future scenes or figure out plot points while waiting for a bus or otherwise bored. I'm not sure what it would be precisely (maybe some of the fics I've already started and put more or less on hold).

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
Oh yeah, I'd have to keep a close eye on the producers too. I mean...I cringe at what they'd do with Fuega. It gets very metaphorical and philosophical in the middle...and holy crap, you can just imagine...

After Fuega and Sixth Warrior are done? I have more than enough chapterfic ideas to keep me occupied. The Delta series, that Pokemon/Digimon crossover trilogy, a weird random thing about Shaymin and Heatran (they're so neglected in Legendary fics...;_;), an anime-canon story that I got as a challenge, a couple of PokeSpe-based fics...yeah. I'm busy.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Is it really necessary to tag your name at the bottom of your posts? We can see quite clearly that you are the one posting from the massive username at the top of your posts beside your avatar, you know.

Is it necessary to ask? xD.

How long does it take you to go over someone's work?

Ahhh.

Thouroughly, about a half hour at the least.

~TK

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
If the anime writers wanted to base an episode/movie on your fan fic, would you give them the rights to?

Depends on who the anime writers were. If the team that wrote Yu-Gi-Oh GX approached me, I'd say no, and shoot them. No, on second thought, I'd shoot them and then say "no". (Yes, kids, Thesis has read the evil overlord list!) If the writers were from, say, Gonzo or Studio Ghibli, I'd be very happy to let them have my fic. Heck, I'd give up all rights to it if it was Studio Ghibli because they make everything that goes in come out better. So yeah, the answer's yes, but I'm a picky person. XD

txteclipse

The Last
Years

For the Eon Chronicles...maybe, maybe not. If it was going to be toned down and made palatable for Pokemon's normal target audience, then definitely no. If they left it as-is, however, I'd say go for it. In fact, I often think of my fic as a movie/anime. It has this lighting effect I saw in a commercial for Tropicana orange juice (the one with the flying cows). Yeah, it's weird, but I take pride in my imagery and it fits.

"Mastermind" may not be a very easy fic to make into a movie. The entire thing is a past-tense, first-person commentary by a Pokemon. So probably a "no" on that one.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
The Delta series, that Pokemon/Digimon crossover trilogy, a weird random thing about Shaymin and Heatran (they're so neglected in Legendary fics...

That is because it is hard to base a story off of two Pokemon who don't have any special powers like control over space or time. It is harder to go off of.

Although I did read a noob fic where someone gave Shaymin the ability to grow/regrow plants with touch. It wasn't a bad idea, but it was in a bad fic.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Oh yeah, I'd have to keep a close eye on the producers too. I mean...I cringe at what they'd do with Fuega. It gets very metaphorical and philosophical in the middle...and holy crap, you can just imagine...

Yeah, just look at what producers did to Eragon.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
In fact, I often think of my fic as a movie/anime. It has this lighting effect I saw in a commercial for Tropicana orange juice (the one with the flying cows). Yeah, it's weird, but I take pride in my imagery and it fits.

Yes, I'm not alone, lol. But yeah, it's just how I picture my stories, as a movie or show, depending on how it flows. Even my major, non-pokemon story, I picture as a movie, with two more after XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Uhh...well, for one thing, the anime writers wouldn't want my fic. It's way too depressing, and there's still more depression to come. (and to those who read JaB, it's actually not related to the shipping in the story)

Second, even if they did want it, I wouldn't let them. They'd take out all of the goodness JaB has to its name.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years

If it were my parody and they promised to not mess it up, sure. If it were my main fic, NO. I can't picture my main fic as being anything but live action, and I just don't trust them to not make it more appropriate for a younger audience. However, if they were to ask for the rights, that would be the most amazing thing ever, even though I'd say no. :P

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016

Yeah it depends on who's asking. Definitely wouldn't be the Pokemon Anime writers. Now, if the Manga Pokemon writers were making a movie for my fic, that would be different.

Ascaris

boogey
Years

Of course. But I'd be the one to chose the cast.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Yes. Definitely. I just need to write more first. :D

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
That is because it is hard to base a story off of two Pokemon who don't have any special powers like control over space or time. It is harder to go off of.

Although I did read a noob fic where someone gave Shaymin the ability to grow/regrow plants with touch. It wasn't a bad idea, but it was in a bad fic.

Hm. I've always imagined them as opposites...the dual natures of the earth, rage and serenity...

The randomfic is basically a "Pinky and the Brain"-ish thing, where Heatran is Pinky and Shaymin (usually in Sky Forme) is the Brain. -shot-

Yeah, just look at what producers did to Eragon.

...-shudder- Ew. Don't talk to me about that.

Although, I'm not too fond of the Inheritance trilogy...it's very cliched, and Eragon and Arya are a pair of Sue/Stus...I think a better metaphor would be, "look what that one guy did with Harry Potter 4." Now THAT'S plot-rape.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years
Although, I'm not too fond of the Inheritance trilogy...it's very cliched, and Eragon and Arya are a pair of Sue/Stus...
Yeah, the real marvel with the Eragon film was not that they took something good and made it bad, but that they took something that was bad and managed not only to make it worse, but significantly worse.

Bay

Years
Although, I'm not too fond of the Inheritance trilogy...it's very cliched, and Eragon and Arya are a pair of Sue/Stus...I think a better metaphor would be, "look what that one guy did with Harry Potter 4." Now THAT'S plot-rape.

Ack, I watched the Harry Potter 4 movie. Just...>.> Luckily the fifth one was much better. XD

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Yeah, the real marvel with the Eragon film was not that they took something good and made it bad, but that they took something that was bad and managed not only to make it worse, but significantly worse.

It's hard to call the Inheritance trilogy bad when Christopher Paolini is making a chunk of change off of it. Although I agree that the movie was terrible, I like the books quite a bit, and I have faith that he will improve with the next two installments and silence many critics. So there :P

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years
It's hard to call the Inheritance trilogy bad when Christopher Paolini is making a chunk of change off of it.
Popularity =/= quality of workmanship. Argument ad populum and all that. I wish I could share your faith in Paolini's improvement, but all the signs regarding his next book have been decidedly unfavorable.

Edit: I suppose you could say that's what's good about the Inheritance Cycle, actually: its marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back