• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
  • Thanks for reading it :D Now I know what I need to fix, add, think about and what I left out and such...

To answer some of your questions:
    It's not the Power, either; although I think you should define it somehow, I also think this Power-thingy can be a great thing, also. You know, at some points there, I thought Power is much like the Force in Star Wars, and at other times it sounded more like the Power is the government of their kingdom, telling what happens and who's the king and so on. You should tell more about it. What is it, anyway? I, for one, really want to know.
    *blinks*
    I've never read Star Wars nor watched the movies, though maybe I should...
    The Power is pretty much the deity of their world. It gives people a power (all elemental except for Healing) and give the Light Faerie a fraction of each Power, labeling them as king/queen. If you don't have Power, you're hated because they blame you for not being "worthy" and/or being a part of the Power's damage. (the Light Faerie was considered to be directly linked to the Power and many believed that when it was killed the Power was damaged, but it was actually that combined with the making of the Dark Faerie)

The thing that bothers me is that your bad guy seems to be the bad guy for the sole reason of being bad. Sure, he's envious, who wouldn't be at least a bit? I know you might have this all thought trough, but by that explanation, it doesn't seem like he has an adequate motive to start slaughtering people and becoming a dark power of some sort. If he really doesn't have one, you should think it trough one more time. If he does, I'd very much like to hear about your brainwork. I just dislike it a lot when bad guys are bad just because, well, they are. For example, Cob from The Tales of Earthsea becomes a bad guy because he's seriously afraid of dying.
    Oh, sorry. I have to re-title that section "world/history."
    I haven't really worked on him that much because it was so long ago when that story actually happened (it doesn't happen in any of the books). Much isn't known about him because they didn't know what it was he was doing nor did they know where the missing Faeries had gone until after he was killed. Though for my own sanity, I should probably add to it at least in my own mind :P and I'll put it on as well.
    Also, Thin Bloods aren't directly sent to factories. They go to a separate school (seeing as they can't be trained as Faeries), but they find it hard to get a job since there are few jobs that Faeries wouldn't just take themselves. Usually they end up in factories because they can't find work, and there are few opportunities to find a new job once they have taken one in a factory for a Thin Blood. Oftentimes their parents will take them in again after they have finished schooling which gives them more time to find work, but some of the more proud families (typically Fire) won't. Also, in the second book a Thin Blood was granted acreage, something that had been unheard of for a long time...

How come she finds out about all that stuff? After all, she's fifteen and only recently got her wings, too. Have you concidered making her a tad older, perhaps? Or could she be from an important family? I don't think dark secrets are often told in places that are easy to evesdrop or anything. Other than that, this sounds pretty credible and good, depending on how you write it. If you do it well, it should be great. If you don't well, then, it's not going to be good. I have no reason to believe you'd fail!
    She finds all of it out because the Mind Faerie tells her. Yes, I know that sounds odd, but that's how it works (only one is born every generation for both Mind and Light, so that's how it has to be). Also, people already knew about Dark Faeries, but what they didn't know is the way in which they were made and that the making of them could have been what caused the Thinning, not simply the murder of the Light Faerie. The Mind/Light Faerie is trained as soon as they're found to be one. You know how she was found? She blew up the machine that was testing her ^.^
    She's relatively close in relation to the current Light Faerie (not close enough to have been invited to live in the palace) and her mother is a Healing Faerie while her father is a Fire, which usually makes them of slightly higher stature.
    It was safe for her to be told these "dark secrets" (I need a thesaurus :P) because the current Mind Faerie would know if someone was eavesdropping... It's a part of her Power as well as the fact that they talk in her study in the library, and very few students ever go to the library (nyeh, computers).

As for the names, they are pretty much fillers. I'll put in new ones most likely as they come, but so far nothing better has come along.

Thanks for reviewing! It's helped me to start developing it more considerably :D and I'll make the required changes to my summary as well.

Last edited:

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • Have you ever given a character in one of your fanfic's a handicap or put them in a special situation that was very difficult for you to write about?

One of my earliest versions of Lauren-- an adult one-- was a very quite, edgey, twitchy, psychotic mess after being impaled by a metal spike and being revived, then tormented by another demon that occupied her mind.

That was not easy keeping her all... crazy and stuff. A lot of my Laurens were nuts in their earlier versions, actually... o.o But yeah, that was a hard one to write about because at the time, I was 14-15 and knew nothing about mental illnesses of any sort.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Have you ever given a character in one of your fanfic's a handicap or put them in a special situation that was very difficult for you to write about?

In the new version of The Sixth Warrior, one of the main characters - Amber of Hoenn - was born with malformed vocal cords. She also happens to be the "greatest Pokemon Master in centuries." She only trains three fighting Pokemon, as these three have been her companions long enough that they have developed a system of visual cues in battle, as well as strategies to be used when Amber can't deliver visual commands.

That doesn't change the fact that she's mute, and not many people are fluent in Visual Kantonian (a Poke-world equivalent of sign language.)

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • Hey guys, whats going on in here? Yeah, yeah, long time no post, I know. (Note, it was only after I wrote that that I realized solovino said the same thing) I've been sort of distracted and while not technically "busy," per se, I have been doing a lot of other stuff that has effectively managed to keep me away from here.

Rather surprisingly, one of those things was none other than, well, writing. Shocking, I know. Who'd have thought that a writer would actually write? Well I did, and am proud to say that I have finally, after about five months or so, finished TRINITY chapter 2. Joy. I command thee to celebrate. Either that or give me five bucks as I like money.

I had been hoping to get TFC chapter 29 done before I go back to school tomorrow (today? I can never know when I post after midnight), but that failed drastically due to this LAN party I had with friends taking away pretty much two days (the second was due to recovering from it) of the week from me. But, I did manage to get TRINITY done at least, and that's good. I also plotted some more about how this rewrite of TFC is going to work, and I'm very pleased with some of the changes I've thought up. I've done a lot with the part 2 arc, which was pretty much the most in need of an overhaul as I hadn't quite fallen into the story's tone and all then (part 1, while the style needs some work, is fairly sound plot-wise as not all that much happens in it. It's only three chapters, for crying out loud. I guess I could lengthen it, but...I see no need to)

I've also given it more thought, and think that switching from first to third person in TFC may very well be beneficial to the story, especially with how I sometimes swap between viewpoints mid-chapter. With first person that pretty much means I have to scene break and declare who the new viewpoint is, which is rather jarring. If I wanted the story to be really confusing I guess I could just scene break and imply who it is without telling or not even scene break at all and have one paragraph being one character off doing their own thing and the next being completely different, but that would be weird and not really fit for my situation. Third person would just allow everything to be more dynamic, and cinematic in a way. I already incorporate small paragraphs of third person every once in a while where I drift off from the viewpoint to something they can't see, but I want to point out anyways. And then there's whole scenes where it's third person because the guy it's about I don't want to get into the head of, as those scenes are supposed to be ominous, foreboding, and all that stuff without giving too much away.

Plus I write TRINITY in third person, and writing two stories at once with different POVs can be awfully confusing. I can't count how many times I've slipped from one to the other after picking up a story again after not writing in it for a while. Guess I'll do a rewrite of chapter 1 in third person and compare it to the current first person rewrite (which should ideally be rewritten again anyways).

So anyways, I guess I'll be posting TRINITY chapter 2 soon, and then immediately get to work on finishing up the current version of TFC (cliffhanging it at the halfway mark, to the anger of many fans I'm sure) so I can get to this damn rewrite finally.

Now for some of the deluge of questions that have been poised in my absence... Working backwards as usual until I feel like stopping.

Have you ever given a character in one of your fanfic's a handicap or put them in a special situation that was very difficult for you to write about?
    Hmm, not really. None of my characters really have a handicap; the three main heroes of TFC are all perfectly healthy, as is the guy who randomly pops up at times to help the trio out. In TRINITY, Tashima does have his prosthetic limbs, but they're not really handicaps as they function fully like normal limbs but with extra functions as well. Same goes for Havoc (in the present), whose entire body is now cybernetic, but it's an enhancement and not a handicap.

As for special situations, well, Aira in TFC as a whole is pretty much one. Currently I find her hard to write about as she just tends to be there and not do anything. She's not the main character like Shrike, nor is she the magic-wielding butt kicker like Rayne. She's the compassionate, sensible, logical voice when needed but otherwise she's useless for fighting and most other things. That's something I intend to change in the rewrite... In TRINITY I also run into the telepathy problem txteclipse has regarding the use of brainwave communicators, which Havoc almost solely depends on and which Tashima uses sometimes as well (rather extensively in chapter 2). I pretty much work around it by giving the thought speech the Animorphs-standard < and > brackets instead of quotations, and just normal speech tags for the most part, as who says you can't yell or bark or whisper or whatever to someone over telepathy? Sometimes I will use tags such as "Havoc thought to Tashima" or "Havoc mentally said to Tashima" for variety, though.

Which literary technique do you like to add to your stories? How about read in other people's work?
    I'm huge on Chekhov's gun and foreshadowing in general. TFC is full of it, with even the most minor details sometimes hinting at stuff. Already TRINITY has a few (of both Chekhov's gun and foreshadowing), but of course I'm not going to be pointing them out, what fun will that be? Some of them should be pretty obvious, though. Let's see, then there's backstory through flashbacks, epiphanies, and plot twists. Especially plot twists, I love those.

Have you ever set a fanfic in the past or future? If so, how many years in either direction was it set?
    Both TFC and TRINITY are set in the future, TFC being around 2040 (I have an exact year but can never remember it) and TRINITY around 2515 (same there). Obviously, TFC is only far enough away that I have a little more leeway with technology and all in order to make it somewhat more advanced than canon shows it being (of course the anime has been increasing the technological level of the Pokémon world insanely fast, especially with the DP season(s) and all now...)

Anyways...TRINITY is much, much further in the future, obviously, and it shows. On the ground I've given the setting and plot a cyberpunk flair, while in space it has a kind of space opera-like feel (namely, Battlestar Galactica). Advanced technology abounds, and it is all so very much fun to write about.

And...that's it for now. Dammit, why am I awake now...I should be asleep, not writing some stupid post for some stupid lounge on some stupid forum for some stupid fandom made by a stupid company who only cares about stupid money...

I would again like to ask for free money from everyone, as even though it may be stupid, I sure love money and day after tomorrow (...tomorrow?) I'm going to be buying my expensive textbooks again. At least I start working again tomorrow (...today...?) in order to make my stupid money, but I'm not sure if that's actually a good thing or not.

Postscript: Any typos are due to sleep deprivation and should be punished like the scum they are: by killing them with fire. In other words, ignore them and give me a break, it's five in the morning here!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The Elite Overlord is back from his holiday hiatus. Let us rejoice. And let us join Special Agent Bob and Secret Agent Steve, two of the finest official unofficial Splinter Cells.

AH-HA! Has anyone ever put a Wobuffet in their stories before?
    Have any of you put a Sentret in any of your fics?
    Nope on both counts.

Have you ever set a fanfic in the past or future? If so, how many years in either direction was it set?
    Fall and Winter of 2006-2007, with the final chapter set in October 2007. Sadly, that's the extent of it:/

I have no experience with D&D or WoW, so I feel unqualified to answer those questions. And now I fear I may not be as big of a nerd as I originally thought.

Now...
    Has anyone put a Persian in their fic that WASN'T Giovanni's pet?
    and...
    Has anyone put a Buick in their fic?
    Yes and yes. For the former, the Persian is the main character's main Pokemon. For the latter, my fic features a Century, an Electra Estate Wagon, and, in the rewrite, a Lucerne as well.

Bay

Years

• Which literary technique do you like to add to your stories? How about read in other people's work?

I like adding Chekhov's Gun and plot twists, as I love having my readers out of the loop (Chapter 18 XD; gosh, my ego's inflating...^^; ). Also I love backstory. If done effectively and shown at the right time, it gives great depth to a character.

I actually did in the later chapters of NE, but won't say. Would SPOIL a lot. :X

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • Which literary technique do you like to add to your stories? How about read in other people's work?
    Well, going by that list:

Back-story: A lot of my characters have backstories and I tend to enjoy backstories when I read as well.
    Chekhov's gun: I really adore them when reading; I wish I had more of them in my own writing, though I've had a couple of subtle ones that weren't actually objects but more like events or mentions of facts. :/
    Fictional fictional character: Sarah Hooter in Morphic.
    Flashback: Not quite, since all my 'flashbacks' are in the form of extras or spin-offs, but somewhat.
    Incluing: I've been trying to do it in Morphic to some degree, though I've also experienced having a hard time getting into books because it was too hard to understand what was going on at the beginning before some details of the world became clear, so I don't like to reveal things of much importance too slowly. The most prominent incluing in that fic is actually about locations; while the town of Taillow Springs has been mentioned in some recent chapters, I don't think the neighboring Grace City has ever been mentioned by name, nor has it been made explicit that the main characters live in two separate (if very close) towns to begin with.
    Infodumping: Way too much of it, particularly in The Quest for the Legends. While I don't think I have any "As you know, Bob" conversations, I have plenty of "For the benefit of the reader I will think about this detail" in the narration and "Interesting thing which the author just made up that we'll just say you didn't know since it would probably not quite be common knowledge anyway, Bob" conversations. And slightly more legitimate "Let me introduce you to these concepts which nobody currently knows about except me, Bob" conversations.
    Irony: The discrepancy between Shadowdart's ideals and how his reign turns out to be in The Fall of a Leader, I suppose.
    Juxtaposition: Mostly in The Fall of a Leader with the various possible comparisons of the story of the pearl with the events of the actual story.
    Narrative hook: The prologue of The Quest for the Legends is an attempt at that.
    Parody: The Sarah Hooter series in Morphic is generic Pokémorph fiction with the popularity of Harry Potter.
    Pathetic fallacy: Somewhat in the first chapter of the IALCOTN version of The Quest for the Legends.
    Plot twist: A few in The Quest for the Legends; could apply to Morphic as well, depending on how much it needs to change from the expected, I guess. I really enjoy them when they work. :3
    Side Story: Parts six and seven of Scyther's Story and parts four to seven of The Fall of a Leader happen in the timeframe of The Quest for the Legends; they also each retell the events of one scene of that fic from another point of view in the process.
    Story within a story: The story of the pearl in The Fall of a Leader.
    Ticking clock: The plot of The Quest for the Legends.

Have you ever given a character in one of your fanfics a handicap or put them in a special situation that was very difficult for you to write about?
    Well, there's Morphic, where the morphs tend to be messed up in some way or another. Some of the more interesting examples:

Meowth morph - spends his time locked in his room either playing with balls of yarn (which has no right to be this fun!) or licking his hand and then rubbing it against his head.
    Scyther morph - one of the most fun characters I have ever written, because she is completely sociopathic, has very little in the way of emotions, likes to cut flies in half, and tends to look at the delicious throbbing veins in people's necks rather than at their faces when she talks to them.
    Slugma morph - has hot, liquid, semi-transparent orange goo instead of skin. It drips. And if he doesn't rub it regularly, it hardens into rock. That and his eyebrows keep setting his hair on fire.
    Roselia morph - she has roses instead of hands. Not actual roses, but her fingers are these boneless flaps that look kind of like rose petals. She has difficulty picking things up and drops her pencil every ten minutes at school. And she photosynthesizes, which makes her go drowsy in the dark.

Mostly I find them more fun than difficult; it's interesting to work with things like that and figure out what it would be like to be like that. For example, Gabriel the Slugma morph can't really touch things without wearing gloves, since he is kind of slimy, and that's very irritating for him in life in general.

Alan in The Quest for the Legends has a Persian.

Nope. No reason to think they have those in the Pokémon world.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Has anyone put a Persian in their fic that WASN'T Giovanni's pet?
    Well, I haven't put in one that was Giovanni's pet, so... I figure Fabrizio Massimo, my parody-Giovanni, should have one since he's the leader of Team Helicopter and all, but if that Persian of his never makes an on-screen appearance, Persian will remain one of the 450 or so Pokémon I've never used. For now.

Heck, if Elite Overlord hadn't spoken about them so much, I wouldn't even know what a Buick is. So, no, not really. In my region, Voitto, they apparently don't use much cars. The ones who live away from cities or towns might have to use one, but other than that, people use trains. You know, like in Japan. So, the cars you'd see there would most likely be pick-up trucks or vans and all in all be very un-noteworthy. Cars are not status items there.
    But, yeah, no Buicks in my fics. And most likely never will be, sorry.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

If Giovanni in gameverse has one, I'm putting it in. Not as Giovanni's pet, but fake Giovanni's pet. 8D

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years

You'd expect me to do it (because I love me some obscure characters), but no. I should, though, because Persian kicks tail. Sometimes literally.

All of my characters are either hippies or so broke it's not even funny, so alas, no.

It'd be a more interesting question to ask who out of my cast can drive. Because I'm sure half of them think they can.

So, hey. Why not?

How many/which of your characters can drive? If so, would you trust them behind the wheel?

And for a more serious question:

Canon or original: which kind of character do you like to write most about? How about read? Okay, then why for each?

*is bound and determined to start wank for our lovely overlord*

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Seriously, up until now, I've never ever met a person who even knew who the heck is Diana Wynne Jones. She's one of my favourite authors and I really look up to her.

I only recognise the name because she wrote Wilken's Tooth. Definitely my favourite book when I was seven. Apart from the Lord of the Rings. Which I couldn't actually read but I liked to pretend to my friends that I could.

Which literary technique do you like to add to your stories? How about read in other people's work?

Totally taking Dragonfree's list hereL

Back-story: I find backstories to be very interesting. Sometimes, I'm able to figure out what a character of mine would do by looking at his/her past. In Operation Main Frame, Noah's past turns out to be extremely important to the plot and it's very hard to figure out exactly what went on during his childhood without being told directly. I'm expecting a lot of people to groan at me and tell me off for treading around the topic when I get around to writing the story the time comes.
    Flashback: Not really a fan of flashbacks. I find it much more interesting to have one's past brought out onto the table and see the reactions.
    Irony: There's going to be a lot of it in later chapters, but as of now, no. I like the idea of irony but it's pretty hard to pull it off properly.
    Parody: Please let's not comment on what happened in May.
    Plot twist: Yes. I take pride in making my stories go as unbelievably far with plot twists as they can. Especially in Viesta, which should be released shortly. Just give me another six months.
    Side Story: Umhm. In Operation Main Frame, Noah is going to be fighting with a secret he kept from his friends and family. How big the side story turns out to be is anyone's guess.

I'm sorry. I failed you.

How many/which of your characters can drive? If so, would you trust them behind the wheel?

Presumably everybody in the U.A has learned how to drive in case of an emergency scenario during a mission. Does that mean I would like to risk my life driving at breakneck speeds with them? No it does not.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

I have a Persian planned to be in a fic that I need to get started on. It's a rich tomboy's Persian-- does that count? xD

I have them use Pokemon to fly, and the one I need to get to writing, cars don't even exist. I don't know if I'll be having any of my characters driving if I can't even drive myself. ._.; So no drivers soon, I'm afraid.

While I'm here...-molests Rekhyt-

That's a stalker, my dear.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Which literary technique do you use?

Well I pretty much only write in the first person. For some reason, I can't write in anything else without it sounding awkward to me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • How many/which of your characters can drive? If so, would you trust them behind the wheel?
    Lisa got her license during the timeskip right before the final chapter. She had a car before then (not a Buick [GASP!]) but it was her parent's old car, so that may or may not count in your book. She bought an '89 Buick Estate Wagon (which is one of those BIG old luxury wagons with the fake wood on the side) for college soon after passing her driving test.

She drives carefully and slowly, so I'd trust her to get me there safe. However, I wouldn't trust her to get me there in a hurry, as she does drive so slowly. The words, "Move it, Granny!" come to mind...

She's much better at handling a 18 foot long, two-ton-plus station wagon than you might expect from someone who just got her license.

Most of the adults in my fic also drive: Lisa's parents, police officers, members of the Pokemon League, the bad guys, etc. Some of those cops and bad guys drive like Golbats out of hell, so you might not want to ask them for a ride to the local grocery store XD

Canon or original: which kind of character do you like to write most about? How about read? Okay, then why for each?
    For both reading and writing, I prefer either original characters or minor canon characters who haven't been done to death. I like to see something new, which is probably the reason for liking original characters. But so many of the canon characters (the cast from Colosseum and XD in particular) seem like interesting characters that I'm curious to find out more about, so I also like to take a look at them as well.

But, upon the first mention of Ash, Jessie & James, Brock, Misty, etc., I hit the back button. And I do it mainly to keep my blood pressure down and avoid cardiac arrest. And also to avoid ending up on the FBI's Wanted Fugitives list.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • How many/which of your characters can drive? If so, would you trust them behind the wheel?
    1)
    Lauren can, although she doesn't personally own a car herself. She's a fairly alright driver, but she seems to have a small need for speed and tends to put the pedal to the metal when going around corners.

That'll make anyone nervous. Would I trust her? ... To an extent.

2) Lord Wilkinson drives as well; a GT Diablo '99 in some silver color. He's more careful than Lauren is, generally...

Unless he's late; then he starts to mirror his subordinant's habits and goes a wee bit too fast.
    But hey, he has a sports/luxury car. Who wouldn't? Overall, as long as he's not late... yeah, I'd trust him.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Canon or original: which kind of character do you like to write most about? How about read? Okay, then why for each?

I like to write about both mixed in with each other but focus on my original character and keep the canons as either small roles or even not completely tell the reader that they are who they are. Instead I just lead on that they are who they are. The reason for liking to write about my original characters is because I can then shape what they would do in the situation and have them grow accordingly. The reason I like to secretly throw in canon characters is because its fun to see if the reader can recognize them. However, I never make the canon characters really important to the story because I don't want to the reader to get confused if they don't see who I'm leading them on to be.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years

I'm guessing that no-one can, because I never use cars in my fics. That's probably because I also never use cars in my own life... Writing about driving never even crosses my mind, because, hey, I can't drive myself! But, I figure that if any of my characters were to be able to drive, it would be Adan. He can really suprise me sometimes, so why not? Also, I figure Jack might be a good candidate, too. They'd both be very good drivers. Cimi, Rora, Mari, April, Marcus and many other character would be terrible drivers because they'd be driving either too damn fast or too damn slow. Or couldn't keep the car on the road.

When writing, it's definitely original. I love creating my own characters with their quirks and good and bad sides and personal histories and everything. I love making my own characters live. Usually, when I design a character, it turns out to be something else than I originally thought. I let my characters have a "mind of their own", in a way. Sooner or later, they do stuff I hadn't planned and develop in a way I didn't quite see coming. I love that, and I love the way they end up being. Currently, I'm having terrifying amounts of fun while toying with the sanity of Cimi and Adan in Secret People. It's going to be one hell of a fic character-wise, I'm telling you!

I don't dare to write about canon characters, because I know I'd do it wrong. I'd keep them the way they are at first, but it wouldn't take me long to forget who they should be and start making some stupid, annoying mistakes. That's also why I haven't had the courage to write a Team Rocket fic I once came up with it.

When reading, it's up to the writer. I really like some canon characters *coughBillcough*, and if someone writes about them and does it well, I love it. However, expecially when reading some shipping fics, the writer's don't do it well at all. That I don't like. Also, I really love well-written original characters, but the saner and more normal they are, the less I like them.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

Nope. Hmm, I don't even recall any in Colosseum in the first place...

My main character in Wes is able to drive. He drive a weird vehicle - it's the one that one used on Pokemon Colosseum - I've once said that it had it has one wheel and the other side hovers as well - and that it also lacked a steering wheel. (I have it that the wheel doesn't really do much, so it mostly hovers, heh). Looks odd... yet also cool as well. It's different, leastways - here's a pic. And another! Anyone who can manage to drive that surely can be trusted to drive any vehicle. Well, maybe not a plane though. :/

There may be other characters who can drive (and some do in Folly and Trudly although they probably wouldn't be people you would trust to drive you from point A to B anyway) in my fic as well, but those two are the only ones who I've shown to be driving something - thus far, that is.

I don't believe Orre has ever seen anything as roadworthy as a Buick though. :/ Poor people...

In writing, I like doing both. If it's canon characters, I do like to exaggerate certain qualities of some and play around with them, although I do keep them basically in character if it's set by canon, and paying respect to that canon's portrayal. (E.g. with, say, Miror B, I've kept him being more a kind of person who likes to dance and listen to music rather then actually do his job half the time, had him use similar-styled dialogue to the games, and so forth). But for a fair few of them I've found a lot of room to work with, such as Wes - a silent protagonist for a game is all well and good, but it doesn't quite work for a fic, so I've made some 'original' things in showing his perspective - through thoughts, some dialogue, etc. Some of my portrayals of characters have also erred to the more 'insane' side, so to speak, or leastways ones that offer chances for comedy.

I've also based a lot of my characters on the NPCs as well, but given that the NPCs are hardly developed characters, I practically make them my own and just use them for the benefit of comedy. :D

I like using entirely-original characters as well though - although few appear in my main fic, I've had many of those in other pieces of writing, in ideas for other fics, and also in some comedy scripts I used to do.

Reading - well, again, I like both, although I'm not really as interested in Ashy boy and so forth as much as other canon characters (Miror B FTW!), or original characters. But either way, if they're intriguing, and well developed, and in the case of certain canon characters they make sense or aren't totally wtf-able, I like either. =)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back