• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
It's not an EXP giveaway, it's just that the EXP rates are changed - 25% lower EXP needed! =D

Ooh. 4x rates? How long are they running?

Oh, and I'll help you with my Lv19 Thief?

Maybe, but again, still need to get the game patched. Might also just create a new character, since my old one is old as dirt and was from before I realized how nice distributing stats correctly is.

I just have to share this. Some people are so damned dumb.

And a number of them are in General Chat. *shot!*

Astinus said:
HALLO

SALUD

IT'S ME, YOUR DUKE

HELLO, HELLO

IT'S ME, PICASSO

Mmm. I love it when you serenade people, Asty.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I can sing the whole Dragonstea Din Tei. Is that strange? :O

Ooh. 4x rates? How long are they running?

It's not 4x, it's more "25% less EXP". LESS. Meaning 75% of original. :| And I dunno probably until next patch.

And you know family stuff? Yeah, that. I need to add you as a Junior.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
That's not strange. Dragostea Din Tei is awesome. But what I'm obsessed with at the moment is 1000 no Kotoba, from Final Fantasy X-2. I believe I have just discovered the most beautiful song in the world. The ironic part is that I don't understand a word. Then again, that just adds to how amazing it is.

It so makes me want to go out and get the game now, even if the English version lacks Kumi Koda's beautiful singing.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I know that you lied to me
Using gentle words to shelter me
Your words were like a dream
But dreams could never fool me
It's now right to me

I'm acting so distant now
Turned my back as you walked away
But i was listening
That you fight your battles far from me
It's now right to me

" Don't you worry' cause i'll come back"
I could hear that you speaking as you walked through the door
I acted strong
To hide the pain
When I turned back the pages
Crying might have been the answer
What if i'd shed my tears and
Begged you not to leave?

But now i'm not afraid to do
What's in my heart

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
So far away
I'm sendingthem to you wherever you are
Suspended on shiny wings

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
They'll cradleyou
Make you no longer dare seem
So far away
And hold you forever

The dream isn't over yet
I pretend and say I can't forget
I still live in my day
You've been there with me all the way
It's now right of me

"Don't you worry' cause i'll write to you
" I could see you speaking as
You looked away
I acted strong
To hide the love when i
Turned back the pages
Anger might've been the answer
But if i shook my head and said
That i can't wait

What's in my heart

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
So far away
I'm sending them to you wherever you are
Suspended on shiny wings

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
They'll cradle you
So far away
And hold you forever

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
La la la la
I'm sending them to you wherever you are (wherever you are)
Suspended on shiny wings

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
La la la la
Make you no longer here
Feel like calling me
La la la la la ha.........

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Oh yes that song is very beauttiful and, from what little I understand from it (thx Astinus 4 trans) very touching. I love hearing to the Beginning of Fantasy rendition...

On another news I have nothing more interesting news to share, sorry. I was just finishing the weekly podcast I'm part of, but college network went off right when we were talking about Obama's most recent and kinda malformed antiracism speech. Go figure.

Lash

Years
Have you ever written a story/one-shot/whatever you decided not to post because of its content?
Yeah, I wrote a one-shot today where a Pokémon I absolutely love, Charmander, is abused and beaten by a cruel trainer who is disappointed in it for it being a weakling.
The Charmander ends up dieing in the end, and what the hell. I didn't even know I had such a messed up story inside me. I might post it, might not.

Bay

Years
Karaoke night here at the lounge? :O What are some other song selections we can choose from?

Have you ever written a story/one-shot/whatever you decided not to post because of its content?
Yeah, this one shot called Chosen Burdens, which is a one shot about the death of a Chosen One. Didn't like it because it's too angsty and some scenes aren't developed enough.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
It's not 4x, it's more "25% less EXP". LESS. Meaning 75% of original. :|

Seriously? As in, instead of the EXP bar being at its full length, they've just lopped off a fourth instead of making it just 4x quicker to earn EXP? That's useful.

And you know family stuff? Yeah, that. I need to add you as a Junior.

Pfft. On Broa? Only when I actually make a non-failtastic character. (But probably, I'll be sticking with my guild and my shiny swordgirl. Come to Kradia~!)

I know that you lied to me
Using gentle words to shelter me
Your words were like a dream
But dreams could never fool me
It's now right to me

I'm acting so distant now
Turned my back as you walked away
But i was listening
That you fight your battles far from me
It's now right to me

" Don't you worry' cause i'll come back"
I could hear that you speaking as you walked through the door
I acted strong
To hide the pain
When I turned back the pages
Crying might have been the answer
What if i'd shed my tears and
Begged you not to leave?

What's in my heart

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
So far away
I'm sendingthem to you wherever you are
Suspended on shiny wings

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
They'll cradleyou
So far away
And hold you forever

The dream isn't over yet
I pretend and say I can't forget
I still live in my day
You've been there with me all the way
It's now right of me

"Don't you worry' cause i'll write to you
" I could see you speaking as
You looked away
I acted strong
To hide the love when i
Turned back the pages
Anger might've been the answer
But if i shook my head and said
That i can't wait

What's in my heart

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
So far away
I'm sending them to you wherever you are
Suspended on shiny wings

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
They'll cradle you
So far away
And hold you forever

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
La la la la
I'm sending them to you wherever you are (wherever you are)
Suspended on shiny wings

Those thousand words
Have never been spoken
La la la la
Make you no longer here
Feel like calling me
La la la la la ha.........

*takes you backstage*

Well, there's a lot of crapfics that I've never posted because they're crap, if that counts.

Other than that, there's a lot of smut fics on my writing LJ that I've never posted here because... they're smut fics. Also, they're usually also crap, but smut fic, in general, is inherently crappy to begin with. That's why smut fic is usually (unintentionally) hilarious, guys.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
WERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!

Have you ever refused written advise and found that your solution was better than the original advise?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Have you ever refused written advise and found that your solution was better than the original advise?

The forum on which A Midsummer Knight's Dream was originally posted was full of failmembers. They would do things like:

1. Attempt to correct my grammar when their advice would have introduced more errors into the work thanks to their inability to read or write correctly. (For example, there's a reason why no Pokémon name is capitalized, and one member tried to tell me to capitalize the word "lord" when it was being used as a common noun. While adding commas in what weren't compound sentences.) Nodded and smiled, then proceeded to go ask someone else to proofread my work.

2. Fail to read beyond the prologue and attempt to tell me that I should add more Pokémon... when the beginning featured a girl getting shot in the back of the head with a Poison Sting shot by an Ariados. (Although this may have been in the original version, which still means they failed to read the rest of the fic either way.) Naturally, I politely turned down this piece of advice this for the simple reason that, uh, yeah. Girl gets shot with an Ariados. Does it need dancing Pikachu?

3. Just plain tell me to stop writing. Which was equally lulz-worthy because it was a one-liner clearly intended to flame me in the first place. Results of ignoring this are fairly obvious.

Also, there's the constant comment that the first few chapters of AEM are slow. It's not that I don't appreciate that comment. It's just that I've thought long and hard about it, and yeah, I couldn't figure out how to speed it up without omitting details that you're probably going to need later.

Other than that, I try to take into consideration everything I'm told. I might not actually take it in the end due to forgetting about it/figuring something else out, but I try not to outright refuse advice.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Girl gets shot with an Ariados. Does it need dancing Pikachu?
But of course! Every decent, self-respecting fic needs that! =P It seems though that I haven't gotten anywhere near as bad advice as you have though. =/ I've spammy reviews, but not bad advice, all that much/

Well... maybe the odd thing here and there (I'd do something else to solve the problem, although I'd acknowledge that there had been a problem there); usually it's just minor stuff (such as, someone mentioned that I misspelled a word, but it's actually correct in Australian English, which I use (very similar to 'British English', but bah, I hate the fact there are different Englishes about)).

I used to play Runescape a decent bit, but that was ages ago. And I never ended up giving them money. =D I gave MapleStory the briefest of goes (I suppose I was too lazy to get distracted by that or something), and... haven't really tried anything else.

Oh, and I'm bob. And bill as well. I'm 17 and live in Australia-land, recently acquired an lj, and feel hungry atm. Oh, and as others said it... I'm single.

Bob: No you're not.
Bill: But I am...
Bob points to the username
Bob: ...umm... you see...

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Yes - sometimes reviewers make mistakes, just like authors. If it's less clear-cut, I'll usually "ask the audience" - that is, ask if anyone has any input on the area.

Breezy

Eee.
Years

Yeah, there's a whole bunch of files in my USB with half written or mostly written one shots. One day I was in a pokeshipping sort of mood (don't throw things at meeee), so I wrote something so horrendously mushy. 'Course I didn't post it. Another was an old story where I tried to see how much I could write about a pokeball. Then a few are parody stories, most of them topical about the writing trends that were happening in SPPf.

Like the random aligned

text​
stuff​

Probably. Can't think of anything specific other than the whole "capitalize pokemon names" things.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
No, but I imagine there will be times when this occurs. It's just because I'm on my first fic and I really don't want distractions disrupting the pace. XD;

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Pfft. On Broa? Only when I actually make a non-failtastic character. (But probably, I'll be sticking with my guild and my shiny swordgirl. Come to Kradia~!)

Fine, I'll make like a Fighter on Khaini or something. =D

No, because I don't write that sort of stuff. Prefer to keep it in my head.

Eh?

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
Years
Sounds rather interesting. I like that idea, especially the bad guy feeling under-appreciated.
I suggest that you use Doctor Eggman for that role.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
Only with very trivial things. And with UK/US spelling differences. I'm Canadian so I can use either spelling I want, but I usually go with the UK spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back