• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
  • If your fic was to become a live action TV series/movie, who would you choose to play each character?

Age makes it difficult to find actors for James and Mark, but for Evi I'd choose Lily Loveless. Scott would be played by Gerard Butler and Brace would be played by Johnny Depp (inorite!) or possibly even Colin Farrell, either way heavy on the make-up. xD Stephanie would definitely be played by either (Aeon Flux version) Charlize Theron or (a modified Resident Evil version) Milla Jovovich.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • New topic!

Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow yur fic to be licensed by Nintendo(only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? Especially Sci-Fi.

Bay

Years
  • Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow your fic to be licensed by Nintendo(only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? Especially Sci-Fi.
    Definitely. There are loads of Pokemon references, both anime (moreso on the movies) and games, that I can' really imagine NE being live action. XD Sadly though, NE isn't sci-fi, unless you count the Pokemon Center PC system and Xatu able to travel back to time. :P

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow yur fic to be licensed by Nintendo(only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? Especially Sci-Fi.

No.

Along with it being planned to be very, VERY long and probably be misinterpreted as something entirely different, I just wouldn't feel comfortable with seeing Delta Species (or Metal Coat too, for that matter) up on the big screen. It would seem a little alien and, I being the kind of person who gets picky over exact details, would probably feel like they totally slaughtered it by not being as I imagined.

Not to mention that the battles would be a pain in the tail.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow your fic to be licensed by Nintendo(only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? Especially Sci-Fi.
    Umumumumumumum . . . no. I wouldn't. I reckon they'd kill Shattered like they killed the anime. And besides, it wouldn't be PC enough for America without heavy, heavy censorship (ie it has bloodthirsty cults with supernatural powers who are OBVIOUSLY WICCA WORSHIPPERS OMG OMG)

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow your fic to be licensed by Nintendo, (only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? This especially goes for Sci-Fi.

A million times yes. Can you imagine just how cool it would be to see my stuff come to life?

Chapter Five is going to bring out what I believe is the coolest-looking Pokémorph to come along in a good while. I would absolutely love to see it brought into a full-motion art form.

EDIT: Actually, I would only allow this if I was permitted to assist in the script production, to ensure that it doesn't get butchered too badly.

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow your fic to be licensed by Nintendo, (only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? This especially goes for Sci-Fi.
    I'm a bit torn when it comes to this actually. After watching I-Robot on the silver-screen, I was kinda bummed to say the least. In short they gutted the movie. But, as for TCNG in the movies, heavy censorship, heavy censorship.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow your fic to be licensed by Nintendo, (only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? This especially goes for Sci-Fi.

Actually, I purposely made my fic akin to the movie (aside from the darker overtone). I've always liked the movies better than the tv show.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • We've been through some location changes, I see. :p

Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow your fic to be licensed by Nintendo, (only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? This especially goes for Sci-Fi.

Of course! I do have the nasty habit of imagining a story like a movie instead of anything else, and I wouldn't hesitate in allowing them to use it as a guide for a movie! :D

Azurne

The Local Trickster
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    (Yeah yeah I don't have a fic posted here yet, but I will eventually. |D )

No, because although it would be oh-so-tempting to see my fic in movie form, chances are that Nintendo would kill it dead by making it "kid friendly", and since my fics all contain adult-ish themes, it would butcher my story. I would rather keep them in written form and have it viewed like I wanted the audience to see, rather than write what I have and let someone else take creative liberties and kill it dead on screen.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    The writer inside me would cringe at how much they would take out to make it too kid-friendly, but the moneymaker (a far stronger aspect in me) would say OMG OMG YES. :D

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years

No. Even if they didn't filter out the more mature themes of my fictions, I still wouldn't like to see them be made into a movie. They would, most likely, have to cut parts of the story out, and I like to think that every scene in my fictions has some importance to the narration, whether it be foreshadowing or introducing a minor/major character. In addition, I doubt that a director could imitate the atmosphere I try to create in my fictions. I think it would end up being too extreme, one way or the other.

On another note, I'm back for the time being. Hopefully I won't disappear for another nine or ten months again, Lol. However, I'm having some difficulty jotting my ideas down now. I just can't seem to find the right words, and it's beginning to frustrate me. So, should I write a few one-shots to get back in the rhythm of writing, or attack the writer's block head on and try to continue my chaptered fiction? Any advice is appreciated.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • Since Hollywood is generally a diluter of creative literature, would you allow yur fic to be licensed by Nintendo(only if Pokemon related) and made into a movie? Especially Sci-Fi.
    No. Not only is my fic too long, but I don't think it'll be very exciting as a movie.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    On another note, I'm back for the time being. Hopefully I won't disappear for another nine or ten months again, Lol. However, I'm having some difficulty jotting my ideas down now. I just can't seem to find the right words, and it's beginning to frustrate me. So, should I write a few one-shots to get back in the rhythm of writing, or attack the writer's block head on and try to continue my chaptered fiction? Any advice is appreciated.
    I was wondering where you disappeared off to. Welcome back!

Personally, I've found that working on another project helps when I can't think of anything for the fic I'm working on. This is why I tend to keep two/three projects going at a time, so that when I get stuck on one, I can move on to another.

So I'd say write something different. A few one-shots, one one-shot, a new chaptered fic. Whatever. It helps you not worry about the main project, and you can clear your mind to think better.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • On another note, I'm back for the time being. Hopefully I won't disappear for another nine or ten months again, Lol. However, I'm having some difficulty jotting my ideas down now. I just can't seem to find the right words, and it's beginning to frustrate me. So, should I write a few one-shots to get back in the rhythm of writing, or attack the writer's block head on and try to continue my chaptered fiction? Any advice is appreciated.
    You could try jotting down anything that comes to mind on a piece of paper. Anything, that comes to mind.

eg.
    Fish
    Groudon
    Pie
    Tie
    Fire
    Halo

Then, combine all these ideas to come up with new ones.

eg.

Groudon+Fish= Water type genetically enhanced Groudon

Pie+Halo= Flying Pie-like halo over someones head just for lulz

Fire+Fish= You get the idea.

Finally, elaborate. This method has helped me come up with so many (as of now unwritten) ideas. Hope it helps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back