• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Ooh whatcha say? Oh that you only meant well? Well of course you did. Ooh whatcha say? Mmm that it's all for the best? Of course it is. Ooh whatcha say? Ooh that it's just what we need? You decided this. Ooh whatcha say? Ooh what did she say?
    Imogen Heap. Amiright?

How much would your character score in an IQ test?

is the new bolded topic alongside LeSabre's one.

Bay

Years
    Don't know since there are different types of IQ tests. D: I think though Jacob, Bunny, and Jenny would do well since Jacob and Bunny are archeologists while Jenny is a police officer. XD

Ooh whatcha say? Oh that you only meant well? Well of course you did. Ooh whatcha say? Mmm that it's all for the best? Of course it is. Ooh whatcha say? Ooh that it's just what we need? You decided this. Ooh whatcha say? Ooh what did she say?

Oh gawds, I know that song and I love it! *_*

*starts singing Jason's Derulo's Whatcha Say*

I was so wrong for so long
    Only tryin' to please myself (myself)
    Girl, I was caught up in her lust
    When I don't really want no one else
    So, no I know I should of treated you better
    But me and you were meant to last forever

So let me in (let me in) give me another chance (another chance)
    To really be your man
    Cause when the roof cave in and the truth came out
    I just didn't know what to do
    But when I become a star we'll be living so large
    I'll do anything for you
    So tell me girl

Mmmm whatcha say,
    Mmm that you only meant well?
    Well of course you did
    Mmmm whatcha say, (whatcha say)
    Mmmm that it's all for the best?
    Of course it is
    Mmmm whatcha say,
    Mmm that you only meant well?
    Well of course you did
    Mmmm whatcha say, (whatcha say)
    Wha- wha- wha- wha- what did she say

...okay, why is a female (me) singing this song? I'm not the one cheating! D:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Imogen Heap. Amiright?

However did you guess?

Oh gawds, I know that song and I love it! *_*

*starts singing Jason's Derulo's Whatcha Say*

Honestly, Jason's version doesn't appeal to me. Like at all. It's pretty much a rape of the original message of Hide and Seek. Lol, sorry for being so openly opinionated, but yeah.

Hmm. Latias and Latios would be at the high end of the spectrum, probably around 140. Ren would be somewhere between 120 and 130, and Kairn would be right around 100. Mewtwo would probably be a 180 or 190.

Bay

Years
    Honestly, Jason's version doesn't appeal to me. Like at all. It's pretty much a rape of the original message of Hide and Seek. Lol, sorry for being so openly opinionated, but yeah.
    Nah, it's all right. I'm a girl that likes R&B, so yeah. XD; Also, I need to listen to more Imogen Heap. D:

That reminds me of the time I was looking for Colors of the Heart (by Uverworld) on Youtube and came across a female version of the song done by changing the pitch. It was still good though.

Here

Edit: Ninja'd again.
    Google. xD
    I have to say, that is pretty good. :3

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I still typed about half of it and it's more than twice as long as that post so it does count.

And the character limit is...a lot, but the word count put it at 8000-something words, and half of that is still 4000 so THERE.

Happens to me all the time. I spent the afternoon punching refresh instead. Good times. :D
    fine then 4000 word+ post coming up later then.

(Can I double post if it's too long? o3o)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah, you'd be allowed to double post in that case. Even my fic, I am the person who posted it the latest, so I'd make another post, which counts as another one because it was made at a later date.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Wouldn't your fan-fic characters really rather have a Buick? (This is a question about their preferred mode of transportation, BTW)

Casey would not take a Buick, because he would be afraid he would crash it into something and hurt himself/the Buick. He would vouch for walking on foot. Sheridan would be just fine riding one of those, and would probably get a real kick out of it, too. Caro has no idea how to drive a car, so he would use Pokémon transportation instead. Hikaru might use it if he was forced to, but wouldn't know how to use it properly and would also use Pokémon to get places, if he ever felt the need. Juan... well, Juan enjoys giant robots.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    What the hell? I'm actually writing my fic for once? Something must be wrong with me. XD

Anyway, whilst writing, and perhaps as a result of my English course, I've come to realize I can't necessarily make a character of 500 years past say the word "cool", or does it really matter? I mean sure there are a few other ways to saying the same thing, but I don't think people will care about the historical accuracy of English, as opposed, to maybe the setting?

Bay

Years
    What the hell? I'm actually writing my fic for once? Something must be wrong with me. XD

Anyway, whilst writing, and perhaps as a result of my English course, I've come to realize I can't necessarily make a character of 500 years past say the word "cool", or does it really matter? I mean sure there are a few other ways to saying the same thing, but I don't think people will care about the historical accuracy of English, as opposed, to maybe the setting?
    I wouldn't have the character say cool if they're from 500 years past and such. 500 years old I don't think "cool" is being said unless talking about the temperature. *shrugs*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    fine then 4000 word+ post coming up later then.

(Can I double post if it's too long? o3o)

Oh, it is ON.

Though for the record, my longest roleplaying IC posts are longer than my half of that log, so I am far from done yet. ;D

Wouldn't your fan-fic characters really rather have a Buick? (This is a question about their preferred mode of transportation, BTW)

Whether they would or not is a moot point really. I'm enough of an ass not to give them such snazzy toys. My Joy would probably be too focused on angsting about the poor pokémon to care much anyway. XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I wouldn't have the character say cool if they're from 500 years past and such. 500 years old I don't think "cool" is being said unless talking about the temperature. *shrugs*

Haha, okay, I changed the 'cool' bit. Of course because there are tons of words less than 500 years old, I won't bother looking at the rest of my dialogue, so I'll just be sure to use something that I figure isn't modern.

Lol... maybe the dialogue should just be in middle English? XD

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
    Haha, nice one :P
    Sadie and Rena prefer riding their bikes to driving cars, since they love being outside and all. And, they're not old enough to drive yet :O
    Dalton would probably go either way, whatever is more convenient for him at the time.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Oh, it is ON.

Though for the record, my longest roleplaying IC posts are longer than my half of that log, so I am far from done yet. ;D
    Do fanfiction one-shots count? I had to split my Torn when I posted it, because it was more than the 50,000 character limit - nearly 10,000 words.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Doh! So I was doing okay and finished the past part of my fic's chapter, but now I don't feel inclined as much to do the present... >.>

XD

Hopefully tonight then.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years

Well, since Shayla is a vampire she'll probably go well but won't be super-genius smart, mire like average, depending on the questions. She's not really good at school-work and such.

And because I'm bored...

What do you do when you get writers block?

I write oneshots that have something to do with my fic. Like my oneshot "The Hunt" is of when Shayla goes hunting and the one I'm writing now, "Fearing punishment" is of Shayla's past.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Hmmn. Casey would be about average and Caro slightly lower, but that's pretty boring... Sheridan would do quite well, maybe around 120, Hikaru in that same bracket, and Juan even lighter than that (assuming he didn't pick the wrong answers for fun...). Rotom, if he could write English, would probably be about 30. |D

Think.

Think about the story, think about what I want to happen to the story, think about a certain character I am very eager to introduce. Just get myself excited about writing again, and then get myself even more excited about writing the scene in question. Or maybe I could look at the story from a new viewpoint; open a separate document and write on from one of the characters' perspectives or something.

EDIT: Look at this. Satan Mew God THAT PERSON help us. Thank goodness this was back in '00...

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    That video looks older than that X_x Even '96. Seeing as it was about that year that Pokemon started to become popular in North America.

XD

Some people do have ulterior motives than just maintaining a business, but I highly doubt Pokemon is one of them. XD

Plus it would be the parent's fault if the child ended up doing something wrong anyway.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    This question has been asked three times this year. Once by Citrinin, once by Ninja Caterpie, and once by me. XD

Sleep. I'll dream up some new ideas soon enough.

I'm assuming certain characters from TCNG would score above average due to something that I'm not revealing just yet.

EDIT: Look at this. Satan Mew God THAT PERSON help us. Thank goodness this was back in '00...
    That video was in the comedy section. lolwut. In my opinion, like Feign, it's the parents fault if the child does anything wrong anyway. It could be that the child has a disability that prevents him from distinguishing between fantasy and reality. Pokemon is ok, if you don't try to find the hidden meaning(if it's even there) behind the demonic franchise. >:D Hahaha

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years

lol that song. It is right up there next to "Never Gonna Give You Up" in the pantheon of extremely insincere love songs. And I like to consider myself pretty tolerant of autotune, sampling, and mainstream hip-hop/pop in general, so you know it's bad.

Go outside, go outside, go outside. Read. Talk to people. Go outside.

And lo! I can think again. I used to think forcing oneself to write was the solution, and it is a solution, in certain situations, but there's a point at whcih I think you have to actually experience the world for a time in order to be able to write about it again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back