• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
    Years
    When you start writing a fic, do you have the whole thing planed out, or just start typing what ever comes to mind?

For my fic Two of a Kind I had planned every single detail on my journal. But Maggots of Society is a whole different story... I know how it's going to end, I know what will happen to each character, and I have the basic premise...but I haven't planned it as thoroughly as my other fic. ^^;;;

I'm kind of scared of plot holes now. x_x

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Well....I'm going to... *ahem* *sneaks in*
    :) I'm back...But I'm not going to be rebellious this time because setting things on fire is funny...as well as making glass things go crash...xD...

So you've taken a break from writing, and a fairly significant one. You go back and read your fic. What's your first reaction?
    Check the name of the writer. When it's me, I'll just...uh... Oh no! It appears my hack has gone onto the 2nd page! Better be a good little hack-creator an bump the thread!

I think everyone but me missed the joke here (i.e., so embarassed by your own work that you immediately "change the subject" by bumping your hack thread). XD

When you start writing a fic, do you have the whole thing planned out, or just start typing what ever comes to mind?

I find it funny that everyone is so lazy that they copy the whole sentence, misspelling and all. XD

That said, I tried writing "Thief in the Night" with a planned storyline... but that all kind of fell apart because I started to think about what actions Gale would take that were in line with his character. I ended up scrapping virtually every other planned member of the main cast, creating two completely different characters to take the roles of several smaller ones (you've already met the pervy General, and the next character to take the stage will definitely show up in chapter three). In the begginning, I planned it to be an OT story with a twist, but at this point I've scrapped the entire journey fic aspect. Meaning that now I have the desire to write an actual journey fic. *slaps self* But before that, I need to actually finish chapter three...

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    When you start writing a fic, do you have the whole thing planned out, or just start typing what ever comes to mind?

I try to convince myself that my entire fic is nice and planned, but I really come up with the best parts right off the top of my head. I think the most important thing is knowing where the fic is going to go before starting, even if not knowing exactly how it's going to get there.

And now: to make sure this post is long enough: I'm hot and not wearing pants!
    I just had to.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    And now: to make sure this post is long enough: I'm hot and not wearing pants!

-does the thing Stewie did after Brian got it on with Seabreeze-

When you start writing a fic, do you have the whole thing planed out, or just start typing what ever comes to mind?

Well, right now, I'm ditsracted by a nudist.

Guess I'll have to answer later.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years

Nothing is planned out on paper, but I usually have the entire plot in my head. This way, I'm free to make to think of many plotlines without any of them set in stone while also having a good idea of where I want the fic headed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023

Well, depends on the fic. A oneshot, for instance, I'll usually just write from my head and go from there. However, if I'm writing some large, elaborate story full of plot twists and events, I type up a basic plan for it almost always. Maybe even descriptions of the characters, their personalities, and how they develop throughout the whole fic. This kind of thing keeps me focused and on-track, while at the same time allowing me to keep myself interested by throwing in new twists and events as I go along.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years

I loooooove Wizardmon! <3333

Not really...I just figure out a general idea for the story and write through...Um...I believe Stream of Consciousness is the term.
    Sometimes I do plan a lot of stuff out, though...

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years

When I write, I have a beginning, an end, but no middle. That seems to work.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    A break from writing not hacking. :<

No, you got it wrong!
    Thesis got the joke...but it appears the rest of you didn't...

But, to be serious, I would fix it up...

Not really...
    I normally daydream the best parts up...xD -looks around at everyone-

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Looking for someone willing to proof read my chapter a second time before I post them if your interested pleas pm me.

ps, I will do the best to weed all the errors out but I would like someone else to check over them as well.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Looking for someone willing to proof read my chapter a second time before I post them if your interested pleas pm me.

ps, I will do the best to weed all the errors out but I would like someone else to check over them as well.

Send em' over via PM. I'll try to get to them.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years

Whoa, okay, um... I was just thinking about starting this topic. o_o That's... wow. Well, no, it's not fully planned for me. It's go with the flow and usually I can create interesting twists not even I expected. When it's planned, I feel restricted, so I let my mind flurish and go with the flow. ;D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

My first fic was planned out and I made sure each chapter was a page long. -sigh- But, for JaB, I have the main thing of each chapter written down. For example, in chapter one, Silver goes home. The meat of the chapters is where I write what goes through my head, and then when the next chapter rolls around, I have to connect it with the other chapter's meat...if that makes any sense.

As for oneshots, I get ideas for those frequently. I just start writing, and it goes on from there.

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
    Years
    I swear I've answered all these topics before. Probably somewhere else, I guess.

It changes. Originally I planned out the beginning, a couple of key middle points, and the end. Nowadays, I write up fairly large plot summaries of each chapter that goes on for a while. For TEN, I've finished six chapters, got another ten plotted out and got some decent ideas of what will happen for the other ten/twenty chapters.

I find that keeping my plot organized (as mine is so convoluted it's ridiculous) really helps me keep everything in line, although I lose a lot of the spontaneity in having to keep with a fairly strict guideline. Still works better for me than just going with it, though.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

I usually have the first few chapters planned out, as well as the endscene. I've been working on the endscene for the Eon Chronicles since ninth grade.

xD!
    I do that too!
    In the middle of school >.>

Same. I think I've written about half of the E.C. while in class, or at least brainstormed my next chapter to such a degree that I only had to pound it out at home.

I swear I've answered all these topics before. Probably somewhere else, I guess.

No, I think we're pretty much running through the same topics over and over again. We will only break through our laziness and come up with new ones once everyone has posted every topic at least once.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    No one else is coming up with questions, so here is my last one.

If your Fic was made into a movie, what song would you chose to play at the opening, and during the closing credits, and Why? (Have to be different songs.)

I would chose "Stop and Stare" by One Republic for the opening, and "This is Home" by Swichfoot.

Stop and Stare explains the main characters life, and This is Home because it describes what happens in the story, sort of.

Bay

Years
    xD!
    I do that too!
    In the middle of school >.>

Oh boy, me too! I thought of the revised plot of NE during summer school at uni. Instead of studying and waiting for my next class, I wrote down ideas on how to do the story. XD

Speaking of new topics, this should be a fun one:

If your fic(s) is a movie, which actors would play the part of your characters?

EDIT: WHAT THE? KC did another topic? XD Will reply to his and mines later...need to get back polishing up my one shot for this month's challenge. XD

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    If your fic(s) is a movie, which actors would play the part of your characters?

(Main Characters)

Diamond - Shia Labeouf
    Pearl - Jesse Mccartney
    Dawn - Alexa Vega
    Rowan - Tim Curry (with dyed grey hair)
    Riley - Orlando Bloom
    Cyrus - Billy Bob Thornton
    Byron - Tom Cruise
    Candice - Angelina Jolie
    Volkner - Owen Wilson

(Supporting Characters)

Roark - Tobey Maguire
    Gardenia - Sophia Bush
    Maylene - Zhang Jingchu
    Fantina - Monica Bellucci
    Crasher Wake - Paul Wight (AKA The Big Show)
    Saturn - Christian Bale
    Mars - Drew Barrymore
    Jupiter - Kelly Lynch

Phew..

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back