• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime/Manga Rivalry.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
  • What's your favorite anime/manga rivalry? Is it the ever-lasting Naruto vs. Sasuke? Or maybe Light vs. L? Feel free to discuss your favorites here.

Mine, personally, would probably have to be the comedic Maito Gai vs. Kakashi. I honestly cannot resist laughing when these two have an 'intense man battle', as Gai refers to it. They have the silliest of battles, even though they could barely be referred to as such. Haha.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Hmm... I've honestly never thought about it...

Akira and Minoru (Lucky Star) is a pretty epic match up. lol

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I've gotta admit Gai vs. Kakashi is pretty damn funny. As a coulple have mentioned Light V L is awesome. Ichigo vs his inner hollow. Mnemosyne has an ongoing battle over many years between Rin and that assassin woman. Finally Ash vs Gary mother******* Oak.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm fond of these anime rivalries:
    -Yugi vs. Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
    -Naruto vs. Sasuke (Naruto)
    -Ash vs. Gary/Paul (Pokemon)

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Gai vs. Kakashi is always a good time. I also like the Renji vs. Ichigo rivalry in the first two seasons of Bleach.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • SCHNEIZER and REROOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSHA.

No, not Suzaku. He's a Little Beach. Schneizel is /much/ more awesome.

That, or...
    Yomi VS Tomo, a Rivalry of Rivalries
    Tomo VS Chiyo

Reimu VS Mima
    Patchy VS Marisa
    Yuyuko VS Yukari

Hitoshizuku

something shining
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    Also, Akira Toya and Hikaru Shindo (Hikaru No Go).

I wholeheartedly second this. Seriously, Akira vs. Hikaru is the rivalry of the ages in my mind. They just complement each other so well, and I love how they're best friends by the end and keep pushing each other to succeed. (cue more fangirl ranting)

Pokemon-wise, I thought May and Drew were cute, ehehe. And, of course, Ash and Gary; too bad Gary's not around much anymore. -_-

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Ino vs Sakura (Naruto)
    Sasuke vs Naruto (I suppose that's a pretty famous one)

Ino and Sakura have been rivals since they fell in love with Sasuke VS The day Naruto meets Sasuke, and just decides to pick fights with him. Haha, Sasuke, and Naruto's first meet was also a first kiss.

Back