• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Contests?

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
Years
  • I do like watching the Sinnoh Contests; I think they're alright, for the most part. But here's my question, since the Sinnoh Grand Festival concludes Saturday October 8th, what were your favorite Contest battles/performances and Double Battle combinations/performances?

I'll tell you mine very soon. :)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • The May VS Drew match in the Kanto Grand Festival was the greatest battle by a Coordinator. It blows out any match that Sinnoh had or Hoenn had and if you haven't watched it you should. I just feel that it's the most intense battle from Pokémon Contests and it is one of the best Pokémon battles to ever take place in the series.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm not too sure, but I think it'd be May vs. Drew in the Grand Festival, as well as May vs. Dawn in the Wallace Cup. For performances, I'd say the Ice Chandelier done by Dawn's Pachirisu, as well as when Mamoswine would swallow its Ice Shard to give itself icicles on its back.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I liked the May vs. Drew in the Grand Festival, and for some reason, I liked Nando vs. Zoey in the Sinnoh Grand Festival.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    I'll likely have to go with Zoey vs. Nando. Zoey's always been a favorite of mine since she was introduced in this arc of Pokemon... I've kind of pinpointed the episodes she's been in and I think her growth has been pretty awesome. Not to mention, she has a pretty wicked pokemon team in what I've seen so far..

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    I like all of them, tbh. I really liked Dawn vs. Zoey, even though I was extremely annoyed with the outcome.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The May VS Drew match in the Kanto Grand Festival was the greatest battle by a Coordinator.
    ^This~
    It's my actual favourite battle EVER in the series, it wasn't just all moves, there was some Hardcore battles too!

alexander10

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    I'll likely have to go with Zoey vs. Nando. Zoey's always been a favorite of mine since she was introduced in this arc of Pokemon... I've kind of pinpointed the episodes she's been in and I think her growth has been pretty awesome. Not to mention, she has a pretty wicked pokemon team in what I've seen so far..

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Hmm In this Grand Festival I liked Zoey V.S Nando the best which is odd cuz they should have put more of an effort in the Dawn V.S Zoey one but oh wells. For me I'd say the AG ones were better, they had more intresting characters in contests and the Grand Festival. Plus May got to battle more rivals than Dawn did than, all Dawn got to battle were the ones she already did, for AG yah gotta say May V.S Drew was awesome.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Zoey vs Nando. I love how the battle turned out. I can watch it again and a again if I want to. The battle was intense and I love the final part of the battle as well. I also like May vs Drew. Those battles always got me hooked.

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
  • I agree with most of you that my favorite battle was between Zoey and Nando.

Favorite first rounds:

Jessilina - Carnivine/Seviper (Daybreak)
    Jessilina - Yanmega (Chocovine)
    Jessilina - Mime Jr. (Sandalstraw)
    Ursula - Wormadam (Chocovine)

Favorite battles:
    Dawn vs. Ursula - (Daybreak)
    Zoey vs. Nando - (Grand Festival)

Favorite combos:
    Mamoswine's swallowing its own Ice Shard
    Plusle and Minun's Encore
    Pachirisu and Mamoswine's Ice Chandelier
    Kricketune's Bug Buzz and Lopunny's jumping ability
    Leafeon's Aerial Ace and Mismagius's Psywave
    Yanmega's Silver Wind with Seviper's Poison Tail

*These are right off the top of my head, so there are possibly more of my faves.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    may vs drew in the grand festival easy. Also ash vs. May when they tied t the end of the BF

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah....Ash vs. May

I just wish they would have another battle like that in Sinnoh....except a double battle...although it would be problematic to make it even as Dawn's pokemon are un-evolved fail, IMO, except for Mamoswine.

But I do think that Sceptile vs. Blaziken was the best battle they showed, I only wish we had a Swampert in there at some point (dammit Brock!). I loved the ending, because it basically meant Ash was still a better battler, which is how it should be, as Sceptile had a type dis-advantage.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Yeah....Ash vs. May

I just wish they would have another battle like that in Sinnoh....except a double battle...although it would be problematic to make it even as Dawn's pokemon are un-evolved fail, IMO, except for Mamoswine.

But I do think that Sceptile vs. Blaziken was the best battle they showed, I only wish we had a Swampert in there at some point (dammit Brock!). I loved the ending, because it basically meant Ash was still a better battler, which is how it should be, as Sceptile had a type dis-advantage.
    ash had a much beeter battle then may, he should have won. It was epc when Blazekin went blaze and sceptile overgrow.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I'll have to agree with most people here, that May vs. Ash and May vs. Drew were really awesome battles. But still I prefer May vs. Ash because, how often do you get to see two protagonists battle?

Back