• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite female protagonist?

Who's your favorite female protagonist?

• Total voters

Jalsy

RESET
Years
  • I like any female lead characters in POkemon,but I always prefer Misty..
    -> she's one of Ash's original companions
    -> she's a great character *for me*
    -> and the way she had been through in the series..

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I always preferred May over Misty. Whaaaaa! Misty fans! RUN!!!
    And it's too early for me to judge Iris. Not to mention that I can't understand a word of Japanese either. .-.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Yeah, I think it's too early for me to judge on Iris as well. I used to be a diehard Misty fan, but looking back now I don't think Misty really contributed much to the show after the first 30 or so episodes. She was just another person to say "Look at that!" or "What do you mean?" or "Why is that?". May on the other hand was vibrant, fun, had more of a backstory, had her own dreams and ambitions that really came out in the show. She's more on par with Ash in terms of importance, whereas Misty was about Tracey-level, ie, pretty ignorable. Dawn... Dawn I just plain didn't like. She was irritating and cutesy, and not a very fun character. She is what I think Misty would have ended up as had she been given more attention in the show.

So yeah, my vote definitely goes to May.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I liked Dawn and Iris, so it was hard to choose between the two but as of now I choose Iris. I know we've only had seven episodes of the girl but I've been really enjoying her. Dawn's my second favorite now, followed by May.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I think for me it's Misty. I like her character very much – on one hand she is very strong and proud, on the other hand she is very caring and sensitive. With her kind of unpredictable personality came some really funny moments throughout the show. I kind of miss moments like that.

May had a good character development from selfish to caring but I still don't like her too much.

Dawn is the one who's appearance I like best. She has a really sweet character. Unfortunately she was always just sweet and therefore very predictable and kind of boring.

I can't say much about Iris, yet. I like her so far but she didn't show too much of herself in the first episodes. Based on what I've seen so far I think she could become a very strong and unique character. It would be a pitty if they'd make her nothing more than a Misty-clone. (But I'd sure like to see Iris and Misty meeting)

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • Hmm..I really liked all of the female protagonists. They sort of all had their own pros and cons. But, if I had to choose, I would probably pick May. I loved watching her character development throughout the series.

It's only been about 6-7 episodes or so of Best Wishes, so we can't really judge Iris yet. However, I do like what I've seen of Iris so far. She seems like she'll be a bit different from the other girls.

Guest123_x1

Although I have never seen any episodes with Dawn, she does come in second for me-she's really cute!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Guess who I voted for?

No really! Guess!

Who's the girl that tops 'em all? Huh? Who's the cutest and sexiest?

Huh? Did you guess :D SPOILER ALERT:

Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I voted Dawn but I really, really, really like Iris. I just didn't vote for her because I haven't seen her in enough episodes yet, so i'll wait!

As for Dawn, short skirt

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I like Misty , i mean come one , look at her outfit and design , what more can you get? Also every main character needs a girlfriend , in Satoshis case it's Misty hehe (BTW she REALLY is 10 years old?! She looks older than that)

Update

I never heard of Iris/seen Iris yet

Last edited:

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • I voted for May, because she actually has some form of intelligence compared to the others; apart from Iris. I haven't have enough time to judge Iris yet. :3

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • (BTW she REALLY is 10 years old?! She looks older than that)
    I never heard of Iris/seen Iris yet

Yeah the English dub version never stated that she was 10 years old. Actually the first time they met Misty says to Ash "Nah its just a kid" maybe referring that she might have been a little older than him. She also already had Pokemon of her own and was taller :p.

Iris is from the new series of Pokemon called Best Wishes.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • May has to be my favourite because of her character development throughout the Hoenn season, she changed like a normal person would, it was more of a realistic character for me. Misty I did like, in fact, I adored her at one point to the area were I wanted to be Misty, but after watching the Pokemon Series again, I watched May's progress throughout it and saw her be the one who only wanted a Pokemon just to travel for her own needs to become someone who became a brilliant Pokemon co-ordinator. She was a intelligent character too yet was pretty fun with large ambitions. She after that became the character I wanted to be more than I did Misty.

Misty. I did like her personality, she was the strong, caring tomboy who I could relate to being like myself in certain aspects. But to me she was a sideline protagonist who never really showed much, she always seemed more of a comic relief type character to me, it was like have Brock doubled at times. The whole "She was the original protagonist she is the only one who could ever be there" isn't what I believe, the more developed ones are better to me as it is developed, basically, added more onto it making it more entertaining. The originals are good, but moving on is good too.

Dawn, eh, I never liked her as much as the other two. She seemed to be too predictable compared to Misty's unpredictable personality and May's wild ambition that could have turned at any points. If they had given her something unique like the other two and less girly, I would have liked Dawn more. Sinnoh never did seem to gain my attention as much as Hoenn and Kanto/Jonto did.

Iris hasn't been shown enough for me to put as a favourite neither as a one I dislike, more episodes are needed for this, but so far I'm enjoying her character.

Back