• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite normal type of gen 2?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Smeargle is my choice, even with its baby tier stats, learning every move in the game is just too cool. It's also cute, like most gen 2 pokemon.

Porygon2 is second place, it's an adorable, artificial duck. Kind of looks like a balloon animal too. The design is great and later with eviolite it's quite the tank.

Years
  • Blissey is one of my favorite normal type. I find her pretty and it's so cute she gets to be a nurse.

Back then when generation 6 did not exist, Togetic was known as a normal type pokemon and was also my favorite normal type. Now that generation 6 came out, he is now considered as a fairy type pokemon.

Years
    • Seen today
    My favorite is Ursaring. I have fun using it and it's very appealing to me. I once got lucky and had one with Pokerus

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2018
    Smeargle is my choice, even with its baby tier stats, learning every move in the game is just too cool. It's also cute, like most gen 2 pokemon.

Porygon2 is second place, it's an adorable, artificial duck. Kind of looks like a balloon animal too. The design is great and later with eviolite it's quite the tank.

Aipomz.

Also, I agree that Porygon2 is boss, especially with Evolite when it can tank with only one weakness and still hit back hard with a high special Attack.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ummm... maybe Miltank? Was definitely "the strongest" (not necessarily, but implied!) back in the day... even though I never used one lmao

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Smeargle or Furret c: I never used them in the games but they are so cute and Smeargle is such a cool idea.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2018
    Smeargle or Furret c: I never used them in the games but they are so cute and Smeargle is such a cool idea.

Even a hardcore Smeargle fan can admit that the Pokemon has disgusting stats.

However, the ability to learn every move in the game makes it a godsend in the breeding department.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Even a hardcore Smeargle fan can admit that the Pokemon has disgusting stats.

However, the ability to learn every move in the game makes it a godsend in the breeding department.

Why are you dissing Smeargle for its bad stats? It's good at being a suicide lead and baton pass teams too not just breeding. It's not a bad pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Imo having normal stats would be weird. It's supposed to be gimmicky - like Delibird :)

Years
  • For pure Normal-type it's Aipom. I like it's design and used one in my first run of Silver.
    For dual-types, it's Noctowl mostly because of the anime. But I never had shiny one.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2018
    Why are you dissing Smeargle for its bad stats? It's good at being a suicide lead and baton pass teams too not just breeding. It's not a bad pokemon.

I wasn't dissing Smeargle. In fact, I like Smeargle. I was just being honest. Bad stats are bad stats and Smeargle has bad stats.

However, it does have the best movepool of any Pokemon by default. Plus, this moveset (Which only Smeargle can learn) is a lethal set up on an opponent: Spider Web, Spore, Mind Reader/Lock-On, Sheer Cold/Fissure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    Ummm... maybe Miltank? Was definitely "the strongest" (not necessarily, but implied!) back in the day... even though I never used one lmao

Use one! I just one shotted all the Eeveelutions in the Kamino girl place with strength. I love my Miltank! With rollout and Awakenings, Morty was a piece of cake.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Hmm, tough question.

With Cleffa being fairy now, I think I have to go with...

latest

Teddiursa. I've grown quite fond of the little bear in the last while.

Shout out to Miltank!

Back