• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon movie?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Pokemon the first movie was my favorite!

My name is Bernardo and I have watch all of the Pokemon movies

Do you have a favorite pokemon movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I rewatched the first and second movies recently and I liked the second movie more. The first movie is really only memorable for the part where Ash is turned to stone and revived by the Pokemon's tears. The second movie had more of a story and it had several great moments.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I will stick with the movies for this, as there is too many parts in the Pokemon Series to list.

I will be fairly honest, in my opinion, The First Movie was probably one of the worst movies there is. Pokemon 3 and 4Ever being 2 of the worst. It went to fast and I just didn't like it that much and I have been around from the start. My only favorite and most memorable part of the movie is during the massive fight where Brother My Brother plays and Ash turns to stone.

For me, the best movies were the Hoenn Movies and 2000. Manaphy, Jirachi, and Lucario. Those are by far my favorite. Not only are Manaphy and Jirachi just good story wise, they also focused on May and Max. None of the movies focus on other characters, but Ash, but Ash still saves the the day. 2000 was just an extremly epic movie. 4 Legends fighting it out like crazy, almost destroying the entire Orange Islands. And Lucario just had an extremely good story in my opinion.

And I also loved the Hoopa movie. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I loved seeing all of the Legends battling in a Royal Rumble. Lugia kinda got screwed, which was the downside of the movie. But seeing Ash command Rayquaza, Latios and Latias at the same time was just amazing to me.

Heroes was another good movie. But the flow kinda hurt it for me. Although I did like it. And honestly, there was hardly a real story, at least not to me.

I liked the 4th Gen movies as well, but they all suffered because they were focusing too much on the Legendary Pokemon alone and didn't really have any development for character like the Manaphy and Jirachi movie did.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    I have to disagree on The first movie being one of the worst, and definitely disagree on Pokemon 3. Pokemon 3 dealt with real emotions of neglect and desire. To cherish what is in front of you. Its also the film imo to give Ash the most proactive reason for being involved, while giving Brock and Misty some showcase in the process. Its easily in the top 3 best films for me alongside Lucario Mystery of Mew and Rise of Darkrai.

The first movie I'd place around the middle. On one hand the plots a little shaky, but on the other we get what is imho one of the best antagonist in the pokemon series.

Years
  • Let's keep this discussion to favorite Pokémon movies, since we already have a thread on your favorite Pokémon anime series (movies excluded).

I loved the Entei movie! It is so good. Probably my most rewatched also, I even watched the Russian dub when I was visiting family in Russia lol. So many memories. It had a great plot, awesome music, and really lovely characters.. I loved Molly and Entei.

I've a weakness for the original few movies it seems. Also was a huge fan of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Would like to rewatch Celebi's movie sometime as well.. that one was dark and would probably still give me goosebumps. Plus young Oak! <3

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • For me, the best movies were the Hoenn Movies and 2000. Manaphy, Jirachi, and Lucario. Those are by far my favorite. Not only are Manaphy and Jirachi just good story wise, they also focused on May and Max. None of the movies focus on other characters, but Ash, but Ash still saves the the day. 2000 was just an extremly epic movie. 4 Legends fighting it out like crazy, almost destroying the entire Orange Islands. And Lucario just had an extremely good story in my opinion.

And I also loved the Hoopa movie. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I loved seeing all of the Legends battling in a Royal Rumble. Lugia kinda got screwed, which was the downside of the movie. But seeing Ash command Rayquaza, Latios and Latias at the same time was just amazing to me.

I agree so much with a lot of this that I probably couldn't have said it better myself! Adding to the Manaphy movie, I absolutely LOVED the climax when Ash flipped his hat as he began to head back to the center of the drowning temple, with the song "As Long as I Can Hold My Breath" playing in the background. Like omg, that part always hits me so hard with the feels, haha.

I also adored the Victini movie to death! Victini was super cute, and it had a depressing backstory. I almost cried at the ending scene in the Zekrom version of the movie, probably because of this music combined with Ash lamenting over VIctini... ;_;

Oh, and I have a very strong feeling that the Volcanion/Magearna movie is going to be one of my favorites. I haven't seen it yet, but the soundtrack, ending theme, and trailers are all giving me major goosebumps. xP

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Thank you all for posting it amazing how we are all cross the world from each other and are talking about Pokemon. I grew up watch all of the tv show and movies..

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
        My favorite movie is the one with Darkrai, Dialga and Palkia, the 10th movie if I remember correctly, pretty awesome in my opinion, the build up, the climax pleased me more than any other Pokemon movie :)

Years
  • My favourite movies are:Movie 3 spell of the Unown - Entei.
    Movie 10 the rise of Darkrai.
    Movie 11 Giratina and the shy warrior.
    All these movies have great stories and animations.

Guest123_x1

My all-time favorite Pokémon movie is the first-Mewtwo Strikes Back. Not only did it have such a thrilling story centered on Mewtwo, I even remember the intense hype surrounding its US dub theatrical release back in 1999 (and it having a big opening surpassed quickly afterwards by Toy Story 2-when I went to see that film, I thought the long lines at the movies were for the Pokémon movie.)

One would think, though, that given my long-time Molly Hale theme, that Spell of the Unown would be on top of my list, I will say that were it not for that cute little girl antagonist, the entire film would be a bore.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Probably Rise of Darkrai, because it's the only one I can remember enough of to vaguely remember the plot. Temple of the Sea was also pretty good, as was Destiny Deoxys (despite no Speed Form).

The movie's aren't exactly thrilling masterpieces come to think of it, but you can still have fun watching certain ones.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    I've been watching all the episodes (and movies) in order starting from the first one, and I just finished watching the third movie. I'd probably say the second movie was my favourite so far, just because it was really cool and action packed, but the third one had the best story and reasoning for Ash being involved. My only problem with the first movie is the ending, it just felt like it ruined any character development (apart from mewtwo of course). still love them all tho, just as good as any movies imo

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • The Latios and Latias one is one of my favorites. I feel like Pokemon movies always follow the same formula, so I really have to pick an older one with nostalgia to make it stand out. I dunno.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • My all time favourite movie is Spell of the Unown.

I watched Lucario and the Mystery of Mew over a month ago and I forgot how good it was as I haven't watched it since 2008 and it's now my favourite Advanced Generation movie.

Back