• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Fire

Which are your favorite Fire types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Ponyta, Cyndaquil, and Torchic

Ponyta because she's awesome, and in my opinion the only worthwhile Fire-type in Sinnoh. And ponies are adorable, and Rapidash is a majestic unicorn.

Cyndaquil because I love Quilava. He's a fire ferret! Cute little weasel!

Torchic because he's a kickboxing fire chicken! That is literally the definition of awesome! Hmmm... Kickboxing Fire Chicken... good name for a rock band.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My most favorite is easily the Vulpix line. Vulpix is an amazingly cute Pokémon in itself; it's small, cuddly, and very innocent-looking. These are exactly what I look for in pets, personally, haha. If I ever had such a thing in real life, I'd keep it with me whenever possible, even outdoors.

As for Ninetales, competitively, it could be very helpful. It's got Drought ability, which other than Mega Charizard Y and Groudon, none other Pokémon seem to have. This is one thing that makes it so special. Plus, it's also got access to a ton of fire-type attacks in its arsenal that it's able to take good advantage of, making it even better. It could make an amazing asset for almost any sun team.

My second favorite line is Larvesta and Volcarona. Like above, latter is also pretty good at battling. After one use of Quiver Dance, it would be ready to sweep your opponent in an instant. I've used this Pokémon plenty of times before, and it has never ceased to make me impressed; it's generally very, very fun to utilize. Volcarona is one-of-a-kind Pokémon.

Years
  • I was main stream and went for the Charizard line.

Also, I picked Darmanitan though as well. When I played those Showdown servers, scarfed Darm was a beast.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I voted for Charizard, Houndoom, Victini, and Chandelure.

Charizard actually holds a lot of special meaning to me - much of which, despite my having started with Yellow, originates from the Charizard I owned in Emerald. Though Charizard is one of my most memorable Pokemon from Yellow. I also have one in X that I love disproportinately compared to my other Pokemon.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The Chandelure line gets the honour of being my only vote. Litwick's adorable, Lampent's...well, Lampent, and Chandelure is my favourite Fire and Ghost type Pokemon. It hits really hard, has a cool appearance, and has an amazing typing.

While there are others that I like, Chandelure and its pre-evolutions just shine to me more than the others.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Voted for Ho-oh, Blaziken, Delphox, Darmanitan and Volcarona. Also voted for ?.

I'd like to give my ? vote to Numel & Camerupt.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I voted for Talonflame, since it's my favourite early-game bird, hits hard and despite its quad-weakness to stealth rock, it's awesome in OU. I would have gone for Heatran, but it looks historically ugly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    - Vulpix/Ninetales: I just love foxes and I think these two represent the fox category very well. Vulpix is adorable and Ninetales is very elegant.

- Rapidash: It's a fire unicorn like it doesn't get that much better than that!! It literally has just struck me that Rapidash would be so cute as fire/fairy omg xoxox

- Flareon: 4ever my favorite eeveelution/possibly my favorite fire Pokemon ever

- Blaziken: This is like a love at first sight Pokemon for myself. I thought Torchic was adorable and didn't see Treecko or Mudkip as anything that could compare. When my Torchic finally became a Blaziken (I had no idea what it would end up looking like at the time) I thought it was the coolest looking starter. It ended up being a great Pokemon and one that I used throughout Hoenn almost every time I played.

- Delphox: I see Delphox as the special form of Blaziken. I feel like if Delphox had been switched out into Hoenn or if Delphox just somehow came out when I was younger I probably would of loved it and abused the crap out of it. Regardless of it not being that amazing in battle I think its design and concept are wonderful and I really enjoy it.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I voted for charmander, vulpix, moltres and flareon. All of these pokemon i used frequently on play throughs when i was younger, and hold a special place in my heart :P

Last edited:

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Vulpix forever!

I was so happy when I saw this poll, and completely ecstatic when I saw that Vulpix was on the list! It bugged me a bit to see Vulpix and Ninetails grouped, since I don't like Ninetails at all (I never let my Vulpix evolve!) but I understand that there are only so many poll options available, and a lot of people prefer Ninetails over Vulpix.

Anyway, I'll send my vote along for each poll and I will hope for a miracle so I can see Vulpix win!

Sirfetch’d

I could have voted for a bunch here but the Torchic line gets my vote! Torchic is just adorable and Blaziken is a very special Pokemon in my heart because of how much I used it in Pokemon Ruby.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I guess I don't like Fire types as much as I thought I did, because it was hard to choose something other than just Blaziken haha. Anyways, I voted for Blaziken, Chandelure, and Volcorona.

Blaziken got a vote because it is part of my favorite starter line and was the first second-stage starter that I ever got. Its mega form is my favorite of all the megas (in terms of design) and some really cool Trainers in the anime have one, like May, Harrison, Meyer, and Rafe.

Chandelure got a vote because it's actually a useful Pokémon in the games and is also one of my favorite Ghost types. Litwick influenced the vote for being one of the creepiest Pokémon in the anime :P

Last but not least, Charizard. I think everyone likes Charizard for all the same reasons haha, so I don't need to explain myself :P

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • Is going the Charmander line, Flareon, Moltres, Entei, the Torchic line, the Fennekin line and the fire members of the Fletchling line too much? I hope not as they're my votes...

Years
  • There are five I chose here:

Magmortar - I don't know, something about this one I really like, maybe the fact that it's a human torch like thingy that can learn Electric-type attacks, haha. Not a very original reason, I know.

Typhlosion - Definitely my favorite Fire-type starter, one i've enjoyed for a long time, given its Speed and strength, and the fact that it can use STAB Eruption makes it pretty tasty.

Houndoom - One of my three favorite Pokémon ever, up with Lapras and Scolipede. I don't need to explain this one.

Chandelure - Very strong, Fire/Ghost typing makes perfect sense and it hits super hard.

Delphox - I actually like this one, Fennekin's evolution line is really nice and some people give the final evolution flack but it's really cool to me.

I also feel bad for poor Emboar, I mean it's not my all-time favorite but I feel it's really under-appreciated. ):

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Magcargo all the way! Why isn't he in here lol. Anyway, my vote goes to him and Typhlosion because of Gen II feels.

Back