• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Flying

Which are your favorite Flying types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    (are we saving bug/flying for the bug category? I'm guessing yes)

- Spearow/Fearow: From what I remember they had such an unglamorous role in the anime, but I found them to be so enjoyable in the games. Drill Peck 4ever.

- Doduo/Dodrio: Probably my favorite bird of the first generation. Love the speed and I love the high attack also DRILL PECK.

- Zubat/Golbat/Crobat: Annoying to encounter, but great to have on your side. Golbat alone I found very usable so to then get Crobat who is even more usable is like a blessing you didn't need or ask for. I really like them and I find them to be a great flying type not a bird alternative.

- Murkrow/Honchkrow: It's a mafia boss bird like what can you not like about it. Decided to try Murkrow out in Diamond and I dominated a good portion of the game with just Honchkrow I loved it so much.

- Vullaby/Mandibuzz: I love vultures so I am a bit biased in liking them so much, but after using them I found them to be a lot of fun too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ho-oh is king.

No okay, I actually voted for Pidgeot and Noibat too. I always liked Pidgeot, the original and best bird pokémon imo. It's elegant and not too cartooney like the Sinnoh line for example. Noibat is pure cuteness and its evolution is like a much cooler version of Aerodactyl :3 I really like what they did there.

But Ho-oh is best legendary. Or one of the best, at least. I don't want to call it the phoenix pokémon, because imo Moltres fills that role. But I suppose it's something like that, but also just elegance in a cartooney enough way that hasn't really been done in any pair of legendaries since Johto. After them, suddenly there were just big monsters everywhere. Though Yveltal and Xerneas are finally pretty good again :3 But I digress!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh gosh I love flying types a lot I could have easily picked like half of them. But in the end I limited myself to Togetic/Togekiss, Lugia, Swablu line, Fletchling Line, and Hawlucha. Each for their own reasons, of course, but I'm kinda too lazy to explain. But in general all of these would have to be among my top favorite Pokemon especially Togekiss and Altaria who are simply amazing and would have to be my top two out of this top five hahah.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I voted for a whole bunch, including Lugia, Ho-oh, Togekiss, Zapdos, Gliscor, Braviary and Crobat, which is not on the list. Why is Crobat not on the list? /cries

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When X/Y were first revealed, I liked Noivern because of its design and considered including it in my X/Y team, but I didn't include it in the end because of how late in the game Noibat came.

In terms of past Pokemon, it's Aerodactyl; I had fun using one in my LeafGreen playthrough.

Sirfetch’d

Another hard week, but I voted for Altaria! One of my favorites to use and I'm even more of a fan of it's mega evolution. I can't wait to use this guy on my team in ORAS!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I voted for Altaria, Noctowl, and Noivern.

Altaria is one of my favorite Flying types because it looks like a cloud is was always one of the Pokémon that I really wanted back when I first played Sapphire. Drake used one, which made it even cooler :P Also Mega Altaria is one of my favorite Megas in terms of design.

Ash's shiny Noctowl was really neat and it was featured in some really great episodes. I like Noctowl's hypnotic abilities and how it can make people look like fools. I often use Noctowl in the Johto games because it's easy to obtain and is useful for flying around the regions.

Last but not least, Noivern. Noivern was one of the Pokémon that made an appearance in the anime before the games were released, so I was biased to like Noivern before I even got to use it in a game. It's powerful and quick, making it useful in battles.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Drifloon is my favourite flying type Pokémon! It's so cute and I love how creepy some of its Pokédex entries are. (Mostly the ones about kidnapping children who grab onto them like balloons.)

Years
  • I've had plenty of good memories using Lugia in Gold, but my (main) vote goes to Murkrow. A solid member of my Dark-type party that I've been using the last few games.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Voted for the Rufflet/Talonflame/Noivern families.

Rufflet I've just grown attached to because I'm not sure why.

Talonflame is amazing and epic and I just enjoy it.

And Noivern is basically the sexiest pokémon ever and Noibat is freaking adorable.

Years
  • There are four I picked:

Gligar/Gliscor - Flyscorpio Pokémon is cool and bulky, I would like it more if it wasn't so annoying competitively though.

Skarmory - Metal bird, Spikes and utility, very cool stuff to use both in-game and competitively. It was overpowered in Gen III competitive but it's still nice here.

Swablu/Altaria - One that feels unloved, but it has plenty of things to use such as Dragon Dance, Cotton Guard, and a Mega Evolution incoming? Not to mention it's the Challenges forum mascot.

Rufflet/Braviary - AMERIKUH!! Nuff said :P But in all seriousness this is one I quite like for its strength, and it's a patriotic bird which rocks.

Honorable mention goes to Pidove's evolution line, if only because of Grus from my White 2 Wedlocke, which lasted a long way but met her somewhat timely demise at the end.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Zapdos has always been my favorite legendary. He was my first choice. c:

Then Togetic and Altaria because they're adoooorable. <3
    I've never actually used either in-game, there's never enough space in my party for another flying type, so I just admire from afar, lol.

I always had Noctowl as my main flying type in second gen because it was the closest (and easiest early on) that I had to a Flying/Psychic match-up. Also because it's an owl. I like owls. c:
    Sure, there was an alternative, but I've just never really cared for Natu/Xatu.

Other honorable mentions go to Charizard, Salamence, and Swanna. :)

Years
  • Wow, despite having a great turnout this week, it looks like we've ended up with a three-way tie for first place! That leaves me to make the tie-breaking vote, and send one family of Pokemon to the finale.

Based on the results throughout the week, and because they were soaring over the competition until the bitter end, Fletchling, Fletchinder and Talonflame will be declared the winners of the tie-breaker! Because it was a three-way tie though, Pidgey, Pidgeotto and Pidgeot along with Togetic and Togekiss will all be swooping in to one of the wildcard polls before the finale.

If you haven't already, have a quick look to see who won the Electric type poll, and then make your way over to the Ice and Poison type polls to submit your votes for this week!

Back