• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Grass

Which are your favorite Grass types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
  • This was a very weird poll in that it made me realise that I like Grass types a lot more than I thought I did- I selected over half of the options.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    Little little flowers, I love your Petal Power, and how I adore thee, my itty-little Celebi!

I also voted for Shaymin and Leafeon :P

Last edited:

applemonster

Forum Lurker...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I selected other. My favourite Grass is Sunflora!
    A funny little flower that makes me grin whenever i am reminded of Plants vs. Zombees

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Only voted for a few Pokemon this time - mainly two starters - Snivy/Servine/Serperior and Chespin/Quilladin/Chestnaught -

my main vote goes to Leafeon, my most favorite grass type Pokemon

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Despite me being in love with Bulbasaur and Chikorita, I don't quite care as much for their evolutions. So I didn't put my vote in for them :)

Mine instead went to Celebi and Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught. Celebi might be my favorite legendary, for its powers and cute looks. Chespin was a refreshing change from the reptile grass starters and making its final form Grass/Fighting was really nice!

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • I usually don't vote for two Pokemon, but I like them both so much, so... Meh.

I think it's pretty obvious that Bulbasaur's one of my favourite Pokemon. I've been waiting for the day since the FRLG era that the Bulbasaur line would see competitive use - and what better to rise to fame than with a Mega Evolution. Everything about it was done right. The ability for MVenu, the designs, and the non-shiny color scheme. It's shiny color scheme and Ivysaur is quite the letdown, though.

Celebi has a wonderful design, and I don't think more needs to be said. As with most other legendaries, it's faring well in UU-OU due to nice base 100 stats all around and access to a variety of boosting moves, support moves and offensive moves like Leaf Storm and Heal Bell, allowing it to take on a multitude of roles and contributing to it's unpredictability.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I apparently like grass-types a lot more than I thought I did: I ended up voting for Breloom, Shaymin, Snivy, Treecko and its evolutions, Virizion, Meganium, Roselia, Leafeon, and Torterra.

Years
  • There are several Grass-types I really like, but Roserade is still #1 for me, between not only its cool design (whipped cream hair and red and blue hands, anyone?), but the fact that it hits very hard with its great Special Attack stat.

But other than that, I like Ludicolo, Torterra, Serperior, Whimsicott, Ferrothorn and Chesnaught as well for separate reasons.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I like a lot of Grass types, so I won't bother mentioning them all. But I'll at least mention Serperior 'cause it's my favorite Grass type as well as my favorite starter. :v

I'll mention the ones I voted for Others: Sawsbuck, Leavanny, Cradily and Breloom. :>

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • My picks are Venusaur, Celebi, Sceptile, Leafeon, Shaymin, Whimsicott, and Lilligant, with my most favourite being Leafeon. I haven't used any of those in battle before though.

Nakala Pri

I voted: Turtwig, Chespin, Bulbasaur, Virizion, Petilil, Cherubi, Skiploom and Roserade.

I generally don't like Grass types but these guys have been my favourites for about... ages. 8'0

These little guys, however, are freaken adorable and I love them. :D

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Oh man, one of my favorite types! Mostly because I love the color green. :3 In order:

Whimsicott - So cute! Currently in my top 10.
    Ivysaur - I really began appreciate this pokemon after using her a lot in SSB Brawl, and it's in my top 10. I really like its color scheme.
    Torterra - My very first starter pokemon. :) I really like the idea of a pokemon being being based on the myth/belief that the world is on a turtle's back. He seems really brutal at first, but then you learn how he's a very gentle giant who lets pokemon sleep in his tree. How cute is that? I also really like that my very first pokemon happened to represent both my 2 favorite types.
    Shroomish/Breloom: I really like how Shroomish is cute in an ironic way. He looks so grumpy and yet he's in the Fairy breeding group. He's allowed in things like the Sinnoh's Amity Garden where only cute pokemon were allowed to walk in. Formerly a top 10. Breloom is also a really jolly pokemon who I voted for in the fighting poll. You still have a chance, Breloom!
    Leafeon: My favorite eeveelution. Eeveelutions rock. Grass types are rock. Therefore Leafeon is awesome!!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • omg so many to choose! I voted for:

Bulbasaur line - not much to say. They're not my favourite Kanto starters but I still love them to bits.

Oddish line - one of my favourite Pokemon lines, and Vileplume is one of my favourite Pokemon as well. So cuute <3

Bellsprout line - see above, but replace Vileplume with Victreebel :P I love James' Victreebel from the anime haha.

Chikorita line - sah cuute. Again not my favourite Johto starter but I still adore it.

Hoppip line - Jumpluff is probably my favourite Pokemon so this one was a no brainer. They're pretty good in battle (in-game at least) and are adorable.

Lotad line - I really like Ludicolo, and the line as a whole is really interesting and different.

Whimsicott line - one of my favourite evolutionary families from Unova. I've never actually owned a Whimsicott (never traded for one, and I owned White and W2) but I still love its design.

Lilligant line - Lilligant is probably my favourite Gen V Pokemon. Powerful and a cool design too.

I'd also vote for:

Paras line - again one of my favourite Kanto lines. So adorable although Parasect and what it's based on is a bit creepy.

Cacnea line - I guess part of why I love this line is because of James' Cacnea in the anime. Solid team member in Ruby back in the day!

Carnivine - Hmmm I've just realised that I seem to really like a lot of James' Pokemon...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I think I'll skip reasoning my votes, because I adore all of them.

Whimsicott, Celebi and Leafeon still remain my top three favourite, though!

Years
  • Not gonna lie, i LOVE gen 1, so Venusaur gets my vote. Oh and also Celebi, i like that little thing.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Since Cherrim is, quite obviously (I hope), my favourite Pokémon of all time, it gets my vote. It's been my favourite for about 7 years now (whoa??) and it still fills me with so much joy every time I see it somewhere. It's adorable, it has an interesting transformation gimmick, and even if it kind of really sucks in use, I always have one on my team as soon as possible.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Brendino you should edit this poll so that Tropius, Shiftry, and Ludicolo all get an extra vote pls :D:D

Tropius is a banana tree dinosaur which is the epitome of awesome lmao. The Nanab Berry or whatever is on its neck is a nice touch. Everyone loves Ludicolo because of Miror B. and its sense of rhythm, and also that it's a duck tree lily pad pineapple thing wearing a sombrero. Shiftry is a shifty tree with a cool cry, which is awesome.

Back