• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Steel

Which are your favorite Steel types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I like Aegislash (it's fun to use), Scizor (its Mega Evolution looks awesome) and Excadrill (my favorite Unova Pokemon).

Years
  • Magnemite, Aron, and Genesect.

I've always thought Magnemite was cool. He was my favorite Electric type in G1, and Magnezone just made him that much cooler. I always thought Magnezone would be a cool, logical scientist, like Shockwave.

I'll admit, I never played the GBA games. But RedChocobo got me hooked on Aron and his line. And a little steel dude that goes around eating metal is hilarious to me.

As for Genesect? He's just weird, but cool. A weird Bug robot, millions of years old, who is the ultimate fighting machine. Part Soundwave, part Dalek, he's just bizarre enough to attract attention.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I voted for Skarmory, Aggron, Metagross, Dialga, Genesect, and Lucario.

All of them have excellent designs, but shoutout to Aggron for being super badass. Why, you could say that it's the most...

(•_•) , ( •_•)>⌐■-■ , (⌐■_■)

...metal Pokemon ever.

YEEEEAAAAAH!

Years
  • Scizor, Metagross, and Aegislash.

Metagross because it's cool looking, has nice moves, and a really nice looking shiny. Same with Aegislash. As for Scizor it's mega looks bad ass as anything, and can really pack a bullet punch when choice banded and technician.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    yayay so glad one of the types I voted for made first round :)))

- Forretress: The weird looking ones just always catch my eye. So naturally I was drawn to try it out. I seriously love Forrestress. I never really used one until HG/SS and it became the favorite on my team. It's also extremely cute to me.

- Steelix: I first saw Steelix when facing Jasmine. I thought Steelix was BADASS when I first saw it, not to mention something about Jasmine using it made it more hardcore. I guess because you wouldn't expect her to have a Pokemon like that. I used to think Onix was awesome so when I saw it could become even better I was very happy!!

- Mawile: When I saw it during my first hoenn playthrough I thought it was one of the best designs I had ever seen. I love how it's cute, but has that edge to it and it's one you wouldn't expect. Unfortunately it never was practical to use until recently and now everyone loves Mawile. I'd be bitter, but I guess I'm just glad it's finally getting the attention it should of gotten.

- Metagross: Best pseudo legendary imo. It's actually original from the rest of them thank the lord. I love the idea of mechas and Metagross gives me that feel.

- Empoleon: It's a weird one for me because I thought nothing of Piplup when I first saw it. Something about Empoleon is just fun and I may be biased towards it because of how much I used it in DPPt. I find its typing to be very useful.

- Bisharp: Once again gives me that mecha feel. Also reminds me of Casshern if anyone has seen that and it's badass of course.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Mawile is on the list? Yay! *fangirl*

I was going to vote for Aron, because it's so cute, but then I remembered how much I hate it's evolutions. (Cute Pokemon forever! I hate big and scary Pokemon!)

I really hope that Vulpix wins the big prize, though I know there's about as much chance of that happening as there is for me becoming the top poster here on PC lol.

Good luck to all Pokemon! Thanks for the opportunity to vote for our favorite Pokemon! I'm going to enjoy watching the turn out.

Sirfetch’d

Extremely difficult to pick as Steel is my favorite overall type. I narrowed it down to 4 votes though

Mawile- I just adore this Pokemon and it's mega evolution is an absolute monster in battle. It's typing is so awesome and really just a great Pokemon in general.

Bronzor- I voted for this line because they are just so cute and have an amazing backstory. If you read up on these two Pokemon; specifically Bronzong it is really unique and interesting!

Klefki- Mainly voted for this little guy because it is so damn cute! Not to mention it has a really cool typing and is a fun Pokemon to use in battle due to Prankster.

Honedge- Pretty clear why these Pokemon are getting so many votes. Super powerful, awesome design, and really great stat distribution. Such great Pokemon to use competitively and it was a shame to see Aegi banned :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really love Bronzor and Bronzong, personally. They might not be as popular among fans, but I find myself enjoy their appearance quite a bit--to me, it's quite intriguing to see a real, living bell--and while battling, they're also pretty good. They've got enough bulk to endure hits, and while doing so, they could set up some entry hazards as well. That, if you ask me, does lend a hand when it comes to damaging opponents.

My second vote has to go towards Metagross line. I've been a fan of it ever since I was introduced to this Pokémon in generation three of games, and still am. Its color-scheme is marvelous, and body structure, overall, is simply stunning. As for third, that's got to be Skarmory.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I voted for Metagross, Bronzong, and Steelix.

Metagross was my first pick because it's strong and it reminds me of Destiny Deoxys. It was hard to get back when it was first released in the video games, so it had that rare value that has continued to affect my opinion of it today.

I also voted for Bronzong, maybe because of the Steel/Psychic combo haha. Bronzong has an interesting origin and its cry sounds cool. I like its design and its significance to the ancient Pokémon world.

Last but not least, Steelix. Steelix was one of those Pokémon that I really wanted when I first got into Pokémon because it looked really cool, but I could never get one because I had to trade to get it. I always thought its large sprite was awesome in G/S/C haha, so it made the battle against Jasmine something to look forward to.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • Skarmory, the Beldum line, Jirachi and Lucario for me. :D (Don't know why I thought Riolu was part Steel and not pure Fighting. :|)

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
    Years
  • Awh, its a shame Empoleon wasnt in the list!
    Magnazone I just love the typing for! The same goes for Ferrothorn (I wish Roserade would get a mega evolution and become Grass-Steel).
    Strangely enough Klinklang is the only Pure Steal type that I extremely like!

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Voted for Doublade, Mawile, Skarmory, Klefki and Jirachi. The best of the best for me.

Years
  • I chose Skarmory, Aggron and Ferrothorn.

Skarmory for the cool concept of a metal bird that flies and lays spikes in battle, and its sprite in XY has it hovering, which is cool. Its competitive usability may have died down a bit but it's one i'll always remember.

Aggron is another neat metal monster, and arguably my favorite Hoenn Pokémon at that. It can learn so many moves, has gargantuan defense and even got a Mega Evolution in XY, one that i'd like to try out sometime. If it weren't for those glaring 4x weaknesses it'd be even cooler, admittedly.

Lastly is Ferrothorn. A thorny UFO thingy that shoots spikes and clings to ceilings? I don't know, that really appeals to me.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • I think hard steel should be about Defense, and I love just setting up and competitive with Pokémon like Forretress and Ferroseed, with their great typing as well. Also, the moveset of Forretress is scary, with Rapid Spin ánd entry hazards. There you have my votes: Pineco/Forretress and Ferroseed.

Ttar0914

Years
  • My vote: Scizor, the Aron- and Beldum evolution line, Lucario and the Honedge evolution line. My first choice is definitely Lucario, because of its power, followed by the Beldum evolution line on 2nd place and Scizor as 3rd.

Back