• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Rock (Oct. 11-18)

Who are your favorites? (Choose as many as you want!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • mgfRcWp.png

sM3iWg7.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Rock-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until October 18th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've never been a fan or user of Rock-type Pokemon, so I don't really have a wide selection of favourites for this category. :x

The ones I chose are:

• Bonsly and Sudowoodo
    • Lunatone and Solrock
    • Nosepass and Probopass
    Lunatone and Solrock are great Pokemon, their designs are nice and I feel like they get overlooked quite a lot. I'm hoping they get some sort of Alola form or boost in S/M! Bonsly line and Nosepass line are purely based on design. I've actually liked those two lines for a long time, I just haven't had the chance to use them on a team properly.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Choices getting tough now...

Bonsly line.
    Larvitar line.
    Lileep line.
    Roggenrola line.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Rock is my second least favorite type of all the pokemon types, however I do have some soft spots for the four Rock type pokemon that I selected.

Onix: Onix was so freaking cool to me when I was little and first playing through Red version. I loved it even more in Silver version because it evolved into Steelix, which is now one of my top six favorite pokemon of all time. I have a lot of Nostalgia for Onix and I don't mind taking care of one, so long as it means I can evolve it into a Steelix eventually.

Kabutops: Kabutops was the absolute definition awesome back when I was playing through Red version. It was based on a really cool ancient crab and it had scythes on it's hands, in the eyes of a child what's not to like? However, I don't really look at it the same way anymore and I even sometimes forget it even exists, I pretty much gloss over it when I'm searching through Water type pokemon I might want to use for building a team. Though when I take the time to stop and really think about it, especially in a selection of Rock types, which is a type I dislike, Kabutops really stands out to me.

Shuckle: One of the original under dogs, Shuckle. While playing through my Silver version and later on in my Platinum version, I tried so hard to get this guy to work, and eventually I was able to once I finally took the time to build an entire team around supporting Shuckle. It was a huge endeavor to get him all supported with a proper team and to get him to function properly in battle, but once he got to that point, man is he cool. It's sad that Shuckle requires so much upkeep to function in battle, but it's such an interesting pokemon that plays in such a weird way that it's fun to watch him battle at least once.

Cradily: I've talked about Cradily extensively in the Grass poll, so I wont go to deeply into him on this poll. It's just a really fantastic wall pokemon with access to some impressive recovery moves, including the actual move "Recover".

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I don't really have an exact fav rock mon but Aggron Golem and Kabutops stand out among the others so will vote for 'em.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Rockruff and Lycanroc - They're the first cute rock pokémon, let's show some love to these sweet newcomers. It's be intresting to see Brendino's reaction if Rockruff line manages to win this poll.

Btw, looks like I'm the first who vote Alolan pokémon.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I would say that Rock types are a fairly common type for me when it comes to making teams in-game and competitively yet there aren't very many I would I say I love.

With that being said, I voted for the following:
    Rhyhorn line:Though I've only used it once in a playthrough, it is one of my favorite Pokemon lines design-wise, as simple as it is. The pure power and defense it possesses is just amazing.
    Onix: Same as above, as well as my favorite Pokemon that never gets used enough by me as I can never find a place for it on my team.
    Roggenrola line: Easily my favorite Rock type, Roggenrola and Boldore are the only Pokemon to be used on each of my playthroughs in the Gen V games so I'd say I find it be pretty awesome.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Rock isn't my favorite type in term of weakness and moves, but many of my favorite Pokemon are part rock! I could vote for many of them so I only choose two of my favorite Pokemon Rhydon and Aggron.

Years
  • I voted for Omanyte/Omastar and the Tyranitar family, with Tyranitar taking the win for me. I love it's strength, I love the fact that it's Dark-type, and it felt so rewarding levelling up for one when playing when I was really young.

With that being said, Praise Lord Helix.

Years
  • Didn't vote for much, since Rock is my least fave type, or at least I'm sure it is.

I picked the Aron line for its awesome design and Aggron's powerful Mega. The Lileep line for being my usual choice of Hoenn fossil and its unique type. The Tirtouga, Archen, Tyrunt and Amaura lines for all being awesome fossil Pokemon, and finally the cuteness of Carbink and Diancie.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Man, rock types are cool :D
    I voted for bastodion, omanyte, and aggron. I was gonna vote diancie too, but forgot derp :p

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Since I'm not a fan of the Rock-type (it's my least favourite type), I didn't vote for many Pokémon, but here's the list:

-Rhyperior
    -The Larvitar Line
    -The fossil Pokémon of Gen 4 (Cranidos & Rampardos and Sheldon & Bastiodon)
    -Fossils of Gen 6 (Tyrunt & Tyrantrum and Amaura and Aurorus)
    -(Carbink) and Diance

Years
  • In my opinion, rock-type Pokemon are better than fairy-type Pokemon... :p

I voted for:

Geodude - he has the best name ever!
    Regirock - I've always been fascinated by the Regis.
    Tyranitar - My favorite rock-type Pokemon of all time! He was the star of my old Pokemon TCG deck...

Years
  • Aerodactyl and the Larvitar and Aron evolution lines got my vote, this was pretty tough cause most of the Pokemon are really cool but I managed to choose just three of my favourites.

Sirfetch’d

I love almost every rock type but I wanted to only vote for one so the Nosepass line got my vote. Probopass is one of my all time favorite babies <3

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
  • Rock isn't one of my favorite types. I think is second (after Normal type) least favorite type.

Amaura/Aurorus -> Bcs obvious reasons... .they are too cute
    Tyrunt/Tyrantrum -> Kalos get best fossils so far.
    Archen/Archeops -> Archeops , use Acrobatics . xxxxx fainted. B/W Memories
    Carbink/Diancie -> Because Diancie ... and her movie..

Back