• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite pseudo legendary!

pkmin3033

I've always had a soft spot for Tyranitar...had to wait such a long time to get one in Silver though, which upset me a lot as a kid =/

I've used all of them up to Garchomp...or in other words, I've used the good ones and ignored the bad ones. Hydreigon has a pretty great design to be fair, but it's a ridiculous hassle to level up even by pseudo-legendary standards because of that accursed reduced EXP system the Gen V titles have.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • In the past, it has changed but it's mainly because of it being from a new gen. My first favourite was Salamence; I just loved how dragony it was and it looks fierce. Cue Gen 5 and it became Hydreigon, which also became my second favourite Pokémon overall and was my favourite Gen 5 Pokémon (until that title went to Scrafty). While the evolution level was ridiculous, I still loved how terrifying its design was with a funny twist of a hydra and it was also the first Pokémon to be both my favourite types. Now my current favourite is Dragapult, Hydreigon is still a close second but I just love how fun Dragapult's design is. The concept of a diplocaulus stealth bomber as a Dragon/Ghost type is creative and well executed. I think I have used every single one and I also have them competitive as well. It would be nice to see a non-Dragon pseudo legend again, haven't had one since Tyranitar and Metagross.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    My favourite is Garchomp and Salamence is an extremely close second. Both of are absolute powerhouses. I love the elegance and simplicity of Salamence as well as the unique and intricate detail of Garchomp, I mean, it's a land shark dragon! Both of these pokemon have superb mega evolutions as well!

I've used Metagross, Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, & Goodra! I'd love to use Dragapult as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Metagross for being so unique plus I enjoy its typing. I've used them all besides Goodra and Dragapult.

Years
  • While I wish it would've been a little easier to train up when it was first introduced, I still think that Hydreigon is my favorite of the pseudo legendaries. I love it's typing, and despite not being a fan of Pokemon with similar design gimmicks like Dodrio and Exeggutor, I really love its design, too.

Metagross is pretty good too, but every time that I decide I want to use one, I'm pretty much finishing up with my game, and don't want to swap my party around just to fit it in.

Years
  • Hydreigon because I've wanted a Dark/Dragon type for the longest time and it was not a disappointment, design-wise or in battle.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Metagross! (òXó) I love the idea of it being a fusion of 4 Beldum/2 Metang, and how its design manages to look both technological and organic. And, I don't know, it's just always seemed like one of the coolest, most intimidating Pokemon to me.

...Huh. I'm pretty sure I've never actually used a pseudo legendary on my main team! I guess it's mainly just that their first stages never show up until super late in the game. I do make frequent use of Metagross in Pokemon Go, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Salamence is a total beast, because it has very good mixed attacking stats and relatively good speed on top of it. It defines what makes a really awesome Dragon-type because of how deadly it looks and is such in battle because of it's Intimidate Ability and massive BST.

It can reliably run a mixed sweeping set, and got really busted, but significantly improved with a Mega Evolution whose Ability gives it some crazy STAB Flying-type coverage.

It's also the ace Pokémon of Drake, a badass sea captain of Hoenn's Elite Four. It can be very deadly, as if his team wasn't strong enough as they already are.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Salamence and Garchomp are my favourites. As a kid, I thought Garchomp had the coolest design among Dragons I still think the same and has a unique type combination. It was a dream come true for me when I finally caught Gible because the Garchomp from the anime stoked me, and I remember praying that I get a Gible ( I didn't know the under-the-bridge part of the cave and wandered to no avail in the other section of Wayward).

Salamence has an interesting design, and its story of evolution is inspiring - how the flightless Bagon dreams and eventually becomes the sky soaring dragon! Also, it was the first fully-evolved dragon type I had, so there's some bias here.
    Metagross is cool and all, but I never used it in a team, unlike the other two I mentioned, whom I've used continuously in different teams because I can't get bored of them! Would have used Hydreigon had it not been such a late evolution.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • If pre-evolutions count, Dragonair for sure. Otherwise, I don't particularly love any of them (though I did use Tyranitar in a deck before).

Years
  • Metagross looks the most pseudo legendary to me. also loves metagross because of the games and that movie about deoxys, just an awesome all-around pokemon x)

Years
  • I've used Tyranitar and Salamence most, haven't quite gotten to using most of the others yet. I'd say they are definitely favourite candidates, but I have come to like them all very much.
    Most recently I've been really enjoying Kommo-o, and Dragapult is ridiculously endearing.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Metagross, Salamence, Dragapult and Garchomp definitely.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • 1) Salamence
    2) Metagross
    3) Garchomp
    4) Hydreigon
    5) Tyranitar
    6) Dragonite
    7) Goodra

Can't speak for Kommo-o or Dragapult since I've never played Generations 7 or 8.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    I love most of these with an exception of two or so. I'd say Salamence with Garchomp as a close second.
    I'm obsessed with both salamanders, lizards and sharks in general.

Years
  • Okay I'm gonna be boring again but Dragonite is definitely one of my favourites, I've been using it a lot recently as well in playthroughs! Tyranitar I really like, but it's annoying how late in the game you get it, and how long it takes to evolve, it's fine if you're playing through Kanto after tho! Other than that, I've taken a big liking to Goodra and Kommo-O too!

Back