• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Topics in History

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Now, I know not everyone enjoys history class. But even so, there usually are a few topics that tend to grab your attention, even if it is a little bit. Maybe you're somebody who enjoys learning about ancient civilizations, the world wars, regional history (european, american, etc), military history, political leaders, etc etc. There are plenty of areas of history people tend to gravitate to :) So the questions are:

What are your favorite topics in history?

What made these stand out to you as opposed to other areas in history?

As for me, I enjoy: the World Wars, the Renaissance, and Ancient Civilizations.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    • The World Wars
    • The Renaissance, specifically the Borgias
    • The Holocaust
    • Ancient Rome
    • The Russian Revolution
    There's more, but those are the best that sprung up in my mind.

Years
  • * The World Wars
    * Napoleonic Wars and the Enlightenment
    * American Civil War
    * Hundred Years War
    * Victorian Era
    * Renaissance

Wow, there's a lot of wars on there. Guess that quote was right about peace being the curtain between acts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Literally anything that's post-1800. I enjoy the industrial revolution and everything that comes after it, probably because it feels closer and more relevant to the modern world. It doesn't matter what country, I enjoy studying all of them. But predictably, I know more about the history of Europe; then a little about America, very little about Asia, Africa and Australia.

Anything between 1600-1800 is hit and miss; I haven't studied much from that time period, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity. It just doesn't interest me as much as more modern history.

Then anything pre-1600 is at the bottom of the pile. Still interesting! But it just pales in comparison.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    What are your favorite topics in history?
    Holocaust, Civil Rights Movement, hearing about the Nazi's always makes me laugh out loud. :D

What made these stand out to you as opposed to other areas in history?
    Bleh, a lot of the topics bore me, but I don't why why those certain things interested me, it's just strange seeing how our world has changed so much I guess- I dunno. xD

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I hated American history. Boring...

I liked learning about ancient civilizations a whole lot.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I have never liked History and the fact that I have to take History in College this Fall (American History) is making me cringe a lot. I am not good at History but luckily my college offers free tutors so I will be with the tutor for a long time.

:t354:TG

Years
  • I like almost all history, especially when it's about some place that I never learned about in high school. What I find terribly boring is modern history, particularly if it's about war or famous people. So WWII is about the last thing I care to read about. I'd rather study cultural and social aspects in history. Scientific history is also pretty interesting, learning about how cultures developed medicine and animal husbandry and things that don't actually sound interesting but have far reaching consequences for entire regions of the world.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I actually really love history, but my favorite period is 20th century history, and everything in it, including the World Wars, Cold War, Great Depression, and much more.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I actually don't like any history as a subject, except for really old stuff. So anything from like medieval and the feudal system and whatnot, to ancient civilisations like Greece and Rome (which I'm studying now at University) and definitely the Egyptians and any other really old stuff, particularly mythologies and the hand to hand combat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Triassic, Jurassic, Paleogene periods — ecology thereof.
    As for human history, I would retort that there is no time for us like the present, but I always had an interest in Japan.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The Cold War is my favourite history topic. Such interesting personalities, such a global conflict with such diverse events. Vietnam, Berlin, Afghanistan. And we're still reeling from the effects of the Cold War today, so it's so relevant.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Good question. The impact of individuals on their times, the people around them, and the world as a whole is my answer - eg. Alexander the Great, his aura, the respect he commanded and still does, and his influence on Western society.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I love history and my favorite things to learn about in it are the World Wars and the Civil War.

Back