• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Boss Music

Years
  • Single handedly one of the most difficult questions you could ever ask me in regards to Video Games. I struggle every, single, time this question comes up because I just love game music.

I am going to pick two as these were the first two that jumped into my head.

Fatalize - Tales of Symphonia

Battle on the Bridge - FFV

There are so many more though; Team Ico games get an honourable mention!​

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Hunter theme from DmC: Devil May Cry by Noisia = This track encouraged me to play what i thought would be an aberration of Devil May Cry. The beats man, the beats..

Spoiler:

Ultra Violet. Nelo Angelo's Theme from the original Devil May Cry (DMC1) = This whole track just screamed epic at my face with the face of a thousand demons.

Spoiler:

The Finalizer, Jinpachi Mishima's Boss theme from Tekken 5 = There's something about this beat that makes me like it. As a battle theme, it has that slow start then it suddenly spits at the listener's face while the very boss he/she's fighting against is using every dirty trick in the book.

Spoiler:

The Tyrant, Azreal's theme from Blazblue Chronophantasma (with Vocals by his very own seiyuu) = While its not exactly a "boss" character's theme, it does become if you played someone's story mode where Azreal is one of the bosses (or the boss). What makes this feel so great is the whole thing is straight up power, much like the character it represents. The cool and funny thing about this song is that a lot of people would even joke about how this song makes it so fitting as a boss' (or champion's) theme in Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Wu Zhang Plains theme from Dynasty Warriors 7, Shu's final battle = The Dynasty Warriors series of games is known (at least for its fans) for the portrayal of the battoe of Wu Zhang Plains. Basically, it would be the kingdom of Shu's final battle against its rival, Wei (More specifically, Zhuge Liang's destined final battle against Wei). DW7's rendition of the theme is unique for its very relaxing tune compared to the past series' versions but there's something about the relaxing guitar strums that make the tune so great. Its basically a calming storm before the epic final battle, and that's the reason why I love the theme. Its relaxing, yet its the sound of a battle that would determine a kingdom's fate. It has that lonely and calming tune that makes me feel that I'm engaging in a battle that would be the "last". A dying leader's wish, a kingdom's destiny, and a 5 out of 5 star difficulty stage that's worth playing.

Spoiler:

Last and certainly not the least, Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden's Final Boss theme (at 3:45). Of all the fan made games that I've played, Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden is one of the best and most entertaining pieces of code and epic that I've ever played in my life. It comes complete with a very epic yet simple final boss theme that is a culmination of the silly, humorous, yet epic adventure that Charles Barkley and his allies face.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The Grand Finale (Bowser's Inside Story)
    Punch Bowel (Tropical Freeze)
    Koloktos/Moldarach (Skyward Sword)
    Rundas (Corruption)
    Giant Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island)
    C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
    Star Wolf (Star Fox 64)
    Champion Lance/Red (HeartGold/SoulSilver)
    Porky Means Business (Earthbound)
    Id Purpose (Awakening)
    Boss Fight 1 (Uprising)
    Soda Popinski (Punch Out!!)
    Rules of Nature (Metal Gear Rising: Revengence)
    Final Boss Phase 2 (Sonic Colors)
    Dr. Wily Phase 2 (Mega Man 8)
    Boss Battle (Contra)
    One-Winged Angel (Final Fantasy 7)
    U.N. Owen Was Her? (Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I am... All of Me/Devil Doom - Shadow the Hedgehog

Say what you want about this game, it has some really good music going for it, largely thanks to the very skilled musician who has played Guitar on every Sonic game since Sonic Adventure. Devil Doom might not be the most memorable boss, but this track is certainly an amazing piece of Boss Fight music.

Open Your Heart/Perfect Chaos - Sonic Adventure

Open Your Heart is a great song. It was probably the first time I had seen a boss fight with lyrics, and it really has an amazing effect as you race down the ruined city as Super Sonic, fighting a massive water monster that vaguely resembles Biolante.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • I am... All of Me/Devil Doom - Shadow the Hedgehog

Say what you want about this game, it has some really good music going for it, largely thanks to the very skilled musician who has played Guitar on every Sonic game since Sonic Adventure. Devil Doom might not be the most memorable boss, but this track is certainly an amazing piece of Boss Fight music.

Open Your Heart/Perfect Chaos - Sonic Adventure

Open Your Heart is a great song. It was probably the first time I had seen a boss fight with lyrics, and it really has an amazing effect as you race down the ruined city Pittsburgh as Super Sonic, fighting a massive water monster that vaguely resembles Biolante.
    I fixed that for you. But seriously that music is good, but I have a few more to add.

Zettai Hero Project: The Great Moment

ClaDun X2: Black Metallic Dragon

Blue Dragon: Eternity

The Great Moment from Zettai Hero Project is one of Nippon Ichi Software's best boss music, along with the aforementioned Black Metallic Dragon from ClaDun X2. Blue Dragon's Eternity is so bad, that it is good. Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden said it the best: jesus christ the guy from deep purple sang this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    "Pokey Means Business" has remained my top favorite for years. This track is glorious; the immediate transition from chiptune to heavy metal at 0:52 is truly face melting:

"Supporting Me" is an honorable mention. The dark sci-fi atmosphere that this track creates is wonderful, and the piece starting at 0:52 is frisson-inducing for me:

Sir Codin

I'll post just one for now, there may be others latter.

Ganondorf Battle - Ocarina of Time
    Spoiler:

The moment this kicked in, my heart pounds and my blood rushes. The music itself tells you, "this is it." After all your trials, it's time to save Hyrule.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I was going to say Mega Man has the best boss music, but then I realized it's not technically boss music, but stage music.

So far the only boss music that had me really sweating bullets was this one:

The composition is wonderful, and all composed as an original piece, what with the instruments and violas and cellos and drums and a whole field of orchestral instruments. It's a true piece of music, which is to say something these days.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Spoiler:

Without a doubt this is one of the best boss bettle musics I've ever heard. It feels like you are going up against a really dark force.

Spoiler:

Someone showed me the missing Digimon World game that I didn't get to see... and this boss music is incredible. Heard on the first and other few boss battles as you play through the game.

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
  • I have quite a bit of favorite Boss Tracks, but my main ones I listen to on a good basis are:

Skull Heart Arrhythmia - Skullgirls
    Unforgettable - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Sir Codin

Without a doubt this is one of the best boss bettle musics I've ever heard. It feels like you are going up against a really dark force.
    Eh, I like his regular boss theme from that game better:

Years
  • In no particular order:
    Final Fantasy VII(7) - The Birth of a God
    Final Fantasy VIII (8) - Premenition
    Final Fantasy VIII - Maybe I'm A Lion
    Final Fantasy IX(9) - The Darkness of Eternity
    Final Fantasy IX - Assault of The Silver Dragons(not a boss fight, but the cutscene with this theme leads into one)
    Final Fantasy X(10) - Laughter of the Dead
    Final Fantasy X - Otherworld

Metroid Prime - Omega Pirate
    Metroid Prime - Essence of Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2 - Quadraxis
    Metroid Prime 3 - Rundas

Back