• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Console?

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Then I guess the worst console ever created is the NES now isn't it? Graphics should be nothing more than a bonus and by the way, I measure graphics by how it looks to my eye. I don't like my games looking like puke and with a color palette consisting of brown, gray and too dark to see!

Example:

Super Mario Sunshine and Jet Set Radio Future: 10 in the graphics department for being colourful, bright and nice to look at.
    Gears of War and GTAIV: 5 in the graphics department for looking like vomit
    I take it you've never actually played Gears of War if you think it looks bad in comparison to Sunshine.

Years
  • Super Mario Sunshine and Jet Set Radio Future: 10 in the graphics department for being colourful, bright and nice to look at.
    Gears of War and GTAIV: 5 in the graphics department for looking like vomit

You should really play GoW then...

As for graphics, it is nice to have something that is bright and colourful instead of all the FPS's with their gun metal grays and so on.

Uncharted is pretty.
    Tales Of Symphonia is beautiful :B

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I agree on GTAIV, but the graphics of Gears of War match the mood. It's supposed to be dark like that.

Yeah, you've got a point there, GOW gave us a reason why it's so brown. Your underground and the red in the blood and the bright yellow coming from the guns were nice to look at. But last time I checked New York wasn't completely Brown, now isn't it?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • DS is actually my favourite console. It's easy to pick up and play anywhere and has more games that interest me than the PSP.

As for the main consoles, gotta be 360 for me. My PS3 stays at home so I don't have access to it for most of the year, so I try not to get too attached (and thus buy most games on 360 instead). As for the Wii... um... lol yeah it has like 3 whole games I like on it and even then when I play them I go "damn this would be so much better on the other consoles" so it's just a joke to me. :( But the 360 has a good combination of graphics, nice controller, game selection, etc. I just wish it were quieter and didn't raise the temperature of my room by a few degrees when I play it. XD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • DS for me. Mostly because it's my only game console and I can't afford a home console on my meager college budget. I will say that I've played my brother's Wii when I'm home (we're a Nintendo family) and his selection of games leaves something to be desired.

But yeah, there are two DS games coming out this fall that have my attention so DS remains at the top of my list.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I don't recall actually posting my favorite console. XD;

My favorite would have to be the 360, purely based on the fact that I use it most. I have a Wii, and have played a PS3 and the Wii's been collecting dust for almost six to seven months, while I've been too bothered by the price of the PS3 to run out and get one, but I've been considering it lately for some time. We'll see though.

Purple., please stop antagonizing members. Just let people post their opinions. They don't need to back it up.
    Buy some Wii games then and play them? Won't be collecting dust then.

I have a Wii and a 360 and support both of them. Buy games for both. Play games for both. I could easily not buy or play anymore games for my 360 and say it's collecting dust.

It's fine if you like the 360 or it's games better. No problems. I just absolutely hate the "collecting dust" argument that's being thrown around a lot lately.

My wishlist of games has a lot more Wii games on it than 360 games. Not even all games that I'd necessarily want to buy, just games that seem interesting to me at all.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

• Buy some Wii games then and play them? Won't be collecting dust then.

I have a Wii and a 360 and support both of them. Buy games for both. Play games for both. I could easily not buy or play anymore games for my 360 and say it's collecting dust.

It's fine if you like the 360 or it's games better. No problems. I just absolutely hate the "collecting dust" argument that's being thrown around a lot lately.

My wishlist of games has a lot more Wii games on it than 360 games. Not even all games that I'd necessarily want to buy, just games that seem interesting to me at all.
    I know for me it's just... why should I bother with games on the Wii when more interesting games (to me) are coming out on other systems? If I have $60 to spend, I'm gonna spend it on the game that appeals to me most and it's never a Wii game when that happens. I'm not going to buy a game I want less just for the sake of using my console. :(

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I know for me it's just... why should I bother with games on the Wii when more interesting games (to me) are coming out on other systems? If I have $60 to spend, I'm gonna spend it on the game that appeals to me most and it's never a Wii game when that happens. I'm not going to buy a game I want less just for the sake of using my console. :(
    Then that's fine. It literally is the "collecting dust" wording that drives me batty because I could let anything collect dust if I really wanted. Say "the 360's games interest me more" instead or something :\

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Why should I reword myself when it literally is collecting dust? I own quite a few games for the system, but thanks for revealing that buying games would mean I'd play it more.

I love the games I have for the Wii. I wish I played it more often, but I just don't. :>

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    My favorite console is really the PS3. The tiny features are what makes the system great, and unlike Nintendo, they don't actually sell a lot of god-awful games.
    and I hate how people are complaining about how little games are available; I'd rather have a handful of good games than a tub filled with one gem in all of the garbage.

The wii?
    it was...meh. The games really aren't that good(excluding the downloadable games) except for maybe Redsteel(I can't say anything on brawl, my wii was one of the few that didn't allow it being played.) And even then, that game was pretty annoying since the motion sensor wasn't as amazing as it was thought to be.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The NES, SNES or the Genesis. I loved them and the games just can't be beat (no matter how hard you try)

And the Wii , if only for SSBB.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    My favourites would probably be: Wii-PC-DS-SNES

Wii, because I just like alot of the games on it (LoZ:TP, Metroid Prime and Mario Kart to name a few)
    PC, because it is powerful (at least the good ones are) so can handle large games. Also it means I can surf the net with ease :D
    DS, lots of good games out there, on the other hand there's lots of shovelware but that's only to be expected and the touch screen works surprisingly well
    SNES, just because it was the first system I got (and it has Super Mario World on it :D). Now most of the best games are on the Virtual Console, so the wins over all.

I also have a PS2 and plenty of games for that and I think that is also a great system. I also play a lot of Xbox 360 (namely CoD: 4) round my friends houses and although it's a great system, I think it's far too focused on FPS games, don't get me wrong I'm always up for a bit of Halo or CoD, but there don't seem to be many games of other genres on it. Unfortunately I've never used a PS3 so I can't pass judgement on that although I've always been put off by the price (It was £500 when it first came out! £500!)

Misregulated

Wooo i'm a Newbie XD
    Years
  • I say for me its the PC, Ps2 and Nintendo DS

PC - i use it all the time so yh XD (Great for online play also)
    Ps2 - Loads of great old games for it (will never forget the PS2)
    Nintendo DS - Great handheld console to travel about with (Also has great games)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    My DS is my favorite.
    I have a Wii but I rarely play it. If I had an Xbox 360 then I'd play it all the time.

So, I guess DS>360>Wii>>>>>PS3

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    My DS is my favorite.
    I have a Wii but I rarely play it. If I had an Xbox 360 then I'd play it all the time.

So, I guess DS>360>Wii>>>>>PS3

Sorry, but what is the point in putting ">>>>"? It's the "favorite console" thread not the "be a jerk about ps3" thread. The only reason I can see for you putting that was to cause some form of dispute or unrest.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Consoles and portable consoles come into different categories so I'll say my favourite portable is the DS which was a great success from Nintendo.

I love the N64, that console is so awesome. I love playing it some days to bring back some nostalgic memories.. ^.^
    Wii's pretty cool too.

Back