• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Emerald Location

Favourite Emerald Location?

• Mirage Tower

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Battle Tents

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Trainer Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battle Frontier

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Bigger Safari Zone

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Bigger Desert Underpass

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Terra Cave

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Marine Cave

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Faraway Island

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Team Magma's Hideout

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • With the release of Pokémon Emerald, so came several new areas and places to explore in Hoenn, so what was your favourite of the lot? What was you least favourite? Why?

New Locations~
    Mirage Tower
    Battle Tents
    Trainer Hill
    Battle Frontier
    Bigger Safari Zone
    Bigger Desert Underpass
    Terra Cave
    Marine Cave
    Faraway Island
    Team Magma's Hideout

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Of the options above it would have to be Team Magma's hideout. I found that infiltrating their base was more fun than with any other game in the series.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    The Battle Tent, because when I got there I used to be so excited to use new Pokémon lol. I also like Faraway Island even though I never got a chance to go there. Team Magma's Hideout was also nice, and fun.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The Safari Zone for me, really enjoyed getting new Pokes such as Houndour, Quagsire, Mareep, and Teddiursa to use post-game, Houndoom was a major team player for me especially at the time. The Mirage Tower is also pretty neat along with the Desert Underpass and weather caves, pretty short but pretty fun to venture into too.

Years
  • Team Magma's Hideout - Magma are my all time favourite team and it was such a pleasure taking my time going through their base :)

Bigger Safari Zone - Houndour, here I come <3

Battle Frontier - For the totally new experience, it was nice feeling like the adventure wasn't over :)

Also, honourable mention to the Battle Tents, it was cool having rental pokémon :)

Vasquez

Hacker and LPer
    Years
  • I LOVE the Battle Frontier. It was honestly my favorite part of the game. It restored something to Pokemon I hadn't felt in a long time, challenge. Some of those places were hard. as. balls. and you know what, that's something Pokemon hasn't been in a long long time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like Marine Cave. It's kind of relaxing. I would totally sleep there. And although not my favorite, that Magma Hideout in Mt. Chimney was a great addition. I never thought it made sense that their base in Ruby was the same as it was in Sapphire, which of course, is on the water. Sure, there's some more land in the base, but the fact you have to Surf to get there...how did any of the members ever get there? No one on Team Magma has Pokemon able to Surf, and I know they didn't all get in that submarine. I thought that was stupid too...the guy that wants to expand land steals a submarine, which is for water, has a base, in the water, and then goes underwater for a massive drought creating Pokemon. I'm gonna go nitpick somewhere else lol.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Without hesitation, the Battle Frontier. I seriously spent hours, not to say days battling and battling again there. Although the Platinum Battle Frontier is more "elaborated", this one is and will remain my favourite one.
    All the game I was looking forward to going to this famous place the guy with the blue shirt was talking about (I have forgotten his name), and I wasn't disappointed at all when I finally went there.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I had to vote for 5 of those places.. yes, I actually love all of them. Each of them have captivated in a unique way.

Years
  • I think the Battle Frontier is best, specifically the Battle Factory. I've always loved the Challenge Cup style from Stadium, so this was a given for me.

Years
  • The large cavern just behind the Dig Maniac's home by Fallarbor is my most visited and favored area in E due to ow common the Ditto are.

What I'm doing there while playing E is save & resetting with capture of several Ditto, then Escape Rope & Fly to the Battle Frontier to see how the IV's are, good or bad. Should everything be dissatisfactory, the its a restart.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • To answer myself:

I was a big fan of the Battle Frontier. It gave me something to do and still do after I had completed everything else in the game. I also liked the Mirage Tower, Terra Cave and Marine Cave, it's just a shame that they disappear after you're finished there. My least favourite would be the Battle Tents, I much preferred the contests and the Battle Tents are pointless after the Pokémon League.

Back