• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite game?

Years
  • Card game:
    I can't remember what its called but i remember you have two 'pots'. one of them for the person who gets rid of your cards first adn the other for someone whos played the queen of whatever suit is in the middle.

Board game
    Tied between monopoly and cluedo :D

Playground game
    OMG I LOVE THEM ALL :D
    Hide and seek, 21 dares, sardines, truth or dare, just running all over the place pretending to be something your not xD
    I miss being in the playground :(

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Board Game: I really like to play Monopoly, despite how long games can take, the game is still fun.
    Card Game: Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh, although I only play them casually.
    Playground Game: Oh boy, do I remember playing kickball in elementary school and how much I loved to play that game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I actually don't know how to play a single card game. I've never known anyone that's played seriously, so have never had a reason to learn one. There was one occasion where a friend tried teaching me Texas hold 'em, but I got bored quickly, and he was teaching me over Facebook which just made it more annoying.

I know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh, but don't count it because it's not a traditional card game and I couldn't really claim to know about it anymore anyway, seeing as they've changed so much since the first set of releases.

My favourite board game is definitely chess. I've been playing since I was six, and I don't play that often, but when I do feel like a board game it's always the first choice. I only play against friends and other amateur players though, I could never hope of doing well on a professional level.

A close second is Stratego, which my friend introduced me to when I was seven, and I've been a fan ever since. It's not a very popular game and I've only found about 3 people that have heard of it before, but I enjoy teaching people how to play. Anyone who likes war/strategic games should check it out.

And then of course Monopoly. Although only when I can be cunning and do deals with other players.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    nothing beats having a couple of drinks and friends round playing timesplitters 2.

edit: only read the first post now. nothing beats texas hold'em when played competitively.

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Favourite game?

The most dangerous game. End of the line, Sonny Jim!

Also most card games, I suppose; especially Rummy and Texas Hold 'Em. I love doing statistical calculations on the fly.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm a traditionalist, so it's Monopoly and Solitaire all the way. Ooh, and Charades! OH AND HOW COULD I FORGET ARTICULATE!? Yeah, looking back on it, Articulate wipes the floor with all the others, to be honest.

Ayselipera

Well for starters I love board games and card games. Unfortunately I don't know the name of my favorite card game! As for board games I'll play anything, but I love Monopoly, Checkers, Scattergories, Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary, and Balderdash (although I just play with a dictionary).

I also LOVE hide and seek. Especially hide and seek in the dark or of course the even better version of hide and seek in the dark outside. Oh and I can't forget the question game! Which is the best game ever, but unfortunately you can only play it so many times with one person before you get to know everything you care to know about them. :(

Years
  • When I'm at home, we play either Baltimore Rummy, Pinochle, or both. Both card games are easy and fun to play. d("d)

I also like the occasional board game. Usually it's Monopoly. We have a lot of them, since my stepdad collects them. (Or did. idk he might've sold them in his most current move.) And sometimes we play Apples to Apples, but that's only fun when you have more than 4 people, and we rarely have that many.

Now that I live on my own, it's all video games. It's only me and my roommate, and that's just not enough people for anything I like to play. That and we don't own any board games, lol.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I don't really play board or card games or anything like that...

But when I was visiting my friend, we played King of the Dock.

It's like King of the Hill (or Mountain, whatever floats your boat) except you play it on the dock sticking out into the lake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    BUZZ AND FLUTTERS BIG ELECTRONICAL GAME BOOK.

That was the best game/book/thing ever. Oh God how I wish I knew if we still had it. SERIOUSLY. ANYONE WHO HAS NOT READ OR PLAYED IT TOTALLY MUST DO THAT. :( So amazing!!! Seriously the little creatures were so cute and even though it was a board game it was so so so awesome. <333

Uhhh in general I don't really play any sort of games anymore, but as a kid I used to like playing marbles and that wolf game of where a person is like what time is it mr wolf and you're like "IMMA EAT U" and then you eat them up but not really because it's just a game :3

I also like some other games others have mentioned too.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    My favorite card game is Texas Hold Em'.

My favorite board game is checkers.

My favorite playground game is capture the flag because I am fast and sneaky:P

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Favorite Board game would have to be Monopoly because I always end up getting the most out of it and favorite card game has always been Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I fail at Monopoly; no one really ever taught me how to play it right with all the hotels and everything. When I played it with my family we played it a more simplistic version. That way my sister who was like... five at the time could understand what was going on and wouldn't have to figure everything out with all the hotels and everything.

ANYWAYS, my favorite board game would have to be 'Break the Safe'. I don't think many people have played this game, but it's an amazing game in which instead of going against eachother, you have to work with eachother within the time limit to gather keys and get to the safe without getting caught by the guard or dog. My siblings, dad, and I used to play the game all the time a few years back.

As for card game by personal favorite would have to be Uno, though my sister kiiind of play it a little different than you're supposed to play it. We tried playing it normally and we were bored as hell with it. Normal card game I'm not too sure though; the most I know is Speed, War, and Go Fish. ;A;

I'm not too sure what would be my favorite playground game to be honest. Last thing I played was Hide and Seek with my sister and her friends a while ago, haha.

Back