• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Gym Leader?

Favourite Gym Leader?

• Total voters

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I like all of the female gym leaders, HEHEHEHHEEEEE
    but my fav is Wionna cause of her shiny swellow and giant skarmory

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I limited it to my favorite gym leader from each generation, which would be Winona for Generation III, and Sabrina for Generation I. I don't have much of a reason, but I found them both to be absolutely wonderful and had a crush on them (and Clair for Generation II). XD

Souji Seta

내가 제일 잘 나가
    Years
  • I have the biggest bias for Sabrina in the world. I guess it was because I favor Alakazam and Espeon. Although, Wallace does come in at a close second since he uses Milotic.

User19sq

My favorites are Winonna, Flannery, Roxanne, and Giovanni. The girls' reason is strictly fanservice, save Flannery, who uses Fire-types as much as I do. Giovanni's reason is because he's the (former) boss of Team Rocket.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Blaine and Winonna for me. Blaine has always hid himself away, whether it is behind a wall of questions or in Seafoam Islands he has looked like he is trying to distance himself from something despite being so brash and confident in his speeches in every game. His connection to Cinnabar Island and the events that happened there also gives him the possibility of a far greater back-story than basically every single other Kanto Gym Leader. The mysteries surrounding him have always intrigued me.

As for Winonna, she is just pure smex.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Being that i'm a fan of both psychic and dragon type pokemon (and yes I know Sabrina doesn't use dragon type) and use only those two types; I would have to say Sabrina is my favorite gym leader.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • FR/LG: Misty - battling her reminded me of playing the original Red version and losing to her all those years ago. I like her Gym's atmosphere too, and the overall design. Her perspective on Water-type Pokemon is well represented by her what she says pre-battle too imo. :)

RSE: Juan - since he uses a Kingdra, which is my favourite Pokemon. I generally like all the Gym leaders in RSE. :P

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    For R/S it would have to be Wallace. As for Emerald, Tate & Liza. It was the first double battle Gym Leader and so far the only one too. I thought that was really cool that they did that, and geez people the more I post in this section the more I want remakes!!!!

I don't really have a favorite FRLG Gym Leader but if I ever plan to play the games again, I'll get back to you!

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • Flannery, Flannery, and Flannery. <3333 Total babe. Fire typing only sweetens the deal. FR/LG Misty is a close second.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Wallace for R/S, Norman and Juan for Emerald, and Misty for FR/LG.

...didn't realize I liked Water-type gyms that much. :'D

Years
    • DC
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I really loved how different Norman was. He had great drama as your father. And denied your challenge at first, making you come back "home" later in your journey.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Hm, I've never really thought of this before. From those listed above, I have come to the conclusion three are tied:

- Koga: Very dedicated to his battling and takes matters very seriously. The fact that he became an Elite Four member in the later games and managed to battle even better as such (unlike Wallace) had a rather large impact on my decision, as well.

- Blaine: I just love everything about this guy: his appearance, his attitude, his fiery personality, you name it! The battle he put up with Ash in the anime was simply amazing, as well.

- Norman: The fact that he happens to be the player's father is most noteworthy for me. You learn about this at the very beginning of the game but don't actually get to battle him for quite some time, so you really have something to look forward to. On top of that, he's seriously good.

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Probably Koga because he's easy to beat, has a cool gym and his Pokemon are pretty cool[/SIZE]

Back