• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Platforming Game?

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
  • I take it Crash Bandicoot is a platformer? Those games were awesome back in the days.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. I love Crash Bandicoot games more than anything but this one Spyro game was beyond incredible - I must've played through it at least 50 times in total and I'm still not bored of it. I used to spend hours in the skate park bonus levels doing endless tricks and chasing those little enemies and I could spent hours exploring the levels trying to find every tiny hidden secret - even the overworld was a lot of fun to explore and that's saying something! Truly great game, I highly recommend it to anyone with a PS1 that's looking for a fun 3D platformer.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Man I must be in a minority because I honestly thought the Spyro games were terrible after a slightly recent playthrough. (Cut deep into the nostalgia, I tell you.) The level design just felt weak. They also lacked focus imo and felt incohesive, compared to Crash. Crash Bandicoot 2 was brilliant.

I should give them a more recent replay though, thinking of rebuying the whole trilogy on Vita, if only for nostalgia.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Not the best I've played, but I really liked the Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse for the SNES. The outfit changing option was very cool. In the first game you could only play as Mickey, but in later ones you could also play as Donald and Minnie.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I could be shooting myself in the foot here, but Super Meat Boy is right up there in the category of "bloody brilliant" for me (no pun intended...who am I kidding, pun intended). Although that game was RIDICULOUSLY hard near the end, I think that made it all the more awesome when you did finally complete that last level. The controls were so fluid so when you did die you knew it was your fault and not for faulty controls, so you had nothing to blame it on except your own skills.

That still doesn't excuse all the times I raged in front of my TV though, some of those levels truly were ridiculous...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Kirby! Any Kirby game will do. They're bright, fun, and not overly difficult that I'm strangling myself. I'm not good at platformers, even though I think they're fun. Kirby 64 was the first game I beat by myself, so I suppose that's why the series holds a special place for me, but yeah. Overall, Kirby 64 is my favorite platformer, but I'm basically up for any Kirby game. I can't say the same for other series.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • elheroeoscuro said:
    I could be shooting myself in the foot here, but Super Meat Boy is right up there in the category of "bloody brilliant" for me (no pun intended...who am I kidding, pun intended). Although that games was RIDICULOUSLY hard near the end, I think that made it all the more awesome when you did finally complete that last level. The controls were so fluid so when you did die you knew it was your fault and not for faulty controls, so you had nothing to blame it on except your own skills.

That still doesn't excuse all the times I raged in front of my TV though, some of those levels truly were ridiculous...
    This. SO MUCH of this. Considering the fact that I'm a sucker for games with tight controls and a relatively high difficulty level (DMC3 is my fave game of all time for a reason), this game was just fantastic in my eyes. Just great.

Megaman Zero series is kind of a platformer too, I guess? Even though its mostly action. :p But yeah, I loved that too!

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    @SakazukiAbsolutely! Megaman Zero 3 is my all time favourite platformer, especially with that friggin' amazing ending. I've never played Super Meat Boy, but I love finding fans of the amazing MMZero franchise, if you can't tell by my sig.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Usually not a huge fan of platformers, but I really liked Thomas Was Alone.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If we're counting Megaman Zero we should count Super Meroid.

But wait, ♥♥♥♥, it's the best game of all time, it's easily the winner.

Back