• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokemon game?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I guess I'm just tired of worst game threads (which I hope to never see again unless I want to give myself a bad mood) but what is your favourite video game that has 'Pokemon' in it's title?

For me, Pokemon Quest! Actually my favourite game is basically the one out of the 2-3 games came out in the previous year that I like the most so yeah. But I find it to be fun for some reason. Yours?

Years
  • make some more positive threads then! be the change you want to see and all, and this is definitely a good start!

For me, out of the main series, it's a tie between Emerald and Platinum, and I generally pick one or the other depending on my mood because oftentimes I'll just stick to Emerald as my favourite (due to the Battle Frontier variety) and other times I'll stick to Platinum simply because of the Pokemon introduced that gen

For spinoffs though, I've never felt more attached to any other game than I have when it comes to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I think anyone who hasn't played a Mystery Dungeon series yet has been doing themselves a massive disservice and should get into it asap because they're such good games. ;_;

Honorary mention goes to Pokemon Colosseum/XD for providing me a hell of a lot of good memories back when "3D" Pokemon was still in its infancy. I wanted nothing more than to see my Pokemon on the big screen at the time which was more or less the point of those two games, and it delivered! I also think those two games gave somewhat of a darker spin than traditional Pokemon games have, which was refreshing for me.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Main series has definitely got to be Black and White 2. These games are very dear to me, and I love playing them since their is so much variety for what team, and exploring Unova is so much fun!

For spinoffs, both Poképark games were so much fun! Childish as they may be, they were quite fun!

Last edited:
    Years
  • From the main games I would have to say Pokémon Black 2. Not just for nostalgia seeing as it's not that old and I didn't grow up with it. I just really like the region and the Pokémon choice.
    As for spin-offs Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is very dear to me. Lots of emotional attachment to it.

User Anon 1848

Soul Silver. I was a gen two-er before HG/SS came out. Game Freak adding the Pokemon follow feature, Battle Frontier, Gym Leader rematches, mechanical and graphical upgrades to what were already my favorite games in the series easily put these remakes ahead of everything else for me. I prefer Soul Silver over Heart Gold since I like Lugia and Latios a lot more than Ho-Oh and Latias.

Years
  • fjsjjf choices
    I'd say ORAS, BW/BW2, and RSE. Crystal is also high up there as one of my most replayed games. I also played TCG for GBC to heck and back and adored it.

Years
  • the third gen games (including the mystery dungeon and ranger games) hold a special place in my heart, always <3
    but the unova games are also exquisite. the soundtrack, the pokemon, the graphics, and the story felt organic and good to me. i replay it like every year haha

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • emerald and crystal are constantly fighting for my top spot in the series so i'll just tie them. they're both phenomenal and i've played them countless times. i guess for an overall experience, i would say RSE as a whole, but i love the aesthetic of crystal and it's very relaxing for me.

Years
  • It has to be Omega Ruby. Hoenn is just such a special region to me and I prefer Archie as an ally and Maxie as a villain. Other reasons why I place it above Emerald are that I cannot accept anyone but Steven Stone as the champion of Hoenn, I loved the Delta Episode, and the region itself just completely comes to life with the updated graphics. Also it was the last game that had the balance ust about right right with cutscene time. ORAS is, for me, their masterpiece.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Main Series: Crystal. Crystal is perfect for me. (HGSS are second)

Spin-off: Pokémon Puzzle Challenge (GBC)

Years
  • That's a tough one Red was my fist game and played a massive part in bringing me into the pokemon world but I do love second gen Gold was brilliant and so were the remakes so will have to go with Gold

Back