• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Water Starter

Favourite Water Starter

• Squirtle

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Totadile

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Piplup

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Oshawott

• Froakie

• Total voters
Years
  • Water starters are my second favourite starter in the games. So you can guess who is my least favourite.

Anyways my favourite starter is Froakie, mostly because of Greninja, who's is yours?

(Once agian no Sun and Moon Pokemon)

Years
  • My favourite Water starter is Piplup.
    The main reason I love Piplup so much is because of Empoleon. Empoleon is without a doubt one of my favourite Water types out there (along with Samurott and Wailord), and I really love it's typing and design.
    I also chose Piplup as my starter in Diamond, so that gives me even more reasons to love it and it's evolutions.
    Although I'm not a massive fan of Oshawott and Dewott, I really love Samurott as well (as I mentioned above).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Piplup also! It's just so cute and it's one of those Pokémon you can't help but adore. The anime did help cement my love for Piplup but the idea of a tiny cute feisty penguin Pokémon is just too perfect for me not to love it.

Years
  • Piplup for sure. I love how cute and cool he is, he was also my starter when I first played Diamond. I love Piplup in the anime too which made me like it that much more.

Guest123_x1

Since Gen VII is excluded (aarrgh), my favorite Water starter is Oshawott. Kinda goes with my username, you know, not to mention how adorable it is.
    Mudkip comes in a close second, and I actually chose it for Alpha Sapphire.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • It's nearly a tie between Oshawott and Piplup, but Piplup holds a lot of sentimental value to me.
    It was a major reason I wanted to try Diamond, and I knew you could play as Dawn. It was my first main series game, dispite being a major fan scince the anime started airing and had tons of merch and side games.
    Today I have a small Piplup collection, and treasure my first items of him. Jakks figure and the big flat pillow pal plush XD

Something just clicked with me when I saw this starter. I just could not miss out on starting the game with him. It may not be the most adoreable Pokemon ever *cough*Pachirisu*cough* but I love the plump blue ice birdie :)

Bay

Years
  • Mine is Mudkip because I played Sapphire several times and I always picked him, lol. Swampert is my favorite final form out of the others too, though I love all tbh.

Years
  • Oshawott is my fave, if you likely already knew.

It's always been my go-to starter pick for Unova, and that's not to say I love the other Water starters as well due to the type's usefulness. 7th Gen's new member Popplio is already winning me over and could definitely rival Oshawott for my mascot Pokemon.

Years
  • My fav is Totodile and Mudkip. Totodile because he is my favourite pokemon for too many reasons and Mudkip because I love his Muddy attacks they were very useful for me in the game ( basically i love his type).

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I really liked squirtle a lot primarily for the Blastoise. Warturtle wasn't that cool. Idk I love the original pokemon so that may be why

Years
  • Ah water types are my favorite :) My favorite is Totodile. I just like how cute it is and how it becomes quite badass when evolved :D

The second place is Squirtle cause it's also pretty cute and cool at the same time :D

And third place would go for Piplup I guess.

Back