• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    So, with the shut down of the wifi system, does it mean that there is no way to access the extra bits of content in B2W2 through memory link, even if you're playing it on Desmume? Like, no action replays to unlock the hidden content? Nothing?

It's kinda disappointing like that, considering that it's part of the story for Gen V, so to shut out an important thing like that is kinda annoying. Moreover, when I first heard that the Gen V games actually have such a cool feature that resemble the Mass Effect save file transfer, I was kinda excited about it so... yeah, this sucks.

And of course, I guess this also means that trading with yourself is impossible too.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • So, with the shut down of the wifi system, does it mean that there is no way to access the extra bits of content in B2W2 through memory link, even if you're playing it on Desmume? Like, no action replays to unlock the hidden content? Nothing?

It's kinda disappointing like that, considering that it's part of the story for Gen V, so to shut out an important thing like that is kinda annoying. Moreover, when I first heard that the Gen V games actually have such a cool feature that resemble the Mass Effect save file transfer, I was kinda excited about it so... yeah, this sucks.

And of course, I guess this also means that trading with yourself is impossible too.

The Wifi shutdown made it so older DS games can't connect to wifi at all, so yup, you can't access memory link anymore, unfortunately. I don't really know much about Desmume, unfortunately, but I assume it would be the same?

Also, you can trade with yourself if you have two 2DS's since that doesn't connect to the internet, but instead uses infrared so you're all good :) you can also still transfer Pokemon from B2W2 to later generation games.

Years
  • The Wifi shutdown made it so older DS games can't connect to wifi at all, so yup, you can't access memory link anymore, unfortunately. I don't really know much about Desmume, unfortunately, but I assume it would be the same?

Also, you can trade with yourself if you have two 2DS's since that doesn't connect to the internet, but instead uses infrared so you're all good :) you can also still transfer Pokemon from B2W2 to later generation games.

And just another pointer, you can still use Memory Link but it requires a second DS/3DS/2DS to use.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    And just another pointer, you can still use Memory Link but it requires a second DS/3DS/2DS to use.
    How? I thought it requires the creation of a Game Sync ID, which requires access to wifi, which Nintendo had already shut down.

Years
  • How? I thought it requires the creation of a Game Sync ID, which requires access to wifi, which Nintendo had already shut down.

In the main menu go to "Unova Link" and then select "Memory Link". To connect with a second DS you select "Link Via DS Wireless Communications" to a DS with the original Black or White Version.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    i need a suggestion please

im playing white 2 and can not for the life of me find a pokemon that can learn surf so please help

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Most water types can learn Surf. But what point in the game are you at exactly?

But looking at the list of Pokemon available in Black2/White2, some possible Surf candidates are:
    -Psyduck, which can be found in Flocessy Ranch
    -Golduck, which can be found in the grass in Route 11
    -Ducklett, which can sometimes be found from the feather shadow things on the Driftveil Drawbridge

Aggron and Haxorus can also learn Surf for some strange reason. And there's probably some other Pokemon I'm forgetting.

ThrashingZombie

Poke Breeder
    Years
  • White question

It's been about 4 years since Black and White came out. Well, my boyfriend picked up White and just beat the elite 4 & the champion. I actually forgot what to do after.

He's trying to get into White Tree Hollow. But it keeps saying that "people came here from Black City" How exactly do you get White Tree Hollow working?

Also, is it possible to transfer keys from Black 2 to White? (NOT White 2)

Also (again), how do you get to N's Castle in White?

Lol, I feel like such a n00b asking these questions, but my memory sucks (I literally can't remember what I did a week ago, and my Champion log was 11/11/2012 - For my Black 2)

Thanks (in advance) PC!

-Zombie

Years
  • Okay I'll answer these for you!

White Tree Hollow (and also Black Tower) is only in Black 2 & White 2, in the originals White Forest is a place where you can catch wild Pokemon, while Black City has a shop with rare items.

The Challenge Mode/Easy Mode keys can only be traded between Black 2 & White 2 only, not Black & White.

No. N's Castle cannot be re-entered again as far as the original games go. It can however be visited by going through a tunnel in Victory Road in Black 2 & White 2 only.

So essentially, you were just getting the originals and the sequels mixed up. Nothing to worry about though!

ThrashingZombie

Poke Breeder
    Years
  • Okay I'll answer these for you!

White Tree Hollow (and also Black Tower) is only in Black 2 & White 2, in the originals White Forest is a place where you can catch wild Pokemon, while Black City has a shop with rare items.

The Challenge Mode/Easy Mode keys can only be traded between Black 2 & White 2 only, not Black & White.

No. N's Castle cannot be re-entered again as far as the original games go. It can however be visited by going through a tunnel in Victory Road in Black 2 & White 2 only.

So essentially, you were just getting the originals and the sequels mixed up. Nothing to worry about though!

Wow, I totally derped out. Lol. Thanks. :D

Years
  • Hey, quick,. badly worded and possibly hard to understand question.
    Would it be considered hacking my Black 2 if I traded a patrat to an [wait can I say that?] White 2 and hacked that to find my Secret ID because Pokécheck's down?

Years
  • Hey, quick,. badly worded and possibly hard to understand question.
    Would it be considered hacking my Black 2 if I traded a patrat to an [wait can I say that?] White 2 and hacked that to find my Secret ID because Pokécheck's down?

I don't think that it would, considering it's not like you're hacking to get perfect IVs or illegal moves or anything like that. I may not have the same answer as the next person since i'm no Pokécheck genius, but just what I would believe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I am playing White 2 now and I am stuck. I beat the gym in Mistralton City and went north but an elite 4 is blocking the passage through twisted mountain. I flew to Driftveil City and a guy is blocking that passage also. I cant go east from Nimbasa City because the elevator is broken a guy says and east of Castella City is blocked by construction. I beat all gyms up to Mistralton City and am confused as to what to do next please help.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I am playing White 2 now and I am stuck. I beat the gym in Mistralton City and went north but an elite 4 is blocking the passage through twisted mountain. I flew to Driftveil City and a guy is blocking that passage also. I cant go east from Nimbasa City because the elevator is broken a guy says and east of Castella City is blocked by construction. I beat all gyms up to Mistralton City and am confused as to what to do next please help.
    You have to meet Professor Juniper at the Celestial Tower on the route to the north of Mistralton. If you've already done that, you have to board a plane in Mistralton that'll take you to the next town.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Which pokemon should I put in my party?

I am just a very casual player who is looking for some quick advice.

My current party is :

Samurott
    Leavanny
    Lucario
    Ampharos
    Flygon
    Sigilyph

These pokemon are level 50 's. I'm looking to add an amoonguss to my party. Which one shall I oust? Is it worth it? My only defensive pokemon are ampharos and Sigilyph. I wanted to add poison

Nakala Pri

I am just a very casual player who is looking for some quick advice.

My current party is :

Samurott
    Leavanny
    Lucario
    Ampharos
    Flygon
    Sigilyph

These pokemon are level 50 's. I'm looking to add an amoonguss to my party. Which one shall I oust? Is it worth it? My only defensive pokemon are ampharos and Sigilyph. I wanted to add poison

I'd cut Sigilyph. :P He's pretty good competitively, but in game he's not that great. And you have your Flygon for the move Fly, and you can use your Lucario against Poison types since Poison won't affect him and he can just wipe 'em out with a Bone Rush, if you keep the move, anyway. And you can just use Flygon's Fly to wipe out Fighting, so you're basically covered. (And Sigilyph doesn't really learn any good Flying types, just enough to get him by).

Hope I helped! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back