• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
  • Just found this on a website and it has been confirmed they are making a sequel to FFXIII.

For anyone that hasn't completed the game don't watch the following video but looks like a slight trailer for the next game.

Personally I don't like the idea as X-2 was terrible. FFX was my favourite game in the series so when I heard they were making a sequel I was looking forward to it, but it was a huge let down. I hope with this one they can improve on FFXIII and change it from being so linear as that was the biggest problem I had with the games.

What do you think about the sequel and what should be changed/improved in it?

Years
  • Oh, dear God.
    I will never EVER buy this game. FF XIII was one of the worst FF games I have ever played.

This is clearly just a 'oh look. FF profit!!!!!!!!!!!!111!'​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ehhh, I enjoyed FFXIII (but I had no previous FF knowledge to compare it to, so that may be why) so I might get this. But I have heard X-2 was bad, so I'm a little skeptical. And I don't like Lightning's outfit already, so that's a bad sign, since I love Lightning. lol We'll just wait and see~!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Can't say I enjoyed FFXIII, but I won't say it was completely bad either. And while the wide consensus is that FFX-2 was horrendously bad (which I agree with), it seems to have positively received by the critics. :cheeky: People will end up buying this game regardless. Square-Enix will milk this as much as possible, maybe not to the extent of FFVII, but it wouldn't surprise me. The luster of FF titles died awhile ago for myself personally.

Are they really calling it FFXIII-2? :/

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I thought Final Fantasy XIII was a good Final Fantasy game plagued by horrible decisions. Hopefully Motomu Toriyama can show us that he is capable of making a game with halfway decent execution. While I am interested in this game, I care more about Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

This is clearly just a 'oh look. FF profit!!!!!!!!!!!!111!'​

That happened since the first Chocobo dungeon game was released.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • X-2 was horribad sure, but the sequel to XII was actually pretty good. I think this is a hit-or-miss kinda thing for Square. You guys know the saying about the book and its cover...:P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • More exploration and less one-way-only corridors would make the game much more entertaining. The battle system was good enough, and the story was well made. Let's hope they add the handful of things this one was lacking.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Lightning in a gladiator-esque costume, kicking bad guy ass?
    Sign me up.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Spoilers for FFXIII's ending:
    Spoiler:

I'm worried that they'll change the battle system. The ONLY reason I'm at all interested in this is because I utterly adored the battle system in XIII once it opened up and I'd love to get a chance to play with it again. Over half of XIII was practically tutorial and you don't get to choose your own party till... what, chapter 10? I'd love to get another crack at the system without being babysat or having my hand held the whole way through.

But then I sit here thinking of FFX. It had a relatively new battle system entry didn't it? It wasn't quite traditional turn-based and everyone I know who's played it really loved it and... FFX-2? Went back to a souped-up (superior, imo) active battle system. That and there were a bunch of other weird changes too so... I'm not too hopeful about this one.

ALTHOUGH REALLY, IF THEY CAN GIVE MORE THAN ONE PART OF THE GAME A MAP THAT ISN'T A STRAIGHT LINE, IT WILL BE AN IMPROVEMENT.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • It seems that Square Enix have lost the desire to... well, make money. They have the option of remaking FFVII and raking in the cash from the screaming and crying fanboys/girls, and yet they choose to bring out a mediocre MMO in the form of XIV, and now they're bringing out a sequel to one of the most disappointing games I have ever played (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that).

Next thing you know, we'll be getting Final Final Fantasy due to max bankruptcy.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
  • Ehhh, I enjoyed FFXIII (but I had no previous FF knowledge to compare it to, so that may be why) so I might get this. But I have heard X-2 was bad, so I'm a little skeptical. And I don't like Lightning's outfit already, so that's a bad sign, since I love Lightning. lol We'll just wait and see~!
    Yeah i'm disliking Lightnings outfit in this too. I really liked FFXIII but i also haven't played any other FF games. I will most likely buy this game.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Hopefully it'll be non-linear so the XIII haters will shut up. But hopefully it won't just be a game of sidequests like X-2 :/ I'm interested in seeing what this turns into. Square Enix should listen to the criticism of XIII when they make this game.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I'm kind of wondering how a sequel will really work out. The ending seemed like it was pretty conclusive to me. All the lose ends were tied up, and it didn't even really have a sequel hook like X had.

Spoiler:

But I'm actually really liking Lightning's outfit... :c It's all feathery and shiny.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I will never EVER buy this game. FF XIII was one of the worst FF games I have ever played.

I would look at this as more of a reason to buy it. Maybe Squeenix is looking to right its wrongs with this sequel. Maybe they'll make a corridor that connects to another corridor! That sounds fantastic.

That happened since the first Chocobo dungeon game was released.

Chocobo Dungeon for the wii wasn't that bad!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I never did play XIII, and at this point I hardly want to watch an LP or anything... But I'm not willing to write XIII-2 off quite yet. Mayhaps the other games in Fabula Nova Crystallis will be well-received. Comparatively, at least.

Back