• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Finish the Phrase: Team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years

It would be really nice to have a good vs evil thing going on that was introduced in Generation III, like you and Ryan have said. One of the things that bothered me with Ruby and Sapphire was the fact that the side of good and evil depended on which version of the game you chose to purchase. I would really like the plot in both of the games to be rather fixed, whereas the evil team remained the same in both versions, instead of depending solely on which version of the game you purchased.

Hence why, IMO, Emerald was such a better game! You were up against both teams at the same time. The plot was much more substancial. If anyone hasn't played Emerald they must as it was my favourite pokemon game ever. It also made the teams of the gym leaders a lot better, but that's for another thread.

Platinum, likewise was better than Diamond and Pearl but some aspects of it lacked character (eg. Where is Fantina's funkadelic Drifblim? Infernape suits Flint more as a signature poke than Magmortar etc, etc.).

Sorry if this sound horribly drab, but character is what makes gym leaders, evil teams etc. the best. Not going OMG RHYPERIOR IS EPIC PWNAGE LOL LOL ROFL LOL. I mean why would a sweet dear like Bertha have that monstrosity anyway? Sudowoodo and Quagsire were more her cup of tea than a Gligscor and a Rhyperior.

On the subject of Bertha, it has been hinted she is a sister of Agatha. Maybe we'll see a 3rd sibling in Black/White. I'm not going into that any more though. It's a lickle bitty off-topic.

Love this post. I actually really like that idea. :F

Thanks very much. :cer_wink:

blue

gucci
Years
Well whatever the team name, I hope they use a different mix of Pokemon, unlike Team Rocket in G/S/C, batteling constant Zubat's & Rattata's ain't good. >.<

Team Light & Team Dark
Team Space & Team Time

Not very creative but some of the Team name's aren't very creative either :D

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
It actually might be Team Rocket again. Look at the guy in black in the middle of the screenshot of the harbor. He looks entirely like a team rocket grunt. So I wouldn't count our long standing nemesi quite yet.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Team Nova?

But sooner or later there needs to be a good team. The idea that one novice kid trainer can bash loads of organized evil organizations is just getting too far-fetched(no, not the Pokemon). Team Rocket sucks in the games, Magma and Aqua are fairly tough, and then most of Team Galactic sucks(in direct contrast with the anime, they're way better in that). I want to see an evil team on the level of strength of Magma, Aqua, or Cipher, and then a good group helps the player beats them.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Sorry, not trying to call anyone out or anything, but I'm very very curious and I'm trying to figure out why you guys want them to return.

Think about what happened in previous generations. In Generation I, we expected them to be there forever since we never thought of another evil team coming since... it hadn't been done yet. After they disbanded for three years they return and a kid in Generation II manages to defeat them? The only possible way they'd be in this generation would probably be because a) there's another branch of Team Rocket in the Isshu region, or b) because they were embarrassed to show their faces in the previous regions and relocated.

Hopefully Zubat won't be included in this generation, but that right there is wishful thinking.
Well I didn't say I wanted them to return, I said they might! (read it over if you didn't read why...!)

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
what about something along the lines of cipher? i'd personally love something similar to colleseum and xd snagging shadow pkmn

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Well I didn't say I wanted them to return, I said they might! (read it over if you didn't read why...!)
I was moreso directing my reply to Zeph.

what about something along the lines of cipher? i'd personally love something similar to colleseum and xd snagging shadow pkmn
Cipher to me was the most interesting organization there was, simply because of the snagging and use of shadow Pokémon. They didn't just use Pokémon in exploitation, they actually did something with them. I'm hoping the organization in this generation does something along the lines of what Cipher did.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Team Quake, trying to control the legendary pokemon __________ to make earthquakes that destroy cities, so Ghost Pokemon can live in the ruins.

Or Team Glacier, trying to make home for Ice PKMN.

And, Team Thunder, tring to make more home for Electrik pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Given the city environment and the higher age of the protagonists, I'm actually thinking it might be more of a gang-oriented thing, as opposed to the formulaic 'Team ____'.

Obviously I don't think it will encompass the typical gang activities, but it'll have the dynamic of rival gangs competing against each other.

Years
It's supposed to be a technologically advanced region so I expect to see any Team Evils being based around that. Either they want to use some kind of new invention to control the region or some kind of anti-technology brigade that wants to bring the region back to the Stone Age. Let's call the first Team Synth and the second Team Greenpeace Team Terra.

Ayselipera

I'm going to say Team Darkness since the game is called Black and White and that is the simplest name I can think of. I'm guessing it will be something fancier like Team Ebony or Team Eclipse. Maybe I'm completely wrong though and instead they'll call it Team Milky Way and we'll all call it a day.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Here's kind of what I'm hoping for.

Start off with Team Rocket, have them defeated by the new Team (Whatever), and have them do their own plan. Have Team Rocket face you twice, doing what they've been doing, trying to make money to rebuild, then have the new team come in and chase them out, making them the primary inhabitants.

This new team can then do what they want to do, which I can't think of something that hasn't been said. That kind of setup would be pretty cool, in my own opinion. The foreign person's threat would be partially carried out, and actually hint to the 5th generation, but it would also allow another team to be in the spotlight. Of course, you'd need to put in some hints about this new team, and maybe an encounter, like the Aqua grunt in Petalburg Forest, to kind of establish them a little bit, I guess, but it can still work.

cobraman228

My friends are my power.
Years

This. I'd hope for something incredibly cultish. Perhaps a cult obsessed with purity, and the other with chaos or corruption and they switch around as antagonists like Aqua and Magma in Ruby and Saphire. The Order of Lumis and The Umber Syndicate. That would fit with the light/darkness theme but it's a little over the top, evern more so than Team Galactic and their new universe idea.. I just hope they don't go for a "gain-control-of-the-legendary-and-use-it-for-our-evil-purpose-mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-look-at-how-evil-we-are-we-are-so-evil-bet-you-can't-defeat-our-zubats-and-stop-us"-esque plotline again as it's no longer original.

That brings me to my other point. Will the evil teams please STOP USING ZUBAT!!!! It's getting really old now!

Pure Awesomeness there

I'd go for

Black: Team Moon
White: Team Sun
Grey (You know its gonna happen): Team Magnetism

OK, instead of the Taking over of Legendary + Take over world = Teams Objective, I'd go for something more imaginative.

My idea is that Team Moon/Sun would try tol use the gravitational force of the Moon/Sun to threaten to destroy the earth. The Legendary, instead of being captured by said Team will fly/Appear before you battle Teams leader to test if you are powerful enough to defeat said leader.

In Grey Version, both teams would join together once you beat an important person in both Teams.

Just an idea ^_^

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
i hope no new evil teams, their gettin lamer in design (well the grunts are)
no more evil teams, bring back old favs, but theirs nothing else they can do:
end reality went to cyrus
world domination went to giovanni
fix the world threw cataclysmic means went to magma& aqua lol

theyve done everything :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Damn, I didn't even see this thread... I feel stupid now. :(

Well, they could probably go as far as to just taking over the Isshu region. They might not go crazy like Cyrus frm D/P/Pt.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So there was team rocket, team aqua, team magma and team galactic.
I'll go team moon.
No we need a team Ventus or Terra (wind and Earth in Latin) rather than team moon to make up for the Team Aqua,Magma theme of being latin words rather than space words like Rocket and Galactic.

Damn, I didn't even see this thread... I feel stupid now. :(

Well, they could probably go as far as to just taking over the Isshu region. They might not go crazy like Cyrus frm D/P/Pt.
I liked Cyrus he reminds me a lot of me... except crazier... I would want to creat my own Universe too but one that's peaceful and has Emotions,ect.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 15, 2011
I'd just like to see more than one team like in R/S/E... That would be awesome. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
The best name for the new "Team": Police
Let's **** thus lame guys standing around with their Growlithes dooing nothing then challenge little children. And u are a Grunt of the big bad Leader,
the lokal professor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back