• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Finish the Phrase: Team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
  • Team Chaos or Team Anarchy (I don't see the second as likely)

Since the games are called black and white, there will be a light legendary pokemon (good) and dark legendary pokemon (evil). Team Chaos is an evil organization who wants to destroy the light legendary pokemon and allow darkness and chaos to rule the world, thus bringing in an era of anarchy.

EDIT: just had the thought of a team light or something like that which wanted to destroy the dark pokemon and rid the world of all evil, but they also must be stopped because destroying one side would upset the balance between good and evil and cause a rift in the space-time continuum and destroy of all!

Last edited:

Xanatos13

Pokemon Whisperer
    Years
  • I think Team Dark or Team Light (or something to that effect) are the most likely scenarios. Team Day, Team Night perhaps?

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • Team Awesome and Team Epic.
    That would be awesome, and I would love to see there be a good team, much like in Ruby/Sapphire.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I think they should be as diabolicle as Team Galactic, I think they were a bit more roothless than Team Rocket...well the leader was anyway but what's this foreshadowing of the return of Team Rocket?

pikapip26

PikaXPip
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Maybe Team Illusion. Like they want Zorua/Zoroak! Though I don't think they are the mascots of Black/White, because the team always goes for the mascots of the games,

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Team Neo, Team Yin, Team Yang, Team Chrome ...
    It usually matches what the game is about;

DPPt :: Dialga and Palkia are Time and Space ; Team Galactic.
    RSE :: Groudon and Kyogre are Magma / Earth and Water / Aquatic ; Team Magma and Team Aqua.
    Black and White :: Seeing as they haven't released the legendaries yet, I'm expecting them to be Yin and Yang Pokemon ( Balance Pokemon ) so ; Team Neo [ A neo is the Yin Yang symbol in Greek Or German or somethin'. ] or Team Yin and Team Yang, or something. We'll have to base them off the Pokemon.

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
    Years
  • You guys are thinking too much inside the box.

Yea, there's been teams that have tried to shape the world, end the world, and take over the universe. Honestly, I'm sick of that. Oh, and the repeated use of Zubat, Rattata, Koffing, and Ekans.

How about a team that seems nice, but actually has a drastically evil undertone?

Imagine this: said team--henceforth known as Team Alpha--is simply a small contributor to a large corporation, like Silph Co. Team Alpha helps to develop potions and other healing items sold in stores for Pokemon. No one knows it, but slowly and surely, Team Alpha is going to start making demands on the sales of their potions and, eventually, come out on top as a major corporate superpower because no other company has enough power to manufacture and compete with Team Alpha (Silph Co. makes electronics, not potions. Porygon, anyone?) This is happening as the protagonist goes undercover to figure out what is going on along with a team of individuals who helps him along the way (Team Beta). They learn what Team Alpha is up to, but it's too late and potions can no longer be bought elsewhere except from Team Alpha. This leads to many sick Pokemon and brings in a lot of money for Team Alpha. Realizing what is happening, the protagonist and Team Beta have to take down the corporation.

See? It's not about taking over the world. It's a corporation taking over an economy in a field that must not be messed with: medicine. With the potions and stuff under their control, it's not hard to see why they would succeed at this. Also, it adds an interesting gameplay element in that after a certain point, buying potions and such becomes really really hard, which means you need to battle smart and not die. =/

Just an idea. Those team names are just for simplicity reasons. I like the name GenCorp. :D

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • I think the team should be named after the region. Team Isshua. Or Team Afar, since it's far away from the other regions.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    He's still in the distortion world! I don't like team rocket but I guess they will in fact return, like you said they foreshadowed there return... the new region is also in another country... even though the accent of that person didn't sound english to us... maybe because they wanted to keep it foreign... he might be from the Us as many speculate Isshu takes place in eastern NY state.

Sorry bout that, I havn't played DPP for a long time, and I don't watch the anamie, cause until they get rid of Ash it sucks.

AvianAzure

The Azurean Knight
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    *ahem* Team DY-NO-MYTE!!! sorry had to... Honestly no idea, Prolly something like Team Ebony and Ivory (Black and White) I don't care that much I just want to be able to join the bad guys for once.... But that'll never happen

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    idk I want a team that's not as lame looking as Team Galatic, and has better goals than Team aqua/ magma did. Can't think of any names for one tho.

Just for the lols: Lets say they make two teams and we call them " Yin and Yang"
    ( btw if someone said this idea already and liked it, dun read mah post lol sorry :p)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Why not bring back the aquas and magmas?
    They dissembled when they realized they had no control over Kyogre or Groudon. So, Team Aqua and Team Magma coming back seem unlikely, and as much as I enjoyed the plot in RSE, I would prefer to see a new team come to play rather than on old one. I had a decent idea a few pages back and I wouldn't mind that being implemented. My idea for team names though were Dusk and Dawn - to go with the effect of Dark and Light or Black and White.

I'd like to think that Pokémon can go beyond the idea of evil organizations though and develop a wide-ranged idea that's different from the past generations. I mean Pokémon can go very far with a ton of new ideas and plots, and having said that I think they could do well with something new instead of having an evil team try and control the game mascot to either control the world or something. A new plot, never used before, and put into a game that's looking great so far is what I want now. I mean, playing Pokémon for so long, knowing it can implement so many ideas into a game, the want for something new would be pretty nice.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

They dissembled when they realized they had no control over Kyogre or Groudon. So, Team Aqua and Team Magma coming back seem unlikely, and as much as I enjoyed the plot in RSE, I would prefer to see a new team come to play rather than on old one. I had a decent idea a few pages back and I wouldn't mind that being implemented. My idea for team names though were Dusk and Dawn - to go with the effect of Dark and Light or Black and White.

We assumed the same after R/B/Y too though yet they came back in G/S/C. Though I agree with you, I doubt that they or any past team will pry up again in B&W. Not with the new legendaries and region at least.

I imagine that they will have something to do with the game titles, like in R/S we had a different team depending on what game we chose, I can see the same happening here. Possibly one team doing evil for what they think is good and vice versa for the opposing game.

I'd like to see a more mature approach at an evil team though, not one that fails miserably like Team Rocket did, though they were pretty cool and original in R/B/Y they lost their flare in Johto, especially with the departure of Giovanni.

I'd like to see something different though, not just the obilgatory "we must catch ____ to take over the world" like in the other games. It'll be interesting to see what take they put on the evil organisations this time around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back