• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: [Finished] SURVIVOR PC - LEGENDCHU PRODUCTION'S MAIDEN VENTURE

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
    Let me be frank friend. Chu has quit. The pressure got to him, and it wasn't something any one person could control. There are people who want to play the event ,but without a host, how?

These are ideas. The host has pmed everyone saying that he quits, and we are making ideas to try to keep the game alive.

Now, as for your point. Forever has posted events, but to denounce other hosts simply based on whether they have hosted an event or not is unfair.

What it takes is a sense of leadership and flexibility, as well as the ability NOT to break down under stress, which is why I nominated myself. I also didn't say I wanted to do it alone, nor would that be the best idea. I was thinking a committee.

A committee of three people, ideally with a member on all the time, like me in the U.S. And Forever in Austrialia could allow events to be more round the clock, and thus more fair. It would also distribute the stress and idea making between 2-3 people would be ideal. There would be more rounded backgrounds to the committee.

Again, these are all ideas. With Chu leaving, either the game dies or new host take over. It's that simple.

Maybe I'm not "qualified" maybe a committee isn't the best choice.

So, lets have a simple vote, though since I'm on mobile I can't make bold, etc.

1. Committee or a single host?

2. Who do you want to nominate?

1. Committee.
    2. Forever, LegendChu or me, Dedenne1 (if she wants it.)

Why? Committee will be resilient, and my choices are in several countries, so timing shouldn't be an issue.

My choices are the most contributive I believe, excluding myself.

Years
    Man for real. *sigh*

Guys just tell me one thing any of you ever hosted a event other than forever?

I have.
    Not on PokéCommunity, but an event is an event.
    It lasted about as long as this one has, and it was really, really frustrating and infuriating.
    Probably because it was for 5-12 year-olds, but frustrating nonetheless.
    I don't want to believe that LegendChu is quitting, but I'll understand if he does. I'm guessing that a lot of the frustration came from me, anyway.
    Although, having multiple hosts that take turns hosting would help keep anger to a minimum.\
    I'll miss Chu, too, but if he really wants to leave, it's his choice and there's not much we can do about it.
    I know I don't usually make sense and end up hurting more than helping, but my only excuse is that I was trying too hard to be unique, to be "distinguishable". I don't really know why I was doing that or what caused it, but I'll stop trying now. It's only ever gotten in other people's way, so there's no point trying.

I'll just go along with whatever is suggested, unless someone tells me not to.
    So... my vote = + 1 to the highest-voted things.

Note: I take forever to edit things, apparently. I started typing this after Desinishon's post, started editing it before anyone else said anything, and it took me this long to just finish editing it.

we should all flood legendchu with private messages about how much he means to us, and force him to stay the host
    I sent him an apology a few hours ago, and it included words similar to "it won't be the same without any single member of the Event". Does that count?

d

I sent him an apology a few hours ago, and it included words similar to "it won't be the same without any single member of the Event". Does that count?

that is good

everyone follow mr. jelly's example

maybe sign the petition I posted on the last page for good measure

Years
    I have.
    Not on PokéCommunity, but an event is an event.
    It lasted about as long as this one has, and it was really, really frustrating and infuriating.
    Probably because it was for 5-12 year-olds, but frustrating nonetheless.
    I don't want to believe that LegendChu is quitting, but I'll understand if he does. I'm guessing that a lot of the frustration came from me, anyway.
    Although, having multiple hosts that take turns hosting would help keep anger to a minimum.\
    I'll miss Chu, too, but if he really wants to leave, it's his choice and there's not much we can do about it.
    I know I don't usually make sense and end up hurting more than helping, but my only excuse is that I was trying too hard to be unique, to be "distinguishable". I don't really know why I was doing that or what caused it, but I'll stop trying now. It's only ever gotten in other people's way, so there's no point trying.

I'll just go along with whatever is suggested, unless someone tells me not to.
    So... my vote = + 1 to the highest-voted things.

Note: I take forever to edit things, apparently. I started typing this after Desinishon's post, started editing it before anyone else said anything, and it took me this long to just finish editing it.

1. I compare it to making a ROM hack, in that, its a lot a lot of work, its hard to make new ideas sometimes, you have to try to make your ideas appealing to your audience, you need a rock solid drive or you will burn out, and you need a good amount of free time, or to be able to dedicate all your free time to the project.

2. I would get why too, but to be honest (and I bet a lot of people are thinking this) the last straw was his retort about my signature (3 AM is again, not the best time to change your siggy) when I said it was a joke. I tried to basically make Snowy happy by explaining it, but Chu retorted, and Snowy was done at that point. From there, I was like "one of the brightest people here has left, this is just enough" and then I left. THAT'S when Chu posted the message. So, I can see why I wont be nominated, bout I do hope the committee idea is adopted, so that this wont happen again.
    3. That's what I think. It's chus decision.4. Same, I should have just been how I am irl instead of going into "survivor" mode

4. No, make a vote. You are important to this event, and you have never called such attention like that to yourself. Make a vote buddy!
    5. That counts man, anything to let Chu know that we want him back.

Years
    Okay my friend then we are going to do it your way.

Who are you nominating yourself?
    Hmmm..nobody

why these guys answer to those question?
    I'll try talk to someone else & see if they can arrange for another host, who unlike me, will pander to u & will run this Event according to ur wishes & demands.
    That's what chu wrote in his pm. So don't stress yourself finding someone to host.

If you want to keep thread alive writing posts, you're free to do man.

leadership and flexibility are muk if you don't have confidence to start a event yourself.

Why try to snatch other guys work? why don't you start your event if you have so called leadership or flexibility or not to break down under stress.

Start a new event we will see how you maintain it, I think I assumed wrong thing, we will see if anyone participate in your event or not that's right c:

Years
    The petition thing seems like a good idea, but...
    LegendChu said that he didn't want to host because of all of the stress it was causing him and that it was negatively impacting his life. I won't sign it yet, but I will once it seems like we can do this without being annoying and maybe participate without trying to seize control (because we did that a few times >_>). For now, I think the committee thing is a good plan, since it'll give everyone a taste of being host and the suffering that comes with it (except less, since we all know what not to do now ...right?). And despite what I said before about my vote just being added to the most-voted vote, I think that:

1. Committee, since it means that the Challenges will be more balanced... and not complete RNG.
    2. Your Everyday Ghost, since I think that him running the Event could end up being really interesting and fun (or a big mistake) and DyingWillFlareon, since she didn't actually participate in arguments or whine (or I'm missing something).

And maybe every once in a while, other players who weren't part of the committee could make a Challenge or two (also, can there be more Challenges (real Challenges, not RNG) and less Challenge Questions)? I think it would be fun to see everyone's ideas.

Edit (sort of): I typed this before seeing the two posts before this, missed the Submit Reply button, went to plant something, and then came back. I really don't want to have to spend another hour editing this, so I'm leaving it as it is.

A real edit: I meant to say "after" where the second "before" is. Oh well {XD}.

Last edited:

Years
    Okay my friend then we are going to do it your way.

Who are you nominating yourself?
    Hmmm..nobody

why these guys answer to those question?

That's what chu wrote in his pm. So don't stress yourself finding someone to host.

If you want to keep thread alive writing posts, you're free to do man.

leadership and flexibility are muk if you don't have confidence to start a event yourself.

Why try to snatch other guys work? why don't you start your event if you have so called leadership or flexibility or not to break down under stress.

Start a new event we will see how you maintain it, I think I assumed wrong thing, we will see if anyone participate in your event or not that's right c:
    1. So you vote no one. So, what then, let the game die?

2. Because Chu said he quit, and there are a lot of people who still want to play. We are all making ideas, trying to figure things out.

3. Yes, I'm trying to keep it alive, so I'm trying to post suggestions.

4. Confidence? That's not really what I believe to be needed, but to each their own.

5. Steal his work? He literally quit. Snatch his idea? I'm not man, I'm making suggestions and putting forward a voting process. I believe a committee is useful here in this situation, but I'm not somehow taking control of the game, telling people in the new host, etc. We are playing with people all around the world, with different time zones, so I believe a team with different time zones and thoughts would make the game more fluid and less likely to break again.

You're basically saying that "well, we had a single pillar holding up a mansion for a time, but it didn't really work. I know, lets put another single pillar up!"
    It doesn't make sense, even if the successor is chosen by LegendChu. I don't want a successor that "caters to my whims and wishes" I want one or a few that will take criticism with open hands and develop his strategy or their strategy accordingly, not someone who lies down and just does what we say.

I'm not here to start a new event, nor did I say that I could make one interesting enough to begin with. I just see myself as part of the game, and I want to try to help if possible, but you calling me a thief and saying I'm not qualified, while pointing to phantoms and hoping for the best, isn't a solution.

My solution may not be the best, but please tell me what you have my friend. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Believe me hosting an event is not easy what so ever. I have helped host what we called WAR which was teams compeating in different parts of the board...role play, art, writing...etc and it's not easy keeping everyone happy. Keep track of everything and everyone and keeping with the schedule. We should give Chu a day or so before we go replacing him...it is his event after all no matter what happens.

Years
    One thing I've noticed guys. 7 members of the game are all online, which shows how concerned some people are about the fate of the game. In fact, before today, we never had that many people online at one time. So, we are all curious as to what will happen, and we all have a sort of unified consciousness about this. We are all fairly close now, and I think that this is pretty great to be honest. Not the stopping of the game, but everyone coming together like this. It's really awesome.

Years
    Believe me hosting an event is not easy what so ever. I have helped host what we called WAR which was teams compeating in different parts of the board...role play, art, writing...etc and it's not easy keeping everyone happy. Keep track of everything and everyone and keeping with the schedule. We should give Chu a day or so before we go replacing him...it is his event after all no matter what happens.
    I do agree with this. I wanted to wait to post my solution, until Forever posted hers, so I figured why not. I think the best thing would be for Chu to come back, possibly with an assistant to help load some of the stress off of him. I guess its a bit to early, so I will not post anything new for at least 12 hours. I will watch now.

Absolutely, this is his event and I. Not trying to pretend that I would be a suitable replacement for him. So I will again, wait to see what happens.

Years
    Don't you see......let me say this your way again ; ) . You talked about ROM hacking don't ya c:

Let assume a guy made awesome ROM hack but then he says he quits.

I dare you start working on his hack where he left.

Answer is obvious you'll not.

What if he quits, guy said he will find someone.

I don't want a successor that "caters to my whims and wishes" I want one or a few that will take criticism with open hands and develop his strategy or their strategy accordingly, not someone who lies down and just does what we say.

You're literally saying whoever chu chooses isn't worthy .....

My solution give chu some time
    to cool off.

What if you guys start doing your thing and chu come and say he will host or bring new host then what?

You see I'm itching for a salt war because it's been so long since I last had in UG.

But I think I'll end up breaking rules and some guys. So I'll hold back for time being.

Years
    Something that's ironic and a little sad is that LegendChu said that their were people in the Event who were impatient and stress-inducing, and a few that legitimately wanted the Event to progress, and I'm pretty sure now that I'm in both categories.
    Which doesn't really make sense.
    I can do the "doesn't really make sense" part without trying, now...
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh fyi I wasn't talking about perma replacing - I just said I'd volunteer to host in the interim for him to have a break and recoup.

Years
    Don't you see......let me say this your way again ; ) . You talked about ROM hacking don't ya c:

Let assume a guy made awesome ROM hack but then he says he quits.

I dare you start working on his hack where he left.

Answer is obvious you'll not.

What if he quits, guy said he will find someone.

You're literally saying whoever chu chooses isn't worthy .....

My solution give chu some time
    to cool off.

What if you guys start doing your thing and chu come and say he will host or bring new host then what?

You see I'm itching for a salt war because it's been so long since I last had in UG.

But I think I'll end up breaking rules and some guys. So I'll hold back for time being.
    First of all, I didn't compare an event to ROM hacking in that way. What I said was SOME of the same skills used in creation of a ROM hack could be used in making an event, based on my experience with ROM hacking and from how I've seen Chu make the event.

So, your "Someone quits a ROM hack" doesn't apply.

Instead, I will pick something more general, and non-niche market.

There is a program called openoffice.org. It is an open source project where people can change the program as they wish. When Oracle bought Sun Microsystems, they pretty much made constraints on the project that were impractical. So, the developers who worked on it took the body of work, made by different founders, and forked it into what is now the largest open source office program in the world, Libreoffice.

My point is that if a game has enough interest, it can be carried on through different successors.

Again, your plan is to wait for some perfect host, which isn't much of a plan at all. In fact, you are ASSUMING that this host would be better then actual players, based solely on the fact that he'd be nominated by Legendchu. That's a misguided belief.

For example, lets say I nominate my brother to take control of a company I've invested 20 years in. I really like him and don't know who else to nominate, so I pick him. But, he doesn't know anything about business. How do we know the host Chu picks has hosted before? We don't.

I would accept Chu, but I would STRONGLY recommend that he have an assistant to help cut him some slack, so that he doesn't quit again. As for who he brings in? We would give them a test run, but if we go for like 2 weeks with a new committee, I'm sure the new host can be absorbed in said committee.

I have no idea what a salt war is. If that means you are ready to pick a fight, please leave. We've had enough bullshit without having yet another argument or fight. If I am wrong, I do not mean to sound rude then, but seriously, if you are trying to "break some guys" why stay? Just to troll? Please...

Back