• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: [Finished] SURVIVOR PC - LEGENDCHU PRODUCTION'S MAIDEN VENTURE

Years
    Actually, it sort of works of Linux. I don't know what causes it, but a friend of mine managed to launch it on their Google Chromebook (worst idea for a computer ever) which had Linux installed. I thought that meant that it worked on Linux and/or Chromebooks, but it didn't work on either of them, and it stopped working on the Chromebook that my friend had after it was updated.

I also have a different different game.
    First person to figure out what video game series this sound comes from wins!
    (It actually took me over an hour to just find the right sound effect -_-...)

This link leads to a Google Drive thing that I don't really understand yet, but that's where I put the sound since I didn't want to link it to the place I found the sound because it literally uses the game's name in the URL, and I don't know how to make it so that people can download audio files from here.

You know, in the time it took, I could've just thought of four other games instead, but I think the sound is a great sound, especially if you loop it over and over. It's from a Nintendo game, and if you want really obvious hint:
    Spoiler:

And Desinishon, not everyone cares about making sense. Not making sense is what I was created for {:3}!

Also, since people on PokéCommunity use Skype a lot, why don't we just use something like that to make things like this easier I'm definitely not just suggesting it just so I don't have to do all of this audio conversion if this ever happens again or because it takes me a really long time to even post anything >_>. Plus, then it just makes it really easy to listen to the sound on loop (I'm starting to realize that the true purpose of this game was just to make everyone hear the sound).

By the way, try writing a random paragraph with the word sound bolded and included in every sentence. After a while, sound stops looking like a real word.

Note: Once again, I typed, edited, and posted this without noticing that other people had responded in the time it took for me to start typing and finish editing (which isn't actually surprising).

Last edited:

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
    Years
    Hm...This thread went into an entirely different direction than expected.
    Anyways, the link just opened Google Drive for me and there weren't any files, it actually said "Drop files here" or something. It also froze my browser for a few seconds, whoops.
    I also have to apologize for not being so active, but I've been going through some stuff and I didn't want to participate in the drama.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
    Dk whats going on right now but @Nonibros you quit the game...your out so really your not exactly welcome in the thread anymore....Sorry but that is how events usually run,
    Oh, thanks for the input friend. I really didn't know how events work, because as I've said, this is my first one.

But quick question. By that logic, LegendChu has quit as well, so does that mean he can't become host again?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Oh, thanks for the input friend. I really didn't know how events work, because as I've said, this is my first one.

But quick question. By that logic, LegendChu has quit as well, so does that mean he can't become host again?

LegendChu has unofficially quit as in hes said he will but he hasnt contacted a mod or anyone saying he will or not. As of right now since I've been pming him hes just trying to calm down and think on it. If he does wish to officially quit he will contact a mod and him and said mod will likely put someone else in charge of hosting the event or the event will be closed all together. :3

Years
    LegendChu has unofficially quit as in hes said he will but he hasnt contacted a mod or anyone saying he will or not. As of right now since I've been pming him hes just trying to calm down and think on it. If he does wish to officially quit he will contact a mod and him and said mod will likely put someone else in charge of hosting the event or the event will be closed all together. :3
    Take that back, I'm out unless Chu wants me here. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Years
    You should hold off just in case. My link has no reprocessing!

That's aurocorrect.

Also guys why is phone so hard for you guys? I post 99% of my posts here on my phone cuz I'm lazy lol but I'm good with it for the most part :)
    Phones have such small "keys" compared to computers. I'm also a tech, so I constantly use a computer, where as on the phone I only seldom text.

It's also a pain in the ass when the phone auto corrects to words that make no sense. I'd rather it be spelled wrong lol.

Keyboard is just more comfy I guess, haha.

Years
    I think I missed something important, but I'll never know what (if I did, I blame sleep and libraries).

I just tested the Google Drive thing without being signed in to see what happened, but it told me to sign in, so I asked a friend to test the link, and it didn't have anything there.
    Google is weird.
    The sound was just from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and was just Link drowning over and over. It's a great thing to listen to for stress relief, though!

And Nonibros... why did you quote me, edit your post five times, and then delete it? I thought I missed something or broke PokéCommunity...

Years
    I think I missed something important, but I'll never know what (if I did, I blame sleep and libraries).

I just tested the Google Drive thing without being signed in to see what happened, but it told me to sign in, so I asked a friend to test the link, and it didn't have anything there.
    Google is weird.
    The sound was just from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and was just Link drowning over and over. It's a great thing to listen to for stress relief, though!

And Nonibros... why did you quote me, edit your post five times, and then delete it? I thought I missed something or broke PokéCommunity...

I was TRYING to say I liked your avatar, but it was either spelled Incorrectly, and I kept messing up, so I deleted it. Sorry bud.

Years
    Oh, thank you, Nonibros!

Since LegendChu didn't say anything today, is it safe to assume that I can just show everyone the game? Unlike the other sound effect thing, it'll actually work this time, since I'm just going to link directly to the tribute website (and if anyone's worried about security issues or viruses, then I'll also link to the creator's website).

Years
    Oh, thank you, Nonibros!

Since LegendChu didn't say anything today, is it safe to assume that I can just show everyone the game? Unlike the other sound effect thing, it'll actually work this time, since I'm just going to link directly to the tribute website (and if anyone's worried about security issues or viruses, then I'll also link to the creator's website).

If i may. I say that if its really important to the game, wait just another day. If its a fun side event, and you're really itching to post it, then do so bud.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think there's nothing wrong with Nonibros here, I know if I was eliminated I'd still hang here :)

Years
    Well, I've decided.
    I'll just share the game with everyone today, and if LegendChu was planning on using it for a Challenge later, then I can just give him a harder version of the game to use >:).

Anyway, the game is called Cave Story. It was released on December 20th, 2004, and is widely regarded as the game that revolutionized the indie game genre. It can be downloaded from its tribute website, where you'll need to download the game and a language patch, unless you're fine with Japanese (the Aeon Genesis translation is the best translation, in my opinion). There are instructions on what to do to set it up (it doesn't take long), and once you do that, you're good to go!

And if you want to download it from the creator's website, well... good luck, since it's pretty messy and entirely in Japanese, and if you try translating the page, the download links disappear. And it takes a lot of guessing to even find the download...

The first person to get the best ending wins something, I suppose (I'll explain how to do that later, first I want to see everyone attempt to get it. I found it after about three weeks of searching, though, so I'll just tell everyone how to do it if someone asks. It won't really do much, either, since you'll have to go through what's probably the world's hardest final area in a video game and a boss rush...). I'll let Forever or whomever is filling in for Chu decide.
    The game is a platformer and is sort of similar to a Mega Man game (just better and less repetitive, except it has fetch quests ;-;).

Controls below (since it takes a really long time to figure them out without help)!:
    Spoiler:

Note: The navy blue text can be clicked on!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I think there's nothing wrong with Nonibros here, I know if I was eliminated I'd still hang here :)

He wasn't eliminated he just flat out quit and then thought he could possibly take over from what it seemed like to me. Where as the other two people who quit actually quit and never really came back.

Years
    He wasn't eliminated he just flat out quit and then thought he could possibly take over from what it seemed like to me. Where as the other two people who quit actually quit and never really came back.
    You are right that I quit. However, it seems that I keep being misunderstood with the coming back, and the reason why I quit.

I quit out of anger, because my forum pair quit because of the bickering back and forth, even though I tried to assure her that I was sorry and would change. I tried to apologize and then when I was ready to put everything in the past between me and Chu, and did explain my SIG, he unfortunately retorted, and that was it for Snowy, and so I straight up quit too.

However, I remembered that when the game first started it was exciting and challenging, and I did, and do, wish to play. But, and I think alot might agree, the game had turned into a mess, and no one knew what was going on anymore. It was a lot of arguing and trolling on both sides and it wasn't what I wanted.

Finally, when Chu quit, I tried to think of why, and I think its because an event with this many people, from around the world, with differing views, was simply too much for him alone.

So, I though, maybe I can try to bring everyone back together by proposing ideas. Unfortunately that was a flop, no one liked them, and I got constant harassment from a lot of people, some right, but a lot was very rude. I do see where everyone came from now, except for ninja queen.

So, I've decided to back off, and will see what happens, but I would still like to play. I've asked Chu in a pm whether HE wants me to play or not, and I did apologize to him.

Final finally, as you can see, I'm not trying to take over or whatever, and I never was. Did I nominate myself? Yes. Not the best idea in retrospect, but I did try.

As you can see, I could have retorted again to Deshinon and Dedenne1, but I'm not.

Instead, I'm just trying to be friendly and quite now, and that's all it is. Am I out of the game? Unto Chu responds, I will assume yes. But you know, that doesn't mean I have to leave this thread, as long as I can be diplomatic, which I think I am.

Thank you for reading, and again, I do apologize for my past actions.

Sincerely,
    Nonibros.

Years
    ... Why can't we just play games and avoid all of the anger and sadness? Chu left because of it, and he won't think about coming back until it stops. So for now, why don't we just... do random things and yell about video games?

Years
    ... Why can't we just play games and avoid all of the anger and sadness? Chu left because of it, and he won't think about coming back until it stops. So for now, why don't we just... do random things and yell about video games?
    Right?! My idea exactly!

Did you try out my games? I opened yours, but PC was Down so I had no instructions, and now I'm a bit busy what with having work tomorrow, lol.

Back