• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • When I heard the music in the demo, I was instantly taken aback by how similar it sounds compared to the original RS(E). Total nostalgia rush.

I'm very glad that GameFreak did not change a whole lot of the music like what they did with HGSS. The music in HGSS was rather decent actually, but I think quite a lot of people will be pissed if they didn't include the GB sound player.

The Rustboro/Mossdeep City theme does sound kinda mushed in the beginning, hopefully it's a demo bug.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Since pokemon.com says "be sure that you have opted in to receive marketing email messages by October 20 to make sure you get the next newsletter", does this mean we'll be waiting until the 20th to actually receive the newsletter?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2014
    Since pokemon.com says "be sure that you have opted in to receive marketing email messages by October 20 to make sure you get the next newsletter", does this mean we'll be waiting until the 20th to actually receive the newsletter?

We aren't getting the code until October 21st. I'm so annoyed with Nintendo. The rest of the world pretty much gets the demo now and we still have to wait a week. This is annoying to every extent. I'm almost done with Nintendo to be honest.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    We aren't getting the code until October 21st. I'm so annoyed with Nintendo. The rest of the world pretty much gets the demo now and we still have to wait a week. This is annoying to every extent. I'm almost done with Nintendo to be honest.

It could be worse. You could be in Europe and get the actual games a whole week later.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well the confusing thing is that Serebii mentions the 21st, but Pokebeach mentions tomorrow, so it's sort of a toss up at this point. No official source confirms that the day we can input the code is the 21st. It may be that the 20th is the last day one can sign up and still get the e-mail if they want to get the Demo.

TPC's info says that it won't be distributed until the letter that will be emailed. The letter won't be emailed until the 21st. As for actual Demo Dates, since we can't even get the code for the demo until then, any later puts us too close to the actual release. Its an appropriate punishment, but still. 21st is the earliest and we are still the last to get the demo. Codes can't be redeemed if they aren't given out.

Since pokemon.com says "be sure that you have opted in to receive marketing email messages by October 20 to make sure you get the next newsletter", does this mean we'll be waiting until the 20th to actually receive the newsletter?

The letter will be either than Monday or Tuesday the 21st. Since you have until late that night on the 20th, I think its the 21st.

Do you know why we're getting it late? The US and Canada broke Nintendo's rules. Canada broke distribution laws and released some games early. The US leaked vital information after being repeatedly asked not to. Its due punishment that we deserve. If we weren't spoiled rotten and think everything needs to be handed to us on a silver platter things like this wouldn't happen. More companies need to do this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2015
    I'm Irish too, didn't get an email from Amazon... might email amazon later about it, can't ATM

Heard any more on it? It's not even up on the e store from what I can see?

How do you get a code if you're in Ireland?

Are we not important enough?

From Ireland myself and have preordered with gamestop

Heard nothing about it I rang yesterday and they havent been told anything about it and to ring back in 2 weeks, usual run a round answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • I didn't realize that the US and Canada broke some rules. Being that it's just a demo, it's not the end of the world. I figured if we were being punished for something that it may have had to do with the Super Smash Demo release where a few codes that went out to platinum members were being auctioned off on eBay. It's a problem with American culture that we have to capitalize on something that's supposed to be fun and for fans.

I guess I'm glad this isn't the case, and I can live another week without the demo. If anything it'll just be that much more exciting when we do get it. It will be difficult to avoid all the spoilers out there, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The only problem with this is we will have less days for the surprise if we play everyday. I don't know if it's a set amount of day that we need to play to get that special thing or play everyday once the demo is out to get the special event, I hope it's the first one since we get it later.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I've finished the demo 100% and I can't see any reason to play it again? The demo itself doesn't even mention to play it everyday so I find it highly unlikely that it will unlock anything if you do.

Playing everyday probably just meant It was more likely casual players would unlock all the bonus items to send over to your actual game (Heal Balls, Heart Scales ect.)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I finally received my code via email after checking multiple times throughout today! However I can't play for at least another hour as I'm at work until 5:30pm. I'll definitely make sure to post progress and any details as I'm playing! n_n

Years
  • Currently going through my 5th go of the demo, so far the only extra thing ive earnt is some pokébálls i can send to the main game but cant use in the demo

Last edited:

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • I have a spare code for the UK or Ireland region. Just gonna cost 50 euro. ha. Nah just message me.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The Game automatically saves once you've completed your first run of the demo. I've just played then and the graphics and music are stunning! I'm really impressed with the amount of effort and detail that have gone into these games to make them look so similar to the originals. Also I discovered that Mauville has some sort of new facility, we saw it has had a make-over being surrounded by walls and what not, but on the Pokenav reporter it stated something about a Food Court in Mauville City!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    From Ireland myself and have preordered with gamestop

Heard nothing about it I rang yesterday and they havent been told anything about it and to ring back in 2 weeks, usual run a round answer.

In the top left of the e-shop you click it and select the option to "redeem code" (or something like that) enter in the code and it after you enter the code it lets you download the 'Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Special Demo'

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Yes I visited Game Mania today and received the code, but I can't find the demo anywhere in the EShop.

When you are in the e-shop press the menu button in the top left corner. And press on use download code and then download it. You should have gotten instruction on how to download it with the code you got.

Back