• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Recently, it was announced that there would be a demo for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. This is the first time that I am aware of such a thing being released for a main series Pokemon game. So, what do you think the stand alone story will be like? What Pokemon do you think you'll be able to catch? And just what is the mysterious new mega Pokemon that will be obtainable and importable into the retail versions of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/special-demo-version

Given the convenient inclusion of the Space Center, it seems possible that the new mega might be related to space. There are a handful of Pokemon that this could be, but the notable ones are Clefable and Deoxys. It doesn't seem at all farfetched that they would give a Pokemon modeled after DNA the next step of Pokemon transformation, and the fact that it originates from space could place it in the course of the demo. But honestly, that seems like a stretch to me. Clefable would be a cool one to though, especially since it was originally the flagship Pokemon family before Pikachu replaced it.

23 September Staff edit: Update #1

25 October Staff edit: DO NOT ASK FOR DEMO CODES IN THIS THREAD.

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Recently, it was announced that there would be a demo for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. This is the first time that I am aware of such a thing being released for a main series Pokemon game. So, what do you think the stand alone story will be like? What Pokemon do you think you'll be able to catch? And just what is the mysterious new mega Pokemon that will be obtainable and importable into the retail versions of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/special-demo-version

Given the convenient inclusion of the Space Center, it seems possible that the new mega might be related to space. There are a handful of Pokemon that this could be, but the notable ones are Clefable and Deoxys. It doesn't seem at all farfetched that they would give a Pokemon modeled after DNA the next step of Pokemon transformation, and the fact that it originates from space could place it in the course of the demo. But honestly, that seems like a stretch to me. Clefable would be a cool one to though, especially since it was originally the flagship Pokemon family before Pikachu replaced it.
The first downloadable one, as the rest were restricted to stores/events.

I have a feeling the demo will be closer to Emerald in terms of some elements. The Mega could even belong to Rayquaza...I want it go get a Primal though.

I hope that our starter will have their Mega stone, and that we can evolve them. That way we can see which stats they are best at to get the right nature and so on.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Wait, the first demo? Ruby and Sapphire had a demo back in '02 at store kiosks, and so did Diamond and Pearl before their debut. This is the first downloadable demo we're getting though, and the first one to let us transfer a Pokemon to our actual cartridge since that elusive shadow Metang event in Colosseum's demo. Needless to say, I'm super excited. I would normally guess we're getting a Beldum/Metagross from Steven if not for the shiny Beldum event, and I don't think it'll be a legendary. I'm going to go out on a limb and hope for Mega Starmie. It has some connections to space and isn't doing too hot in the XY metagame.

And what's that bit about the bonus for playing everyday? I can't wait to find out!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Okay first off, the images of Mossdeep on the website look so amazing. Hoenn really does look great in the XY overworld graphics. My favorite is this one, you can even see the water from the ledge!

I was wondering why Mossdeep City. It could be because it has specific elements that they wanted to show off, like the overworld, or maybe because the sideplot just has something to do with the Space Center. I think maybe assuming there is going to be a Mega Evolution might be a little too far, however, maybe the Space Center was chosen to reveal something deliberately.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm thrilled that they decided to give us early access to the game, especially ot being restricted to just one specific country. I'm expecting to complete a small storyline in which you are rewarded with a Mega Stone of a new unannounced Mega Evolution Pokemon which can then be transferred to the games the following month.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Does anyone know if there will be a demo release for Europe? Definitely getting this if it does come to Europe! Also, PLEASE let it be to people with Nintendo IDs like the Super Mario Deluxe game code for free!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Okay first off, the images of Mossdeep on the website look so amazing. Hoenn really does look great in the XY overworld graphics. My favorite is this one, you can even see the water from the ledge!

I was wondering why Mossdeep City. It could be because it has specific elements that they wanted to show off, like the overworld, or maybe because the sideplot just has something to do with the Space Center. I think maybe assuming there is going to be a Mega Evolution might be a little too far, however, maybe the Space Center was chosen to reveal something deliberately.
They actually say on the site promoting the demo that there's a new mega evolution in the demo, so it's not far out to assume really.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
I was sure I posted here. Seems that I have a bad case of amnesia or something.

Does anybody now when the demo will be released?

As far I am concerned -and as previously mentioned- no demo was ever released for Pokemon. I can't even think until which point we will be allowed to play.

Moreover usually demos do not have any funcionality that might enable you to send the demo save-data to an actual game. Let's say you train a Pokemon during the demo... then that's a Pokemon you know you're not getting back.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong please :)

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I hope it is the original Mew. I have seen it in space before either on a movie or on a video game.

I think even in the opening credits for the original anime Mew and Mewtwo are in space for a bried second? And Pokemon Snap's stage with Mew always looked like space to me :)

I'd be delighted to play the demo! I'd be nervous that it'll have some kind of a "buy this game and get the code!" clause. That would be terrible....

Years
They actually say on the site promoting the demo that there's a new mega evolution in the demo, so it's not far out to assume really.

I really hope I can say this as I am playing the demo,

"Holy S***! That Mega Milotic is Beautiful!"

Hmm, so I am hoping for an oceanic scenery for the mega reveal, but it seems like they would take this time to reveal a legendary pokemon, so perhaps you right about Deoxys, or even Jirachi in relation to the Space Center.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years

WOW I never noticed that so now this suddenly becomes really interesting. What Mega could be in Mossdeep City, I wonder? I would have guessed Metagross since Steven lives there, but maybe another Psychic-type since that's the gym's type.

Years
I think they chose it because it's important to the story. I mean, there's the Space Center there, where you meet Team Aqua/Magma, the 7th Gym Leader is there (Tate and Liza), and you just got to witness Team Aqua/Magma take a submarine underwater which you'll find shortly, as well as it being Steven's hometown (He's coincidentally in the demo as well). It's a focal point of the story imo. That, plus what you mentioned could definitely be a good reason as well.

I can't wait to get it, as I do intend to play it all day, every day. I can't wait to see what surprises are in the demo!
Uh you only meet Magma there, and that is in Emerald...

Maybe it has something to do with that white stone in Mossdeep. It could be the monolith linked to Mega Evolution that is going to appear in the upcoming Mega special (if they add it into the games, which is possible).

Years
Now I am super exited now that I know there will be another secret mega evolution >~<

But seriously it's probably gonna slow down the eShop for some people like I heard the Smash Bros. Demo did(unless platinum members get an even earlier access code).

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It is indeed intriguing. I wonder if the mega is even going to be the same for every person's demo...? Probably will be, though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
It is indeed intriguing. I wonder if the mega is even going to be the same for every person's demo...? Probably will be, though.

This kind of makes me think that instead of using the demo to introduce a new Mega Pokemon, they will probably just use it to show off the already-announced ORAS Mega Evolutions. Looking at the wording, it kind of implies that Pokemon refers to all of the new ones, instead of singular (implying a new Mega Evolution). "During the course of this adventure, you'll be surprised to encounter familiar Pokémon that can now Mega Evolve!" If there was an "a" before familiar it would have indicated a singular, "new," Mega Evolution but "encounter familiar Pokemon" implies, to me, that there's more than one Mega Evolution in the demo.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
This kind of makes me think that instead of using the demo to introduce a new Mega Pokemon, they will probably just use it to show off the already-announced ORAS Mega Evolutions. Looking at the wording, it kind of implies that Pokemon refers to all of the new ones, instead of singular (implying a new Mega Evolution). "During the course of this adventure, you'll be surprised to encounter familiar Pokémon that can now Mega Evolve!" If there was an "a" before familiar it would have indicated a singular, "new," Mega Evolution but "encounter familiar Pokemon" implies, to me, that there's more than one Mega Evolution in the demo.
Well, the fact that you have Game Link in it says to me that they probably want you to send stuff that's new in some way to the main games. Maybe it is an existing mega, who knows, but I think that whatever it is probably won't be released any other way at first. This kind of reminds me of the events of the past where they released a Pokemon on older games to have a special event in game based on those, like getting Zoroark in Black and White, and the Creation Trio in HGSS. I think this is just what they're doing instead of stuff like that.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It may be also that the Magma/Aqua admins use megas for the demo too, so while we may well be getting a stone to transfer over, they may use megas of their own that we'd have to battle against.

Years
After looking at your and Necrum posts I am starting to wonder if it may be the Diancite. Steven is involved so it'll make sense.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
Years
It would be good if you got a little place in space that you can go to that would be cool but don't see that heppening

Back