• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Rom Hack you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    The First hack i played is Dragonstone.. ehehe... the emerald ones.. that's the thing that i discovered hacking!

theEND

Veteran Pixel Artist/Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2008
    Chaos Black was my first ;0 I found it on a ROM site

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Chaos Black was my first ;0 I found it on a ROM site

lol, I actually bought Chaos Black in a shop o.0
    It was so dumb of me..damn pirates.. And it was also the first hack I ever played XD

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • My FIrst hack played was really earyl release of Pokemon Mitic Islands. The hack was a hack of Fire Red. But then i figured out that MItic Island was using Maps from Rijonadventures. so i googled Rijonadventures and i what i get was Pokecommunity.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • My first Hack I've ever played is Shiny Gold Beta 4. I remember I had and old account which is made in 2006, at that time, there are not much interesting hacks, so I haven't been active for a year. On 2007, I saw Shiny Gold Beta 4, which made me joined here for the second time.

Cid

Years
  • DJG's "Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends" would be the first ROM hack I played, and that inspired me to hack, too.

I remember when I was surprised to see a DP Pokemon in a GBA game... ^^

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
  • Pokemon Shiny gold! My friend had it on his GBA. *Pirates!!!* I found it entertaining and thought that Nintendo made it. After I joined, I found Pokemon shinygold beta 4 and I played it. I also played PRDROL and Pokemon Legend of dragons. They were all great hacks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    The first hack I played was Quartz, disliked the fakemon in it. So I then started playing some GBC hacks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    The first hack I ever played was Genesis. Now I'm making 4 of the GYM leader sprites for it. :)

I joined PC for the hacks. One of my friends asked me to make an emulation forum at my board just like the ones here, so I decided to check this place out.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • The First "Rom-Hack" I played wasn't really a rom-hack, it was
    Swedish translation of Pokemon Silver.
    To get it working I had to learn about Roms, Emulation, IPS and that stuff.
    I started searching for more translations, and found
    Whack A Hack, learned a little about Hacking...

I then noticed "Pokemon ShinyGold" on WAH,
    so I guess Shinygold would be the first real "Rom-Hack" I played.
    (2nd would be Pokemon Brown)

After I'd learned a little about hacking, I found
    PokeCommunity, and...

A Dream came true... ^^

//44tim44

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back