• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Florida Accidentally Bans Sex

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Hmm. Interesting. Makes me wanna go there just to break the law. That'd be a thrill.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    While the law will obviously never be interpreted as that, it's still lolworthy.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • LOL that's so awesome. They should get busy while they can, because come October 1 it's all over. Poor Floridans...

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Boy am I glad I live here in the Netherlands...

I do hope there won't be any lawsuits because of this.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The "not so" link on that page says

The problem with this interpretation is that the statute itself explicitly distinguishes between "persons" and "animals," prohibiting sex acts between the two groups. A court facing a question of interpreting the statute would almost certainly read the statute's use of the term "animals" as "non-human animals," both to avoid absurdity and to conform with (1) the intent of the drafters; (2) the purpose of the statute; and (3) a commonly used (if scientifically inaccurate) understanding of the term 'animal" to exclude humans.

So.... not really.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022

Just shows how stupid some people can be these days. I can't believe this is actually a real ban.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • Damn, that was the longest article I've ever read. tl;dr version please?

But no, seriously, I'd like to see exactly what the wording was, that turned "Prevent Bestiality, Acquire Animal Welfare", to "No sex allowed". Is it even physically possible to screw up the wording that bad?

Also...

Last edited:

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • But no, seriously, I'd like to see exactly what the wording was, that turned "Prevent Bestiality, Acquire Animal Welfare", to "No sex allowed". Is it even physically possible to screw up the wording that bad?
    Here.
    According to that law:

"A person may not:
    (a) Knowingly engage in any sexual conduct or sexual
    contact with an animal;
    (b) Knowingly cause, aid, or abet another person to engage
    in any sexual conduct or sexual contact with an animal;
    (c) Knowingly permit any sexual conduct or sexual contact
    with an animal to be conducted on any premises under his or her
    charge or control; or
    (d) Knowingly organize, promote, conduct, advertise, aid,
    abet, participate in as an observer, or perform any service in
    the furtherance of an act involving any sexual conduct or sexual
    contact with an animal for a commercial or recreational purpose."
    Humans are technically animals, and the only correct interpretation is to count them as such. The moral of the story, is if you want to have sex, you better not know about it.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • The should keep it on the books, that way it wont be enforced but will be a source of laughs in the future.

Like the laws saying you can't get a fish drunk, or that you can't walk on your hands.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I swear, most of the people in this thread haven't read what it actually says. It's just a sorta miswording that wasn't meant to ban sex between humans and which would never be interpreted as such. lol.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Because the distinction between "persons" and "animals" was never made, right?

I'm sure most people who read it would know better. Just a bit of common sense.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • The should keep it on the books, that way it wont be enforced but will be a source of laughs in the future.

Like the laws saying you can't get a fish drunk, or that you can't walk on your hands.

Or possibly no whaling in Oklahoma? THERE ARE NO WHALES IN OKLAHOMA IDIOTS.

Back