• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Follow me! Follow me! ~The K-Pop Fanclub ~

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I just recently got into K-Pop thanks to our dear club owner, [supporter]恐竜の女王[/supporter]. We started talking about it like 2-3 nights ago, since then nonstop! Its actually entertaining to say at the least. I'm enjoying it!

So far I've only really been listening to T-ara, but I absolutely LOVE them so far! I'm disappointed I didn't branch out into their music sooner. I'm going to extend to other artists/bands/groups of K-Pop eventually. I hope they are rather good also. :D

I saw T-ara's outfits they will be wearing for their Christmas concert. Hyomin's outfit ♥♥♥

Group Claim Form:
[supporter]Sector[/supporter] - T-ara

Individual Artist Claim Form:
[supporter]Sector[/supporter] - Hyomin, Jiyeon

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I just recently got into K-Pop thanks to our dear club owner, [supporter]恐竜の女王[/supporter]. We started talking about it like 2-3 nights ago, since then nonstop! Its actually entertaining to say at the least. I'm enjoying it!

So far I've only really been listening to T-ara, but I absolutely LOVE them so far! I'm disappointed I didn't branch out into their music sooner. I'm going to extend to other artists/bands/groups of K-Pop eventually. I hope they are rather good also. :D

I saw T-ara's outfits they will be wearing for their Christmas concert. Hyomin's outfit ♥♥♥

Group Claim Form:
[supporter]Sector[/supporter] - T-ara

Individual Artist Claim Form:
[supporter]Sector[/supporter] - Hyomin, Jiyeon
Welcome to the club, Sector!!!! :D ♥
There's list of songs there for you to try out if you want!!
Also, T-ara's Christmas outfits are like heaven. @_@ I can't even..........

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Welcome welcome! The more the merrier!!!
I see you are pretty YG biased, eh? ;D
What did you think of 2NE1's Missing You?
I think that has to be the best ballad I've heard this year, bar none. The music video was beautifully done as well.

Anyway, I hope you come by often! ^_^

Definitely a member of the YG Family <3

Missing You is just fantastic in so many ways. And you're absolutely right, the music video is just beautiful q.q

I really wish more groups would have full tours in other countries besides those in Asia. From what I know, Big Bang has only had a handful of shows here in America. Taeyang just did a show in San Fransisco not to long ago though, and there's been rumors of him talking with major American record labels, so that's pretty interesting :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014
Definitely a member of the YG Family <3

Missing You is just fantastic in so many ways. And you're absolutely right, the music video is just beautiful q.q

I really wish more groups would have full tours in other countries besides those in Asia. From what I know, Big Bang has only had a handful of shows here in America. Taeyang just did a show in San Fransisco not to long ago though, and there's been rumors of him talking with major American record labels, so that's pretty interesting :P

I know right lol, when they say "World Tour" They mean Asia Tour.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I know right lol, when they say "World Tour" They mean Asia Tour.

Haha I always get excited when someone announces a "World Tour", then I'm immediately disappointed when I remember that usually means Asia only. They only actually tour the whole world on a "Galaxy Tour" :P

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
There are rumors T-ara N4 will be coming back to LA between January-April. I really want to see them in person, but I want them to stay as far away from Chris Brown as possible. :(

I wish I had gone to KCON this year. I wanted to see EXO and f(x). I forgot to ask if any of you went to KCON this year?

EDIT: Guys I'm opening the suggestions for recommended songs again. 5 recommendations each! Please send them in before Sunday night. ;)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Nope Mia, they're not in Singapore for those.
P.S - I missed SMTown Tour in Singapore back in 2012, and they didn't come this year.
I'll have to wait for 2014's!

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
How did I even miss thisssss O__O OMG I would love to join~~

How long have you been listening to k-pop?
I knew K-Pop since 2008-2009-ish but didn't really paid any attention to them until 2010 and 2011. So it's been 4-5 years I assume.

How were you introduced to KPop?
I think a friend of mine told me this and that, then I got hooked! xD Hmm, I knew my current bias Big Bang from the video Lollipop (the one with 2NE1), but then I didn't really pay attention. It was on Fantastic Baby era when I got really hooked up by their songs and their distinctive fashion style, haha xD

Which artists are you currently listening to the most?
Big Bang, GD, Taeyang, TOP, Daesung, Seungri. Hands down xD Haha, seriously. OT5 and the individuals are considered separate artist since they have their own signature songs. :3 Aside of them, I like YG Family (2NE1, Lee Hi, Winner, etc), Girls Generation, EXO, f(x), IU, Trouble Maker, Sistar, B2ST, and many more~

Oh and btw can I claim? n__n
Group claim:
Rainflower - Big Bang/2NE1/f(x)

Artist claim:
Rainflower - Taeyang/Seungri/Kai/Yuri

Gomawo~

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
How did I even miss thisssss O__O OMG I would love to join~~

How long have you been listening to k-pop?
I knew K-Pop since 2008-2009-ish but didn't really paid any attention to them until 2010 and 2011. So it's been 4-5 years I assume.

I think a friend of mine told me this and that, then I got hooked! xD Hmm, I knew my current bias Big Bang from the video Lollipop (the one with 2NE1), but then I didn't really pay attention. It was on Fantastic Baby era when I got really hooked up by their songs and their distinctive fashion style, haha xD

Big Bang, GD, Taeyang, TOP, Daesung, Seungri. Hands down xD Haha, seriously. OT5 and the individuals are considered separate artist since they have their own signature songs. :3 Aside of them, I like YG Family (2NE1, Lee Hi, Winner, etc), Girls Generation, EXO, f(x), IU, Trouble Maker, Sistar, B2ST, and many more~

Oh and btw can I claim? n__n
Group claim:
Rainflower - Big Bang/2NE1/f(x)

Artist claim:
Rainflower - Taeyang/Seungri/Kai/Yuri

Gomawo~

Welcome to the club!!!! It seems like there are alot of SM and YG stans here. :)
Of course you can claim!!! I'll add them soon. Also if you want to join in on the song recommendation list I'll be taking 5 songs per user. I'll close the suggestions Sunday night when I change the featured video.

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
Haha thank you! ♥ How can I send the recommendation(s), btw?

Speaking of which, Big Bang is on their Japanese tour... ah, Japanese VIPs are so lucky :'(

And btw, since this is a Pokemon forum and K-pop fanclub, I hope this isn't being too off-topic, but Elesa, the Electric-type gym leader of Pokemon BW/B2W2 reminds me of 2ne1's CL, lol. They used to have blonde hair and now dyed it black. Not to mention they're the baddest female. Hahaha. Oh, it's just my random imagination playing around with K-Pop/Pokemon crossover, lol.

Years

Speaking of which, Big Bang is on their Japanese tour... ah, Japanese VIPs are so lucky :'(

And btw, since this is a Pokemon forum and K-pop fanclub, I hope this isn't being too off-topic, but Elesa, the Electric-type gym leader of Pokemon BW/B2W2 reminds me of 2ne1's CL, lol. They used to have blonde hair and now dyed it black. Not to mention they're the baddest female. Hahaha. Oh, it's just my random imagination playing around with K-Pop/Pokemon crossover, lol.

Yeaaaaah! I noticed this too. They both had bowl-like cuts.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022

You can PM the recommendations to me or post them here. Either works. :D

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
So how do you guys feel about group members having to enter Military Service fairly soon? For those that don't know, males between the ages of 18-30 (I believe) have to enlist into the South Korean military for 21 months. That deadline is coming up in the next few years for T.O.P (age 26), Taeyang and GD (age 25).

In the case of Big Bang, the members can handle themselves well with Solo activities, so I think if they decided to enlist individually, the members would be alright for 2 years on their own. However, I believe they'll enlist together as a group, and even then a 2 year hiatus leaves a lot of time to build up hype for a comeback. ;D

I don't know as much about other groups, so are there any members of your favorite groups that are approaching that deadline? If there is, how do you feel about it and how do you think they and their group will handle it?

Years
I'm kind of sad. Yesung's left for military service in May I think, and he'll be back in Super Junior 2015 I guess. But he's 29 now, and he'll be 31 when he comes back - is he still going to be valuable to SM when he comes back? I'm not really familiar with how these military services turn out for the K-Pop stars, and I just want him back to sing again ;; Am going to miss his voice for sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014
So how do you guys feel about group members having to enter Military Service fairly soon? For those that don't know, males between the ages of 18-30 (I believe) have to enlist into the South Korean military for 21 months. That deadline is coming up in the next few years for T.O.P (age 26), Taeyang and GD (age 25).

In the case of Big Bang, the members can handle themselves well with Solo activities, so I think if they decided to enlist individually, the members would be alright for 2 years on their own. However, I believe they'll enlist together as a group, and even then a 2 year hiatus leaves a lot of time to build up hype for a comeback. ;D

I don't know as much about other groups, so are there any members of your favorite groups that are approaching that deadline? If there is, how do you feel about it and how do you think they and their group will handle it?

2PM's Taecyeon D: , I really like him after the Dream High Drama, now I won't be seeing him for about 2 years i think DDDDD:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years

Not much, considering I had to serve when I was 18 too.

Years
I haven't followed any Korean music in... 4-5 years? Regardless, I still want to join because I'm Korean and it just feels wrong to think I don't have much of association with K-Pop nowadays. Plus I could learn about new groups and their music.

How long have you been listening to KPop?
2 years? That is, until I kind of forgot about KPop.

Umm... Korean media?

...I used to listen to Super Junior and TVXQ, if that counts?

Last edited:

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
I knew I smelled kpop.

I knew about it for a while, but never gave it a chance until about 3 years ago.

I was an avid Comcast OnDemand viewer (no judging) and would frequent the music section daily. One day I noticed this new "KPOP" section. I'd always hear about kpop and would stumble upon random MVs on YouTube but always shrugged it off. Now I was like "meh it's 4am and I have nothing better to do."
omg I watched so many videos...I remember Abracadabra, Genie, Hearbeat, Lollipop but I didn't like ANY of them. then I saw Beast's Bad Girl and giggled to myself (since this was when the phrase SO BEAST was popular). I watched it, thought GAYYYY, and fell in love at the same time. I probably wouldn't have gotten into kpop if it wasn't for Beast (I mostly listened to alternative/post-hardcore rock at the time, funny enough) but now I don't even follow Beast anymore.

I listen to most everything, so what I'm currently listening to depends on what was recently released. Right now it's mostly SNSD and EXO (or at least it would be if my albums would arrive already. I pre-ordered them this time and they're still not here yo)

anyone watched KBS's Gayo Daejun? omg so disappointing

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
May I join? ;D

On and off for about five years.

Well I stumbled upon a TVXQ song while listening to jpop songs. I hated them actually and didn't get back into kpop until my friend introduced me to Younha.

Younha. Youhnha. Younha. Younha. Need I say more? lol ;D
(Lee Hi and Ailee)

BY THE WAY, may I claim Younha? ;D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014
I knew I smelled kpop.

I knew about it for a while, but never gave it a chance until about 3 years ago.

I was an avid Comcast OnDemand viewer (no judging) and would frequent the music section daily. One day I noticed this new "KPOP" section. I'd always hear about kpop and would stumble upon random MVs on YouTube but always shrugged it off. Now I was like "meh it's 4am and I have nothing better to do."
omg I watched so many videos...I remember Abracadabra, Genie, Hearbeat, Lollipop but I didn't like ANY of them. then I saw Beast's Bad Girl and giggled to myself (since this was when the phrase SO BEAST was popular). I watched it, thought GAYYYY, and fell in love at the same time. I probably wouldn't have gotten into kpop if it wasn't for Beast (I mostly listened to alternative/post-hardcore rock at the time, funny enough) but now I don't even follow Beast anymore.

I listen to most everything, so what I'm currently listening to depends on what was recently released. Right now it's mostly SNSD and EXO (or at least it would be if my albums would arrive already. I pre-ordered them this time and they're still not here yo)

anyone watched KBS's Gayo Daejun? omg so disappointing
Really? KBS Gayo Daejun is better because of the Idol Versus Idol Challenge, but SBS is a dissapointment because of the cameraman and the mic problem :( , Tiffany had problem with her mic, and GD and YB hugged <3 but the cameraman pointed the floor, can't see their hugs </3 :(

Back