• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following Pokemon

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well, even if it's on a small scale, I'm sure people will enjoy it being in the game. For some reason I never actually tried amity square in platinum, gonna have to do that when I get further in my playthrough.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Running around in the exact path the trainer was walking?

Walking Pokémon are probably returning, but to what extent we don't know. It could be restricted to certain areas/sizes/etc.
    Disagree. It is just coincidence rockruff is going the same way as the trainer. I am certain the feature is not returning.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Disagree. It is just coincidence rockruff is going the same way as the trainer. I am certain the feature is not returning.

No way its a coincidence. Coincidences dont make the cut for trailers. And the Rockruff hate music note in its text box as it ran, just like in other follow features. Even if its not a fully-fledged follow feature, there is no way in hell its a coincidence for that very reason.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Coincidence? Come on. GF knows how much fans want following Pokémon back. They wouldn't add that scene in, making Rockruff walk in the same path the trainer is, and then go "Just a coincidence lol".
    It is coincidence. Fans shouldn't make it out to be something that it isn't. We are not getting the feature back.

You're certain? I'll quote you on that when the game comes out.
    I am positive. The feature was awful in HGSS. At least in DP and Platinum, they restricted it to one area which i like. That feature won't return.

No way its a coincidence. Coincidences dont make the cut for trailers. And the Rockruff hate music note in its text box as it ran, just like in other follow features. Even if its not a fully-fledged follow feature, there is no way in hell its a coincidence for that very reason.
    Actually it is. Fans are making too big of a deal of this. That scene in the trailer means nothing. Following pokemon is not happening again.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    It is coincidence. Fans shouldn't make it out to be something that it isn't. We are not getting the feature back.

I am positive. The feature was awful in HGSS. At least in DP and Platinum, they restricted it to one area which i like. That feature won't return.

Actually it is. Fans are making too big of a deal of this. That scene in the trailer means nothing. Following pokemon is not happening again.

You do realize DPPt came out before HGSS, correct? They ported the feature to HGSS because it was popular.
    Why would they include a meaningless clip, showing something that fans want, and then not include it in the game? that is legit just trolling the fanbase and is gonna add even more hate to all the hate surrounding USUM already.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    You do realize DPPt came out before HGSS, correct? They ported the feature to HGSS because it was popular.
    Why would they include a meaningless clip, showing something that fans want, and then not include it in the game? that is legit just trolling the fanbase and is gonna add even more hate to all the hate surrounding USUM already.
    People are making assumptions from that clip. That clips doesn't indicate anything.

Do you have any proof to back up that statement other than "I don't want the feature back, so it's not coming back"?
    Don't need to. Proof is already there. Do you have proof that it is returning? No you do not. Fans need to stop jumping to conclusions because of one clip that means nothing.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    People are making assumptions from that clip. That clips doesn't indicate anything.

Don't need to. Proof is already there. Do you have proof that it is returning? No you do not. Fans need to stop jumping to conclusions because of one clip that means nothing.

Um... no. There isn't any proof. And yeah, the clips kinda do provide evidence that it's coming back in some form.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years

You aren't providing any evidence. Your argument consists of nothing more than pure contradiction without reason. While our theories and speculations may be too optimistic, at least we are pointing to evidence and trying to extrapolate from empiricism rather than making highly subjective and vague claims that "fans are making too big of a deal of this" and "the clip means nothing." We are not saying you are totally wrong (we aren't sure of anything ourselves, as I think our discussion has clearly indicated), but at least conjure up some fact-based reasoning.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Um... no. There isn't any proof. And yeah, the clips kinda do provide evidence that it's coming back in some form.
    No it doesn't. That can be just a random rockruff. I am not buying the following pokemon return thing. USUM can do better than to have a annoying feature like that. Proof is that people are jumping to conclusion without actual evidence. I do not believe this for a second. My choice.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    No it doesn't. That can be just a random rockruff. I am not buying the following pokemon return thing. USUM can do better than to have a annoying feature like that. Proof is that people are jumping to conclusion without actual evidence. I do not believe this for a second. My choice.

You don't have to "buy into" anything. What's happening is gonna happen. And even if it is a random rockruff, that's still a type of following pokemon (it's clearly following the trainer, admit it :p)

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I sincerely believe that feature will ruin USUM if it is in it. Pokemon following is an undesireable feature that gets annoying. So no, i do not believe this is returning and i believe i am right.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I sincerely believe that feature will ruin USUM if it is in it. Pokemon following is an undesireable feature that gets annoying. So no, i do not believe this is returning and i believe i am right.

I'm sure gamefreak is willing to sacrifice your money for the hundreds of dollars more they will get by including the feature.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm sorry but how the heck could something as small as a Pokémon following behind you ruin the game?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I'm sure gamefreak is willing to sacrifice your money for the hundreds of dollars more they will get by including the feature.
    Nope. GF lose a lot of money from putting that feature in. Not just mine.

I'm sorry but how the heck could something as small as a Pokémon following behind you ruin the game?

Because it is useless, pointless and annoying. Just like customization. I am already putting up with customization. I do not need to put up with two horrible features in one new pair of games.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nope. GF lose a lot of money from putting that feature in. Not just mine.

Because it is useless, pointless and annoying. Just like customization. I am already putting up with customization. I do not need to put up with two horrible features in one new pair of games.

No, they wouldn't because I feel like it and that's proof.

Edit: Ok I've really had enough of this, I'll be taking a break until tomorrow, it's really intense :p

Back